Status: ACTIVE

There's Something About Your Everything

Meet The Family

Despite Niall’s desperate attempts as getting me to agree, I still shook my head and denied him since I knew for a fact that what he wanted was most definitely not a very good idea in the slightest. He groaned and I chuckled slightly at my boyfriend’s overdramatic ways before turning my attention back to the food that I was attempting to cook for all of us tonight since not only was it my turn to deal with dinner anyway but Niall and I also somehow managed to make it home earlier than everyone else had.

"Gabriella, please! Please just say yes!" Niall pleaded, making me roll my dark brown eyes as I continued to ignore him to the best of my ability and just stir the wooden spoon in the pot of boiling pasta before me, "You said yourself that they all wanted to meet me."

"I know what I said, but we just got back to New York. I really just want to relax here at home for a little bit before my family decides to eat you alive."

“What makes you think that they would eat me alive?” he asked me, making me happy that Brianna was the only one of my friends that knew what my family was like since they accepted her into their home as if she was my twin sister.

“My mom’s a retired cop, and my dad still is a cop. They could honestly kill you and make it look like an accident.”

"Well, they love Brianna and she isn't exactly a ladylike young woman! Why would they not like me?"

"I'm not saying that they definitely won't like you, Niall,” I began, “but you need to keep in mind that Brianna and I haven't had sex before. They know for a fact that you and I definitely have."

"If I grow boobs, dye my hair more often, and have sex with Harry eighty times a week, do you think I could pass as Brianna?" he asked me, trailing off slightly at the end and making me let out a small chuckle as I took the bowls out of the cabinet to serve everyone their food that I had just finished making.

"Niall, I'll think about it." I said with a sigh.

“You’ll think about if I could pass for Brianna?”

“No Niall,” I began with a small sigh, “I’ll think about whether or not you should meet my family today. Or, you know, meet them ever.”

He pouted slightly at my words but he nodded his head anyway at the same time that Brianna, Louis, and Harry all came walking into the spacious apartment in an air of loud rambunctious laughter and happy smiles.

"Hey boobear!" my best friend said happily as she placed her bags down in the hallway by her bedroom before walking towards me and placing an overdramatic kiss on my cheek.

"Hey sweetie," I began in the same sweet tone before turning my own head to kiss her cheek that was just a shade lighter than my own tanned skin, "Can you set the table, I just finished cooking?"

She nodded her head and took the cups, utensils, and napkins from where they were all arranged neatly in the cabinets and she set them all on the table.

“So, I got your Christmas gift today…” she said, trailing off in a tone that told me I probably wouldn’t have liked the other half of that sentence anyway.

“If you got me lingerie like last year I don’t think I’m going to be happy with that gift…” I said to her, trailing off as well in the same tone she had just used when she was talking to me.

“I didn’t!”

“Wait a minute,” Niall began, “You bought her lingerie last year?”

“And what exactly did you two do with that lingerie?” Louis asked Brianna and I.

We looked away from each other and looked towards him with matching cocked eyebrows and incredulous expressions etched on our faces.

“Really, Louis?” we said to him at the same time.

“What, I’m a guy.”

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to my fake blonde best friend that had a smile on her face and a sparkle in her vibrant blue eyes.

“So, what did you get me?” I asked her.

“Well, there’s something I wanted to get you but somebody said that I can’t get it for you anymore.” she said with a whine.

“Awe,” I began as I pulled her closer towards me and pulled her in for an overdramatic hug, “What did they do?”

“We told her the truth.” Louis said with a roll of his eyes.

“Yeah, we just gave her a small dosage of reality.” Harry said.

“Baby,” Brianna began as she pulled away from me and placed a hand on either side of my face, “Reality ruined my life!”

“Oh god, how long have you been waiting to break out that joke?” I asked with a roll of my eyes, pushing her away from me.

“I can’t compete with your boy band, they’re got like seventy three tattoos!” she began in a melodic voice before continuing, “Except for Niall because he’s perfect!”

“Can you please just tell me what you were planning on getting me for Christmas before they ruined everything for you?” I asked her, interrupting her new version of ‘I would.’

“Well, I was online earlier today and there was a free zebra on Craigslist!”

“Oh my god, you’re so lucky I love you.”

“And I’m pretty, right?”

I rolled my eyes at her words but nodded my head anyway just going along with what she was saying.

“Can you please finish setting the table for me?” I asked her in a sweet tone with a wide smile on my face.

She groaned the second the words slipped from my mouth but she nodded her head and did as I asked anyway.

"What were you guys doing before we got home?" Harry asked Niall and I, successfully changing the subject and ignoring the fact that his girlfriend was making fun of him just a few seconds ago as he sat at the island of the kitchen.

"We were talking about the fact that Gabriella apparently doesn't want to introduce me to her family..." Niall grumbled, making me roll my eyes even though I knew he was trying to get me to agree with him by bringing other people into the mix.

"What the actual fuck, Gabriella? Why don't you want Niall to meet your family? It's because he's Irish, isn't it? You know, I’m Irish too and I take offense to that. I could sue you for this." Brianna said in a joking tone.

"If you don't shut up right now I'll have you deported." I said in a snappy tone, successfully making everyone in the room chuckle as a clueless Zayn and Liam walked into the room.

"What did we miss?" Zayn asked as he shrugged off his leather jacket and placed his bags by the front door.

"Yeah, I feel like we definitely just missed something incredibly important." Liam added as he took off his own jacket and placed the things he had bought beside Zayn's bags.

"Well apparently Gab doesn't want Niall to meet her parents and since Brianna assumes it’s a race issue she's threatening to sue Gabriella. Gabriella also wants to have Brianna deported but I'm not sure where Brianna would go..." Louis explained, making both Liam and Zayn smile at our strange actions.

"Down the block maybe?" Harry said from where he sat at the dining room table beside Brianna before taking his first bite of the food I had just placed in front of all of them.

"Do you really want to meet my family?" I asked Niall once everyone else at the table had started eating and engaging in their own conversations with the person on either side of them, watching as his pretty blue eyes widened slightly in surprise when I said that to him.

He nodded his head eagerly and I smiled at him.

"I'll try to text my mom or something and then we'll just go once we finish eating." I suggested.

"That sounds great, thank you for this."

I smiled at him and leaned towards him slightly to place a small kiss on his lips, Niall placing a kiss on the very tip of my nose when we pulled away from each other. Once we finished eating, Niall and I pulled our coats back on and we made our way out of the apartment and towards my car.

“I’m so happy we can do this, thank you.” he said to me once the two of us were safely seated in my car and we were making our way to my parent’s home.

“It’s really no problem, Niall. I was honestly just worried as to whether or not they would like you when they actually did meet you and stuff like that.” I said, running a hand through my thick dark brown hair that Niall seemed to be have grown incredibly fond of since the day I met him.

“Should I be worried?” he asked.

“If I was you, I would probably be very worried.” I answered truthfully.

He chuckled slightly and turned his attention back to his cellphone at the same time that I turned on the radio so that my bright red car wouldn’t be filled with an awkward silence between the two of us. Eventually, we were finally waiting in front of my childhood home for someone to answer the door.

"Be good." I grumbled to Niall below my breath as I took my finger off of the doorbell.

"What makes you think that I won’t be good?" Niall asked me, moving his hand to hold onto mine with a small pout on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, my heart clenching in sheer anticipation and filling with happiness when the door opened and I was met with my mother’s dark brown eyes that perfectly matched my own.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her in a warm hug as she did the same to me.

"Hi, Gab." she greeted in the same tone before pulling away and holding me at arm’s length to look me over, "Oh, you're even more beautiful than I remember."

"Awe, ma." I began with a small blush on my face before moving my hand towards Niall for him to place his hand in mine, "Mom, this is my boyfriend Niall. Niall, this is my mom."

A smile that was identical to the one I sometimes sported found its way to her face and she pulled him in for a hug that neither Niall nor I expected.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," my mother began, "Gabriella has told me so much about you."

"It’s nice to meet you too," Niall started, his Irish accent surprising my mother slightly even though I told her that he had an accent before we came to visit her today, "I've been wanting to meet Gab's family for a while."

"You're going to regret saying that soon..." I grumbled below my breath as I heard my brother and dad’s happy shouts from the living room as they watched TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who has AMAZING stories posted on the website we all know and love.

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

Don’t forget my other Niall Horan story, Sibling Rivalry