Status: This is my first story in English and on here, so forgive me for all the expected typos and other stuff, idk.

Between the Doors

Let's start with a bang

Joshua was riding shotgun, playing with a curl in his dark brownish hair while the sun slowly raised across them and gave the ground a spice of life, Danneel was humming along to a long forgotten song and they were both helplessly desperate in a quiet manner.

In the most simple terms, poor Joshua and Danneel had no idea what to do with them self and with no reason in the world too. That's a lie, because they have some reasons according to them, sure they do, where will you go when the only thing you got is the world, and besides they just keep asking if they can have the world if someone else is in it.

So the unspoken truth behind this is lying around in the air, when Joshua takes a shaking breath.

''Where are we going?'' Danneel dares to ask, and spend her brother a gaze.

The radio keeps playing the song on repeat and non of them got the guts to make it stop, and anyway this silence drowns the noise of all the nothing.

Joshua is now tapping along to the drumbeat and letting their eyes meet, green against the blue in the heat of a fire, Danneel got the blue eyes and they both got their mothers brown hair, but Danneel also got her freckles.

She used to stand in front of her mirror every night and count them. Danneel doesn't have a mirror anymore, in fact she doesn't have the urge to do it either. So her freckles remain uncounted and if it came up another after this morning, she wouldn't even know.

They turn left at a big scarred sign, and then it's only lots of road again. It's been way to much road at this part of their day, no motels or others car. Nothing else but this terrifying silence that say's enough, so if Joshua just oh so casually gets his hand inside his pocket and grab onto a very small coin, he gets a hold on everything they own.

A coin, a car and a stolen credit card.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so bad, I suck. Well anyway, I can just lie and say it's just some practice of different writing styles.