Status: Keep Watch More Soon

The Unraveling

Another String Unties

“TJ get off your ass take a shower and take Leila to the park!” Craig demanded while TJ crawled further into the corner shaking his head no whimpering. “You are a fucking pussy and need to get out of the house I know he is creepy but it’s been 3 weeks since he’s come near you I think my message finally got through.” He whined shaking “Craig he said he will never leave me alone.” He huffed and rolled his eyes and hit TJ in the face with a clean outfit. “You are going no iffs, ands, or buts about it!” Spinning on his heels and stomped out of the house going on an unknown errand.

TJ reluctantly readied himself and was met by the pouting six year old. “Are you really going to take me like daddy said?” TJ sighed and nodded petting her hair receiving a cute giggle and a squee. “I’m almost ready, are you?” She bolted for her shoes and back pack, yelling “YES” down the hallway.” “Don’t run in the house Leila!” TJ waned. TJ was so nervous he never knew when Ronnie would show up in front of him and it scared him, he was so obsessed with his fear, which Ronnie would always tell him it was love not fear, but for all TJ knew for a demon it was all one in the same.

Leila stood by the door and TJ grabbed the packed lunch that Craig had made originally for he and Leila, before something unexpected came up and TJ had to fill his space. “Alright lets go L.” TJ smiled at her pushing his anxiety back and she opened the door her fingers holding the locket Craig had given her that was her mother’s. At the end of the drive way TJ took her hand leading her down the streets that were filled with people, Leila humming along by herself skipping, it put TJ at easy. “What are you humming?” He asked at the unfamiliar tune. “It’s I just had sex, but I broke it down and made it pretty.” She beamed. “You father lets you listen to that song?” She shook her head. “No, is it a bad song?” TJ shook his head. “You should sing it for him some time TJ chuckled and she nodded.

They reached the park and Leila took the table cloth from TJ laying it out on the grass daintily. He sat the basket down checking his surroundings and then joined her in sitting on the cloth letting her unpack the food. After stuffing themselves, TJ laid back watching the clouds like he did before he became afraid of every second of the day. “It was nice when I was only afraid of night.” He sighed and looked over at the wide eyed girl. “You were afraid of the dark too?” He nodded and she gave a sigh of relief. “TJ can I go play on the playground until daddy gets here?” He nodded and she darted off towards where the other kids could be heard screaming and playing. A while later TJ sat up on his elbows and his eyes locked onto his worst fear. He was sure to cut his thoughts off and his eyes darted around breath hitching. “fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.” He murdered quickly picking up the few items on the ground and running into the trees before he could be noticed by Ronnie.

*~~~~~~~~~ Leila’s POV ~~~~~~~~~*

I walked over to the playground to go swing as I always did at the park, but something caught my attention, and that of mom. I know she’s not really living but she sends me messages through her locket and guides me. I drifted into the woods, following the noise of an acoustic guitar into a little clearing. I smiled and giggled from behind a tree watching the guy with blond and black longish hair strum away. He looked up and I hid behind a tree. “Who’s there?” His voice was rich, almost deep. I peeked out waving and he smiled his face light up. He looked a little bit like a girl but he was so pretty and mommy always told me pretty people will never hurt you. “Hi what’s your name?” He asked waving me over and patted the grass next to him. I skipped over and plopped down and shook his hand. “I’m Leila.” He smiled again and I could feel his calloused fingers, they reminded me of daddy’s.

“It’s nice to meet you Leila I’m Monte, how did you find me?” I pointed at the white guitar on his lap. “I heard you playing it, it was pretty, and it sounded like the lullaby my mommy sang to me before she died.” I rubbed the locket and it warmed up like she was petting my hand. “Awh I’m sorry to hear that.” He flipped his bangs back. “Would you play it for me?” I asked smiling and he nodded and picked away at the strings. I could hear momma’s voice singing and I sang along to her and saw him smile. “To where the butterflies go watching the wind and snow a place for the children to go…” He picked up singing an octave lower than me, and I stopped. He looked at me with concearn. “What’s wrong?” he asked and I shook my head. “How do you know the words to my momma’s song?”

He chuckled, “I don’t know, but this was a song I was taught by my maaa….Friend’s” he corrected himself, “Max’s sister, when I was little. She died several years ago too; it’s been hard without her.” I nodded and petted his hand. “Maybe my momma and your friend’s sister were friends and taught each other!” I beamed and he laughed “maybe.”

*~~~~~~~~~ TJ’s POV ~~~~~~~~~*

“Shit where did Leila go?” TJ asked himself frantically searching near the swings for the missing child. “Craig is going to kill meeee” He whined. “Why am I going to kill you?” Craig asked after having stood behind TJ for a few seconds without TJ noticing. He screamed and jumped. “I uhh…” TJ hung his head. “I let Leila go play and I just came to check on her and I can’t find her and you know who is hre!” TJ hissed getting more frantic. Craig growled at TJ “You lost my fucking daughter!” TJ waved his hand for Craig to lower his voice and whined “Please Craig she couldn’t have gotten far just please don’t make a scene.” Craig sighed hard and then a light voice was carried through the wind to him. “Follow me…I hear her singing” Craig motioned and TJ nodded following Craig into a wooded area.

It was far enough away TJ relaxed not having to worry about Ronnie any more. The child’s voice got louder and louder as they approached the clearing where she sat, but something unsettled both of them, and it was the fact a male’s voice could be heard with hers, singing and laughing in time with hers. Their speed picked up and Craig fell face first into the clearing Scaring the two of them, instinctively sending Monte into a protective state over the girl until she yelled “Daddy and ran over to hug him. “Leila what are you doing in the woods, you know the rules.” She sighed. “Sorry daddy, but he was playing momma’s song, and I thought for a second… She trailed off and TJ placed his hand on Craig’s shoulder knowing it had been very hard losing her on the pair, and not that he knew more of the story TJ knew they strange boy was one of them, yet different somehow.

“Demon, stay away from my daughter.” Craig spat and Monte looked offended and Leila protested. “Daddy his name is Monte and he’s really nice, he made me smile” Craig petted his daughter’s hair. “Fine then, Monte, Stay away from my daughter I want nothing to do with your kind.” Monte stood up placing the guitar on his back. “I am not a full demon; I am part wood sprite thank you very much.” He scoffed tossing his bangs back again. “Either way, stay away from her.” TJ watched nervously as they exchange got more and more heated, to the point TJ was so distracted he didn’t notice the foot falls behind him.

“Ah Montecello there you are Maxwell will be expecting us home soon.” TJ jumped clear into Craig’s arms as the voice filled his ears with a scream. “It seems you found my favorite snack.” Ronnie winked at TJ and pulled him out of Craig’s shocked arms. “I might just take you home with me. TJ tried to fight him off with no use and found Ronnie kissing his neck softly. TJ tried to push him away and Ronnie growled. “Stop fighting me!” Ronnie commanded and TJ fell paralyzed and Craig took a sharp breath knowing this was bad if Ronnie could control him like that. Leila looked at TJ, “TJ it’s ok he’s pretty and mommy told me no matter what never fear pretty people they won’t hurt you.” Craig’s eyes shot to his daughter and he recalled his wife saying the same thing and had a feeling she is the one that was somehow plucking fate’s strings.

“Come Monte, we are taking my pet and going now.” Craig tried to protest and strike at Ronnie but before he could the three vanished and he punched a tree. “Fuck TJ, please stay strong, don’t let him win.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Extra long for my you all please nejoy and we will try to update again soon!