Status: Press pause.

Forget Me Not: Remembering Sunday

Who are you, who am I?

The first thing I noticed was the throbbing in my head, the searing pain originating from the back of my skull. Then I felt the ache in my back and my butt; I felt like I had gotten hit by a bus. Multiple times. "What happened?" I thought, groaning quietly. I opened my eyes and squinted against the bright white light, taking in the whate walls, TV suspended from the ceiling and beeping monitors to my left and right. "Where am I?" I mused internally, fear clutching my heart that was rapidly beating faster and faster. Then I finally noticed the pressure on my left hand and looked down.
I jerked back in terror, feeling my aching brain rattle roughly inside my head. There was some random kid grasping my hand, he had crazy black and yellow hair that was sticking out in every direction, a big crooked nose and his head was rested on the side of my bed as he slumped forward in a chair and slept. I ripped my hand from his grip and attmepted to scoot back further in the bed, but the movement made me dizzy and the wires attached to my chest and tubes in my arms tugged and made it hard to move more then a few painful inches anywhere.
The movement disturbed the kid though and he groaned and sat up, rubbing his face, then looking at me. He made eye contact for a second and I barely registered that he seemd vaguely familiar before he was shouting, "ALEX!!!" The sleep was totally gone from his eyes and it was replaced with crazy excitement. "OH MY GOD! THANK GOD YOU'RE AWAKE ALEX!!!" He gushwed, grabbing me in a hug. I let out a pained yelp and did my best to shove this enthusiastic lunatic away.
"Who the fuck are you?! Why are you here?! Where am I?!" I demanded, pulling the blanket covering my legs close to my chest. I looked around wildly, wondering if I could make a dash to get out of this room and away from this weirdo. I spotted the emergency call button on the edge of my bed and hit it.
A look of confusion was written all over this kids face, his big eyebrows were furrowed in concern. "Well welcome to the clueless club." I thought. "What are you talking about Alex? It's me! Jack, Jackary, Jacko, Jack Hammer, The Great Jackini!" He babbled as I just looked at him like e was insane. Maybe he was, how would I know? Tears started forming in my eyes. How did I even end up here... where ever "here" even is? I looked at the tall kid who was waving his arms animatedly as a doctor and two nurses rushed in. "I don't know any Alex." I told him. "I don't know you."
He looked even more confused and slightly offronted, but then he was shoved out of the room and I was bombarded with questions I couldn't answer. My head was throbbing and I eventually shouted, "STOP!"
The doctor and nurses fell into a shocked silence. "Look," I continued, tears once again threatening to spill from my eyes but I blinked them away. "Before I can answer your questions, you're going to have to answer mine. Who-" An involuntary sob ripped from my throat, "Who am I?"
The doctor and nurses exchanged looks and excused themselves for a moment, going out into the hall. I dropped my head back onto my pillow, attempting to brush the tears away but they just kept coming.
I was scared.
All I wanted was answers that no one seemed in the mood to answer, I wanted to stop hurting, the pain was making my blank mind even fuzzier. I wanted a mirror because I didn't even know what I looked like. I wanted someone to tell me my name and how I got here.
The tears started coming faster and I buried my face in the pillow, sobbing. A few moments later I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and a soft, "Hey sweetie." I jumped violently and turned to head to squint through my wet eyelashes at a pretty girl with dark brown curls and kind twinkling eyes, dressed in light pink scrubs with a name tag reading, "ANNA :)" "Can I talk to you for a minute?" The nurse asked me, still in the same soft tone. I nodded and sniffled, pulling the blanket up to my chin and curling into a ball, wincing as the IV's in my arms tugged painfully. "Can you tell me everything you remember?" More tears sprung to my eyes as I shook my head, "Nothing." Worry and pity flashed through her eyes as she looked at me, "Okay hun, well for starters, your name is Alexander William Gaskarth and you hit your head on an amp when you fell on stage. You were performing with your band when you had your accident."
I sat for a moment, processing, my thoughts stirring, but I recalled nothing. My name seemed familiar but that was it. I nodded for the nurse to go on. "You're currently in the hospital, you have a severe concussion and obviously some memory loss..." She pasued, smoothing down my blanket. "You see Alex, you hit your head very har and we're not sure... We're not sure when your memory will come back... if at all." She continued. My heart plummetted to the bottom of my stomach and my throat tightened. I couldn't breathe for a moment, it was like a giant had ahold of me and was squeezing my chest. So this was it. I was in a city whose name I didn't know, I couldn't recognize my own name and I was never going to remember anything. I was going to be stumbling around in the dark, wondering, for the rest of my life.
Then I broke down completely, it was too much for me to handle. I was sobbing uncontrollably. Nurse Anna was quick to take me into her arms and I was openly weeping onto her shoulder while she murmurred quiet reassurances in my ear.
Eventually my crying subsided and I felt sort of embarrassed for acting like such a baby. I was just so SCARED. How could I live my life not knowing who I am?
Nurse Anna stood up from her kneeling position next to my bed as I let her go and she said, "Okay Alex, there are some people here who would like to see you, I'm going to let them in okay? It could help jog your memory and they won't take no for an answer. I nodded and sniffed, wiping my nose and eyes. "Okay." She offered me a sweet smile and went to leave. "Nurse Anna!" I called out before she was out the door. She turned to look at me questioningly and I smiled at her weakly, "Thank you, you've been an angel." The girl smiled once more and said, "It's my pleasure." Then she left.
The door remained closed for a few minutes and I began wondering if the nurse had forgetten to send the people in. No sooner had I thought this when the door swung open and four faces appeared, one above the other, around the edge of the door. On the bottom was a dark haired man with a lip ring, above was a boy with a buzz cut and a scruffy beard, next a blonde boy with a nose ring and the kid from before, the one with black and yellow hair, looked at me from the top.
"LEX!" Came the collective shouting and then they were all clammering into the room, tripping and falling all over each other in their haste.
I looked on with wide eyes as they buddled around my bed. I couldn't help feeling a bit frightened as they pushed closer and looked at me expectantly. They looked worried, especialy the kid with the skunk hair. "How are you>" He asked, his dep brown eyes anxious. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him for a long moment, before letting my eyes trail to the others, asking, "Who are you people?"
♠ ♠ ♠
ALOHA! How is everybody todayyyy? I'm awesome albeit a little bit cold cuz it's raining. A PERFECT DAY TO UPDATE FANFICS! So there ya have it, a new chapter :)
Hope you like it and I would very much like it if you commented, they really make my day and make me want to update more and faster!! I always comment on the fics I read, pwetty pwease follow my example?? I even be all nice and put comment prompt questions that no one answers!! I don't want to beg but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??????????? I LOVE YOU ALL!
Comment prompt: DO you have a plan for the zombie apocalypse? I'm goin' to Sam's Club.
OH AND PS! I FINALLY UPDATED MY OTHER FIC (cowritten with the lovely
dontPanic!itsadisco) "TWO PLUS TWO EQUALS ONE" SO IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU READ THAT ONE AND COMMENTED ON THAT TOOOOOO!!!!
xoxoHannah