Sea of hands and teeth

Zombies? How original...

I unlocked the door to look down the stairs, what I saw surprised me to a level that I thought to be unreachable. My own mother lying on the ground. Gasping for air as some person in a sweater with the hood pulled all the way over their head was having a nice snack. biting her neck a geyser of blood gushed out, spilling onto the once clean tile floor. I tried to sneak back to my room to grab my laptop and make a mad dash for the attic, but this proved to be foolish as my door slammed shut. Hard. I'm fucked. I thought to myself. But nothing happened. Nothing tried to stumble up the stairs, nothing. I ran to the bathroom as it has the only entrance to the attic. Locked the door then realized I should get the old civil war sword displayed on my parents wall in their wall. It sounds like the fucker is done with it's meal. I heard steps coming up the stairs. Shit, shit, shit! Wait. I hear more footsteps stumbling downstairs. I unlocked the door to the bathroom and running to my parents room, bursting through the door and grabbing the sword, unsheathed it and wielded it like I have done it many times, I'm sure my skills with it won't match up. I heard a groan then something stepped in through the door. Notice I didn't say he or she, because I can't determine it's gender with it's hood pulled over it's head only showing it's mouth. I ran towards it at full force, planted my sword in it's mouth cutting out to one side. It's head rolled out to one side, it grabbed me. I took the desk mirror and slammed it on the remaining half of it's head that was hanging on the other side. It's jaw fell off onto the floor. It made a slash with it's hand trying to get to my arms. I ran past it trying to get to the bathroom. I slammed the door behind me in an attempt to stall it before it broke down the door. I was walking down the hall until to my surprise their was my mom. Half of her face was gone. You could see the inside of her mouth from her cheek. She howled a blood curdling howl. The other tuned in. Which was confusing because the other one's head is cut in half.
It only took me a little while to realize that the noise didn't come from that of which had only half of a head, there was a loud bang on the door outside. I reluctantly stuck the sword into the neck of what used to be my mother. As she fell to the floor she started to make a gurgling noise, without shedding a tear I pulled the sword out of her neck and cut off both of the zombie's heads.