Irene

Chapter One

Another day, another drunkard to serve.

You can say that she’s not her job’s biggest fan, but don’t worry about that. She won’t be in that stupid uniform for long, working at Luna Park. Irene Hale is actually an aspiring singer, working as a part time waitress until she releases her demo CD. Music was her get-away from all of life’s bullshit. When she starts to sing at bars or restaurants in open mic nights, she feels more herself than ever. She knew she was born to be a singer, and there was no way she was ever going to give up on her destined future.

“Hello? Earth to Irene?”, Nina Birchoff snapped at her workmate. She’s a beautiful petite blonde, with long cascading locks. Nina also works at Luna Park, she was the closest friend to Irene.

“Nina! God, you scared me”, said Irene when she was awakened from her haze. “Could you take the cheque to table twelve?”

“Ugh, the things I do for you!”, Nina huffed.

“Oh, come on! It’s the only thing I’d ever ask you to do”.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t forget we’ll have an open mic night tonight. I know you love that”, Nina winked.

Oh that’s right! How could she have forgotten! Open mic nights were Irene’s favorite, not just because she gets to sing. It’s also because some celebrities living nearby can come and just enjoy themselves. Some of them were singers, some of them were actors and some of them were record producers. You know now where I’m going with this. Unfortunately, she hasn’t been discovered yet, so she decided to do this the hard way and work on a demo CD. But until then, she just sings in front of a crowd of 50 people, a couple of nights a week with the spotlight on her.

*******************

“Adam, come on! We don’t wanna miss it tonight”, Sauli Koskinen; Adam Lambert’s adorable boyfriend said.

“I’m almost done baby”, Adam muttered to Sauli. He felt he was taking an awfully long time to get ready, but that’s what rockstars are all about. I mean, public appearances are also important, right?

It was a typical L.A date night, but Adam decided to treat Sauli to somewhere different; Luna Park. It was famous for its friendly atmosphere and its exquisite food. And open mic nights too. Even though, Adam knew that wherever he took Sauli, it didn’t matter as long as they were spending time together. Yes, that’s how much Adam was in love with Sauli. It wasn’t puppy love, it was the forever kind of love. At least that’s what he thought.

*******

It was as beautiful as Adam described it to Sauli, you can just take it all in. It smelled, heavenly as much as it is classy. The food was pretty great too. And the best part, there’s an open mic night about to start.

“Good evening everyone”, a tall man wearing the restaurant GM uniform said into the microphone. “Tonight, starting off our open mic night is our very talented Irene Hale”. The crowd clapped as the GM backed away and left the spotlight. Then there she was. The promised singer about to perform. She looked almost angelic as she climbed onto the stage. She had long auburn hair, and beautiful brown eyes that were tinted with; sadness. You could tell Adam was just wonderstruck by her. And that doesn’t happen very often. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight I’ll be singing High And Dry by Radiohead”. There was more clapping again as the music started.

Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that's pretty clever don't you boy
Flyin' on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drop
You'd kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never ever stop
You broke another mirror, you're turning into something you are not

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry

Drying up in conversation, you will be the one who cannot talk
All your insides fall to pieces, you just sit there wishing you could still make love
They're the ones who'll hate you when you think you've got the world
all sussed out
They're the ones who'll spit at you, you will be the one screaming out

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry

Oh, it's the best thing that you've ever had
The best thing that you've ever, ever had
It's the best thing that you've ever had
The best thing you've had has gone away

So don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry
Don't leave me high
Don't leave me high
Don't leave me dry


The crowd cheered hard after she was done. “Thank you”, she said. As she looked onto the crowd, there was a certain person looking at her. It was Adam Lambert. THE Adam Lambert. Whoa. Maybe she’ll get a chance to chat with him for a while, and maybe get him to sign an autograph. She is probably his biggest fan in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is, the first chapter... Hopefully it's okay and not a fangirl-ish type of chapter. And btw, I googled the restaurant Luna Park, AND took suggestions for the song..

The story will become more exciting and interesting as the chapters pass, I promise. I've got tons of ideas roaming in my head.. Thank you for reading! :D

-Jayda