Care

Office

“Are you still cheating on James?”

-

I took off the purple tank top and tossed it at the bottom of my closet. I still couldn’t find the shirt I wanted.
“Is shorts too much? Maybe a skirt?” I mumbled to myself.

I sighed and grabbed the purple tank I had just discarded. Throwing it on quickly I rushed to grab my keys.

-

“I don’t know how he expects me to focus you know?”
“Your professor?”
“Yeah…”
“Tell me about him,” Dan wasn’t being a dick today, shocking.
“He’s so beautiful, when he speaks, even saying hello it’s with so much passion. I wish I could have that kind of desire. It’s not just for teaching either, for life.”
“What does he look like?”
“His hair is mostly grey, he wears plain black tee-shirts and jeans, he has tattoos, and I could stare at them for hours and get lost in the stories. He has the cutest dimple in his chin too; he’s brooding and so smart it’s insane.”

-

I waited for the last student to leave. He was asking about the last paper he assigned to us. As he walked out the door I started to speak.

“Mr. Roberts I was wondering if you wanted us to write about the post…” I trailed off as soon as the door shut.

I fought the urge to jump on him right there. He smiled at me; he smiled not smirked.
“Let’s step into my office.”