Status: ACTIVE

There's Something About Your Everything

Awkward...

I stood just offstage with my teeth sunk deep into my bottom lip and butterflies fluttering around in my stomach as I watched my best friend Brianna on stage, singing her heart out to my favorite song. It was a competition and she was one of the top five finalists, just a few minutes away from the competition to be over.

'And it's dark in a cold December,
But I've got you to keep me warm.
If you're broken I will mend you
And I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now.
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you get down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now.
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now.'
Brianna's voice sang, the lights dimming when she was done and the crowd behind the judges clapping and cheering louder than they had before.

Brianna gave them a big, bright smile before turning her attention towards the side of the stage to make sure I was there. I smiled brightly and she rushed off the stage.

"You did amazing," I said to her as she walked off the stage and practically jumped onto me, "You definitely won."

"Didn't you hear me out there? I sounded like a dying cat." she whined even though she knew she sounded amazing.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her off of me playfully before lacing my fingers with hers and waiting for the results that would determine where our lives went from here on and whether or not our dreams would come true.

"If you win-" I began only for her to cut me off.

"If we win, this is both of us. I'm not accepting anything unless you're coming with me." she said, the same stubborn girl I met when I was a freshman in high school years ago.

"I don't want to get in the way of your dreams, Brianna. If it really comes down to it, you'll just take whatever this prize is and we'll just stay in contact." I said, not wanting to make her journey to the top of the world harder than it needed to be.

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response, you filthy peasant," she said, making me chuckle upon realizing she was reviving the old inside joke from when we were younger.

"Gab," she began when I finished laughing, "Don't you think it's weird that they haven't told us what the prize is?"

"Yeah, but maybe it's something really amazing like a new house or a butler named Giles." I said, trying to lessen her nervous mood, “Or a butler in the new house named Giles.”

“Why is the house named Giles?” she said with a smile on her face.

“Shut up, Brianna.” I said, shoving her away from me and making her chuckle.

She ran a hand through her long blonde hair, something she did whenever she was nervous, watching as the lights on the stage went back on and it was time for her to return to the spotlight.

"Good luck, honey." I said as she slowly took her hand out of my hold and walked onto the stage.

"David Saunders, Brianna Monroe and Lisette Mercado please step forward." one of the judges said.

I watched nervously as the two people that were not called sucked in a breath before being escorted off the stage and walking past me with tears in their eyes when it finally hit them that they were not winning.

"This competition was very hard and you are all very talented but only one of you can win. David, you've come a long way since the beginning you might not be mature enough to take on the responsibilities of this career. Lisette, you're great at what you do but we're not necessarily looking for great we're looking for phenomenal. Brianna, you're amazing but you're only eighteen and we just don't think that you can handle the pressure." One of the judges said as I noticed Brianna wiping a tear away from her big hazel eyes.

"So who wins?" she began again, adding a touch of the dramatics to her mini speech and making my heart stop as I crossed my fingers and my teeth bit down so hard on my lip that I was about to draw blood, "Brianna, you're the winner of this competition."

Brianna placed her hands over her face and I could tell tears of happiness were falling from her eyes just as they were falling from mine. The other two finalists were led off the stage and soon only Brianna was left in the middle with a sole spotlight on her.

"Now, I'm sure you're curious about the prize, correct?" they asked her, making Brianna nod her head and send her blonde curls that rivaled Taylor Swift bounce around her face.

"Yeah, no one even let out a hint as to what it was." she said into the microphone in front of her.

"Well, as a young artist we all decided that it would be best if you could be an opening act for someone and learn what it's like on the road by going on their next tour with them. You'll receive a record deal along with a month and a half to record at least twelve songs."

Brianna gasped and I did too, making her look at me and remember I was there.

"Can I bring someone with me when I join the tour?" she asked, making me groan.

"I suppose so, it might get lonely on the road since you'll have your own bus anyway and the boys will be on a completely different bus for the most part."

"Boys," she began to ask, "What boys? Who am I touring with?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're going to be the opening act for One Direction."

I felt my eyes widen as my inner fan girl fainted and they dismissed Brianna, allowing her to walk offstage. When she was just a step away from me, I opened my arms wide and she jumped into them as she brought me in for a bear hug of her own.

"I can't believe I won. This is so exciting, I'm going to tell my mom, my dad, my brother, everybody. I'm going to make new friends just to tell them, I'm going to tell my boyfriend. I need to get a boyfriend to tell him." she rambled, making me chuckle slightly.

"I can't believe you're going on tour with One Direction." I said with a squeal, a small fan girl moment coming out of me.

"No, we're going on tour with them. You need to come with me, that much testosterone isn't good for a person." she joked.

We walked over to the other room and she grabbed a water bottle, ripping off the piece of paper that was previously stuck to her shirt with the number 23 and her name on the front.

"Excuse me," a kind voice began making both Brianna and I turn to the entryway of the room to see Liam Payne of One Direction standing there with a smile on his face, "I'm looking for Brianna, Brianna Monroe."

Brianna stepped forward with a wide smile on her face that showed off her straight white teeth and she shook his outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you." she began, "I'm Brianna."

"I know, you're an amazing singer by the way. I'm Liam. Congratulations on your big win; I knew it was you from the beginning. So I must say I'm a pretty big fan."

"Thank you; I'm a fan of yours as well." Brianna said, she smiled and turned towards me.

"This is my best friend/manager Gabriella Warren." she said politely as Liam shook my hand.

"I’m sorry I can't stay any longer but justify of strayed from the rest of the band to stop by and congratulate you and introduce myself since it seems well be in close quarters for a while." he explained, "It was nice meeting the both of you."

"You too." we said at the same time before watching him walk out.

"He likes you." I teased, watching her eyes widen.

"Yeah, sure. And tomorrow morning Niall is going to ask you to marry him and the two of you will run away together to have attractive Irish/Puerto Rican/Italian babies."

I rolled my eyes and nudged her body slightly as she chuckled.

"What, it's not like I'm lying. We all know how much you love him."

"Brianna..." I began to warn as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I noticed her taking off the long sleeve shirt she had on to leave her in just her black spaghetti strap tank top covering her torso.

"I think you might have a thing for blondes," she said as she tousled her hair and took her bangs out of the small French braid they were in, "I mean, you love me and I'm blonde."

"Brianna, who do you think you're kidding? You're as blonde as I am." I said, making her pout slightly.

"Filthy peasant." she muttered beneath her breath as she plopped down on one of the couches with her phone in one hand and an ice cold water bottle in the other.

I walked over to the corner of the room to get my jacket, purse, scarf and other items that I brought with me.

"Gab," Brianna whined from where she sat on the couch, "I'm cold."

"Why the fuck did you take off your shirt?" I said to her, feigning anger, “Maybe you really are blonde."

"Don't even, you know you love me more than anything." she said to me, her pads of her feet making small noises against the cold floor and letting me know that she took off her heels.

"Why do I feel like whatever you're doing is going to end with me being in pain?" I asked her before feeling the weight of her body crashing into mine and pushing me to the ground with a small groan escaping my lips as her body attacked mine.

"Say you're sorry." she whined from above me even though I somehow managed to flip over onto my back with her arms pinning mine down above my head.

"What exactly am I sorry for?" I asked her, blowing a strand of my dark hair out of my face when the words left my mouth.

"You said I'm a fake blonde." she whined.

"Baby, I've know you since we were thirteen. I know your natural hair color."

"Maybe I dyed my hair black before high school and then I went back to my natural color." she said, making me raise an eyebrow at her before laughing at her face.

"My love," I began once I was done laughing, "Your roots are showing."

She took her hands off of my wrist and placed her hands on the top of her head, slightly embarrassed. I chuckled and took a piece of her blonde locks in between my fingers as I examined her dead split ends.

"You should just dye your hair black." I said even though I knew she wouldn’t even consider it, my thoughts being proven true as she scoffed and ran a hand through her hair to push her bangs out of her face.

"Yeah, and you should consider a sex change." she said, making me burst out laughing as she lost her balance slightly from where she sat on top of me due to my shaking body.

"Gab..." she trailed off with a groan.

There was a knock on the door and we both turned to look towards the door way as I sat up slightly, my hands moving to her back when I noticed she almost fell off. My eyes widened when I saw all of One Direction standing there with wide eyes.

"Are we interrupting something?" Liam said with a chuckle.

It was then that I realized the position that Brianna and I had just often caught in, something that was an everyday occurrence for us. I pushed her off of me with a roll of my eyes and her head shot to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out my two best friends The Beautiful Gabster who is NEW to Mibba and The Talented Katie, an old timer on this fine website we enjoy so much

If you like Ronnie Radke, read my top rated, top subscribed, top everything story Somebody That I Used To Know

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out my new One Direction fan-fic, [url= http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/487820/Shes-a-Rebel-Shes-a-Saint/] She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint [/url] it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

And, while you’re at it, please read my two Draco Malfoy fan-fic s One More Time For The Broken Hearted and my second one is a love triangle between an Oc, Draco, and Ron Marilyn Bradford and the Inheritance

If you like Black Veil Brides, check out one of my two Andy Biersack stories, I Could’ve Been Normal and also check out the prequel of my second most popular story Sterling Silver Has Never Been So Beautiful

For all those Max Green fans out there, take a look at Close To A Nightmare But Closer To A Dream

Munro Chambers would be really happy if you read The Last Time The Rain Fell because Eli’s the main love interest.

If you like Twilight, check out my first story ever, After the Lion Fell in Love With the Lamb.