Status: This is WIP. Please bear with me.

Mental S.H.I.E.L.D.S

Mental S.H.I.E.L.D.S .:1:.

"Ember, wake up." Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.S, Nick Fury appeared on a holograph on my wall.

I turned and pulled the covers over my head, hoping he'll go away.

"Wake up, rookie. You don't want to be late on your first day as a S.H.I.E.L.D.S agent."

I threw my covers back and sat up in the bed, glaring at Nick.

"I didn't order a personal alarm clock, Nick." I rubbed my eyes

I heard Nick sigh and he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'd rather you get moving now or I'll have you work with Agent Coulson. We all know how much he dislikes you because of your behavior when we recruited you, remember?"

"Yes, I remember..."

How could I not remember? That little know-it-all got what he deserved. He had no right to try to steal my asgardian necklace because it wielded some of Loki's powers. "Just wanted to take a look at it." Yeah, right. He just wanted it so he can experiment on the powers it holds.

I put my hand over a small light blue crystal and a gold crystal that was hanging on the necklace. It was the only thing that reminded me of my two homes, Jotunhiem and Asgard. Loki gave it to me before I left for Earth, to follow Thor.

The blue crystal felt cold against my skin, sending a chill down my spine.

"How he knew that they held a sliver of his powers, I do not know. But if he comes anywhere near me and he wants my necklace, He's going to be an agent pop-sickle." I snarled, making sure Nick would pass on my message to Agent Pain-In-My-Ass.

"I'll make sure he won't get to your necklace. It's on you anyway. I don't think he'll do anything to harm you physically. He's not that type of person. He might interrogate you. But he wouldn't harm you." A voice said at the doorway.

I turned around to find out who was in my room.

The man that was in my room wore a black and burgundy vest and black pants and black boots. His brown eyes burned into me. His sunglasses, and bow and arrows were nowhere to be seen. I've seen him from somewhere... I just don't know his name.

"I heard that you put up quite a fight with Agent Coulson over your necklace. I take it that it's something very valuable to you." He said.

"Uh...Who..-" I started to say, staring at the man before me.

"Oh, sorry. Agent Clint Barton. You'll be working with me and the rest of he Avengers."

:Avengers?: I thought then slapped my forehead.

:Of course. Thor.:

"And what was that for?" Clint eyed the hand that slapped my forehead and I quickly put it down.

"I had to remind myself who the Avengers were."

"Well, you're working in the same building as us. Come, get yourself dressed and I'll introduce you to the rest of them." He said, walking out of my room, the door shutting itself behind him.

I looked over at the wall where the holograph appeared. Nick was gone. All there was there was a light blue screen with the S.H.I.E.L.D.S symbol on it. He ended our conversation without saying goodbye. I guess I have to get used to that.

I got myself dressed in my dark blue S.H.I.E.L.D.S uniform, got my black boots on and walked out of my room.

"I forgot to introduce myself. I'm-"

"I know who you are. Ember, Jotunheim's fallen princess."

:I didn't tell anyone that. Who the hell-:

"I read your file. You're one tough girl to go through all of that. Now I see why Nick wanted to hire you."

"How did you-"

"The expression on your face expressed your question."

:Great. An observer. I won't be able to play dumb around him. I have to make sure he stays quiet about the Jotumhiem's fallen Princess title.:

"Agent,-"

"Just call me Clint. Don't worry about the "Agent" title."

"Uh...isn't that against the rules to call an agent but his or her first name?"

"What rules?" He smiled and crossed his arms.

:He was an orphan. He didn't have to live by the rules at the circus.:

"Clint, can I ask you something?" I blushed slightly when his first name rolled smoothly off my tongue.

"Ask away."

"I don't feel comfortable when people call me "Jotunhiem's fallen Princess" out in public. Can it just be something between you and me?"

He chuckled.

"Anything you want, Princess." He said, teasing me with the Princess title.

"Quiet!" I hissed.

He put up his hands in defense.

"Ok, ok. I was just teasing around for a bit. Good god, no need to get so defensive."

He swung open a door and walked in, gesturing me to follow him.

"Hey guys, I have someone who you'd want to meet."

:Bad idea...Thor's here...:

They turned around and looked at Clint, then to me.

The red-haired woman walked towards me and extended her hand.

"I'm Natasha Romanoff. It's good to have you on board, Ember." She said, smiling.

The man with the golden hair and the rough facial hair, looked up and stared at me.

:Oh no...please don't start calling me Princess, Thor.:

"My gods, Princess Ember of Jotunhiem and Asgard. Finally we see each other after many moons." Thor said, walking up to me and kissed my hand.

:Shut up, Thor.:

"A Princess?" Tony asked, looking up from whatever he was reading about on the holograph screen.

I slapped my forehead again.

:I should have told him to shut up about calling me princess out in public when I last crossed paths with him.:
♠ ♠ ♠
Anything with :: is Ember's thoughts.