Status: ACTIVE

There's Something About Your Everything

Delightfully British

When everyone else’s food had arrived, Louis, Harry, and Brianna were playfully picking at each other’s plates as if they had known each other for years. There were empty and half-empty beer bottles on the coffee table, Liam and I the only one’s not drinking while Brianna and Niall were sitting on the floor after having decided that a competition to see who was ‘more Irish’ was a good idea.

“Niall, I’m a girl,” Brianna began as she put down her yet another bottle of beer and Niall put down his down, “Just let me win.”

They were both past thirteen bottles when Niall nodded her head and Brianna stood up cheering from the floor cheering before sitting down between Louis and I. I heard my phone go off but I didn’t bother to reach for it. Everyone’s phone was blowing up with Twitter mentions as people kept asking about the two girls in the video thanks to each of the boys posting their own version of the video of Brianna and I in the hallway.

“I feel like I just ate enough to feed a small village in a third world country.” Harry said, Louis, Liam and Zayn nodding their head in agreement.

The four of them put the containers of their food on the coffee table and turned their attention back to the TV that was now a soccer game that the boys seemed to be incredibly interested in.

I stood up and brought everyone’s empty or half-empty containers to the kitchen to clean up. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Niall approaching with a few empty beer bottles in his hands. He placed them in the recycling before sitting at the island in the kitchen.

“How did you meet?” Niall asked me, confusing me slightly.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“You and Brianna, how did the two of you meet? You guys are alike but there are a few noticeable differences between the two of you and I don’t just mean the hair.”

I chuckled and walked to the kitchen island, placing my elbows on top of the clean countertop as I thought for a minute or two.

“Well,” I began, “When we were in ninth grade, she sat in front of me in our Global class. We barely knew each other but I used to play with her hair and borrow her phone to play games on it and stuff like that. Eventually we just got along well and ended up getting really close over the years.” I explained.

“And now you guys are a package deal?” he asked me.

“Let me put it this way, you don’t do many things without at least one of the boys by your side. There’s only a handful of things I can do without her.” I said.

“Gab…” Brianna’s voice dragged out, the ‘a’ going on for a few seconds.

Niall and I walked to the living room after we finished cleaning up and Brianna was holding her arms out to me, a gesture that only mean she wanted to cuddle with someone.

I sat down next to her and her head was on my shoulder as mine was on her head, the two of us cuddled together in the middle of the large grey couch.

“We have to wake up early tomorrow.” I told Brianna as I shook her slightly to make sure she was awake.

“Fuck getting up early.” she said, cuddling into my side more only for me to push her away.

“Stop being an ass, we need to do an interview tomorrow.” I told her.

“Ugh, fuck morning interviews. I don’t want to wake up early unless it’s for sex, to go to sleep somewhere else or maybe bacon is involved.”

“Brianna, are you even listening to me?” I asked her.

“Have you ever thought that maybe mermaids are just pretty seals?” she asked me, all sense gone.

“Dude,” Louis began from where he sat next to her in a drunken stupor as well, “So much yes.”

“Is it a bad time to mention I don’t like soccer very much?” I said, making everyone in the room look at me with wide eyes.

“Gab,” Brianna began as she slowly pulled away from me, “I don’t know how to say this, but I need you to move out. I’ll give you until the end of the week.”

Everyone chuckled and I rolled my eyes before reaching my arms out for my cuddling buddy to come closer to me again.

“No, get away from me you filthy peasant!” she exclaimed before moving some things off the coffee table and lying down on top of it.

My eyes widened slightly as I watched her, the boys laughing at her actions. I watched as her hand reached for the hem of her black tank top since she had shed herself of her SpongeBob hoodie over an hour ago. I got off the couch and dragged her off the table by her feet.

“Alright, my blonde ray of sunshine, come on,” I began as I carefully took her off the table and placed her on the floor so that it was easier for her to stand up and walk herself to her room, “We need to get you to sleep.”

“I don’t wanna sleep.” she muttered as she turned onto her stomach on the floor.

“Why do you torment my life, child?” I asked as I tried to push her to her bedroom since she was standing.

She walked over to the couch and I sighed as I followed her to make sure she didn’t do her normal drunken habit of taking off her clothes and knocking on the neighbor’s door.

“Where’s the cat?” she asked me as I sat down next to her since I knew she wasn’t going to be falling asleep any time soon.

Everyone in the room looked at her in confusion, me especially.

“Baby, we don’t have a cat.” I told her, watching her eyebrows furrow together in confusion.

“Oh, we should get a cat. I like cats, I find their presence enjoyable.”

“Is she always like this when she’s drunk?” Harry asked with a chuckle that made me notice that the five of them were watching Brianna and I sitting next to each other.

“Actually she’s usually much worse. By now she’s usually taken off most of her clothes and is trying to go talk to the neighbors about whether or not you get hearing aids from phone sex.” I said, making them chuckle.

I looked over at Brianna and noticed her fingers were toying with the hem of her tank top yet again.

“Gab, what if clothes are the work of the devil? Arent people supposed to be born naked or something like that?” she asked me, making me burst out into laughter along with everyone else in the room.

“Okay, I think that’s our sign,” I began as I stood up and reached out a hand to help her up only for her to fall to the ground a moment later, “Why do I have to be the responsible one?”

I grabbed onto her ankles and dragged her away slightly.

“No, Gab, I don’t want to sleep alone. Is someone gonna come cuddle with me?” she whined.

“I’ll cuddle with you.” I offered in an attempt to get her to shut up as we finally reached the hallway.

“No, I wanna cuddle with a guy. You’re not a boy, Gab.”

I shook my head, trying not to laugh at her as we passed the door to the bathroom.

“Can I cuddle with Harry?” she whined.

“Why did I hear my name?” Harry’s loud voice asked.

“Ignore her Harry,” I called to him even though I knew that he had probably already gotten the boys to quiet down enough for him to hear what she was saying to me, “Brianna, please stop talking about Harry.”

“But he’s so delightfully British.” she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world as Harry’s, Louis’s, Liam’s, Zayn’s and Niall’s loud laughs filled the house at her words while I pulled her into her pink and black bedroom.

“He’s delightfully British?” I repeated, “You’ve dated more boys than a hooker and the best thing you can think of is ‘he’s delightfully British?’”

She shrugged her shoulders and I smiled down at my best friend as I helped her into bed.

“He also has a nice ass, so he’s got that going for him,” she said, making me chuckle, “It’s not as good as Louis’s because Louis has a nicer ass than I do, but his is still pretty nice.”

I tucked her in while laughing and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Good night, princess.” I said to her with a smile on my face.

“Good night, sunshine.” she replied, turning around to cuddle with one of the pillows on her bed.

I walked out of the room and into the bathroom to grab some pills that she would definitely need in the morning before going to the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water for her. I walked back to her room and placed both by her bed before walking back to the living room.

“I’m delightfully British.” Harry said with a smirk on his face, knowing that I didn’t want there to be any type of friendly, romantic, or sexual relationship between the two of them no matter how much either one of them may have wanted it.

“I’ll let you know it now, Harry,” I began as I sat next to him and everyone else was focused on the TV again, “She’s my best friend and she does think you’re hot. She may be an adult and be able to make her own decisions but if you break that blonde girl’s heart I’ll break your face, and I’m not giving out empty threats. When her old boyfriend cheated on her, I broke his nose, busted his lip, and ripped out his eyebrow ring.”

I watched as Harry’s eyes widened but I could tell that the idea of being with Brianna still intrigued him slightly for some reason as I stood up from where I sat next to him.

“Nice talking with you, Harry.” I said before walking to the entryway of the living room and standing by the hallway, “I’m going to bed. You guys can sleep here on in my room; I’m going to go with Brianna.”

They all said goodnight as I walked down the hallway and into Brianna’s room to find her sleeping on the bed. I got in the bed the side opposite her and pushed her hair out of her face even though her eyes were closed and it wouldn’t help her see anyway. Eventually sleep took me over as well and I drifted off with my fingers laced with Brianna’s a habit we took part of whenever we slept in the same bed together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe and recommend. Also please check out some of my other stories <3