The Children of the Moon

One

The Past


The house was dead silent; no creatures of the night made a sound, not even the creatures of the day. Tonight was different from the other nights and they feel it; they are the creatures of the Moon. Protectors of mankind, their souls are morphed into two beings, one is human while the other animalistic. They are there for the humans, there for their protection against the Succubus and other Incubus creatures.

They waited for the right time to conquer; one night will seal their fate and one night to remake their generation of Moon walkers. The Quileute Tribe also known as the Children of the Moon, have protected their mankind and their offsprings from Succubus for many years, but this night only one will survive this, only one is really a true Quileute---Child of the Moon. They may have children but truly the sole survivor is the true Moon walker.

Footsteps were heard, breaking the silence of the house; it then filled with murdered screams of children. The Moon turned red; angry that the Succubus and other Incubus creatures dared to hurt her children. With one last will, the Moon sends a savior to her children---the Moon Goddess. She protected the Moon walkers from their fate and fend off the Incubus and Succubus but in order to protect her mother’s children and her siblings, she had to give up her life for the sins they have done and to some they will make in late future.

She had killed every Incubus creature but failed to kill the Succubus; they now roam freely but a certain Succubus family made a treaty with the Moon’s children; they will not hunt humans nor will they hunt on their grounds. This treaty was between The Leader of the Quileute Tribe and the Succubus leader. It was said that the Quileute Tribe had descended from wolves; the first ever tribe to morph into a wolf.

After many years of the appearance of the Moon Goddess, the Quileute tribe lived in peace and carefree. That is till one day; a new Succubus family had risen and claimed to be the leaders of all Succubus and made laws for them. The Quileute tribe despise of this creatures only surfaced more when they attacked their own home and killed their mates. One of the many legends was said the Luna of the Quileute tribe had sacrifice herself by cutting open her wrist; distracting the Succubus. After getting it distracted the Alpha of the Quileute tribe attacked the Succubus and killed it.

The Alpha and Luna of the tribe began having their family started by having three pups of their own. Soon his Beta, Delta, Warrior and Omega began to have pups with their own mates; thus recreating the Quileute Tribe back to its fullest and prideful years again.

Not long, newer generations of the Quileute tribe rose and took over the older generations, but simply still kept that treaty between the Succubus family.

A couple, Levi Uley and Ellen Longtree finally mated and conceived their first child. As years passed, one of Levi’s grandchildren had finally found his mate and was proud to be called “A Father”. Sam Uley was born into the Quileute tribe now it’s just the waiting game of his transformation.


The Other Past


The home was filled laughter, and singing; they are joyous for once in the life time, they had a new baby coming into the family. They knew what the baby will bring to this world; it was either peace and love or chaos and hatred. They are the protectors of all mankind and mythical creatures created by the Sun and Moon. The Sun’s heat and anger created the Succubus, Incubus, Hellion, Imps, and the Sun walkers, also known as the Dina Tribe---Children of the Sun.

The Moon’s cool and calmness created the Unicorns, Winter Fairies, Angels, Pegasus, Gnomes and the Luna Soul-Shifter---Goddess of the Moon. The Dina tribe morphs into foxes being more sneaker than any animal. They are plain devilish and hunt down the Soul-Shifters as meals. The Luna Soul-Shifter – Lummi Tribe – had a treaty with the Dina Tribes and quickly became friends if not lovers.

In the Dina Tribe’s legends said that the Moon and the Sun are brother and sister, Sun being the sister while the Moon the brother. Many nights the Moon will be away from the Sun but the day they meet, they meet in the dark where the Sun cannot see the Moon’s face. Till one day the Sun decided to know who he was and gathered ashes in her hands; without warning she “felt sorry” for the Moon being cold as she grabbed his face.

The next night when the Moon came up in the sky his face was covered with spots, and then his sister knew he was the one who had been coming to see her. He was so much ashamed to have her know it that he kept as far away as he could at the other end of the sky all the night. Ever since he tries to keep a long way behind the Sun, and when he does sometimes have to come near her in the west he makes himself as thin as a ribbon so that he can hardly be seen.

In the Lummi tribe it was said that the Moon is a ball that had been thrown into the sky in a game long time ago. They say that two towns were playing against each other, but one of them had the best runners and had almost won the game, when the leader of the other side picked up the ball with his hand--a thing that is not allowed in the game--and tried to throw it to the goal, but it struck against the solid sky vault and was fastened there, to remind players never to cheat. When the moon looks small and pale it is because someone has handled the ball unfairly, and for this reason they formerly played only at the time of a full moon.

Being Lummi and Dina, are to have high expectations all because they are the Sons and Daughters of the Sun and Moon. And both are immortals.


The Future


In a quick swift movement, a figure sat up after hearing small pair, padded footsteps nearing the bedroom door. “Ssh,” someone whispered behind the door. The figure vanished into the night shadows that covered the room and waited for the intruder to burst in. “Are you sure she’s asleep? You know she’s special with that sensitive hearing of her’s. She could probably already hear us,” a masculine voice whispered. “That’s because you’re talking, idiot,” another masculine voice said. “But Jabari, she’s the---,” “Ssh, Jafari! You’re going to get us caught,” the first voice – Jabari – hissed.

The figure shook its head and quietly walked towards the door and swung it open; it revealed two boys – tall, lean-built, short, brown hair, dark eyes, and ivory skin – crouched down, frozen in place. They slowly tilted their heads up to see a women – tall, ivory skin, brown hair past her shoulders, pink lips, high cheekbones, and dark brown eyes – looking amused at the two boys on the ground. “What are you two doing?” Her voice was silk. The two boys nervously chuckled and stood up; they stood three inches shorter than the women, “Waking you up,” the boy on the right said.

The women chuckled, “By whispering to your brother loudly?” She raised an eye brow at them. The second boy slapped his brother behind the head, “I told you she was awake,” he hissed lowly. The women looked bemused at the two boys angrily arguing, “Jabari, Jafari,” the women called. The two boys snapped their heads towards her, “Get ready, you only have one hour before school starts,” she said. The boy on the right smirked and crossed his arms, “What about you, my dearest sister, Kamaria?” he asked. “Well, my dearest brother, Jabari, I have work at the pharmacy,” The women – Kamaria – smirked when her’s brother’s smirk fell into a frown.

“No fair! You already graduated!” He shouted. Kamaria chuckled and ruffled his hair, “Yep, now go get ready, oh Jafari,” Kamaria turned to look at her other brother. “Keep him out of trouble at school,” she sighed heavily while Jafari chuckled lowly. “Will do,” he mocked saluted. Kamaria shook her head and walked back into her room; “Now it’s time for me to get ready,” She mumbled. Kamaria walked into her closet and pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans, a green V-neck shirt, undergarments, and her black converse.

After getting dressed Kamaria made her way down stairs and made breakfast for her and her brothers, “Jabari, Jafari, breakfast,” She murmured lowly highly sure her brothers will hear her. Her theory was true when she head heavy footsteps running down the stairs and towards the galley. “Sweet my favorite meal of the day is served!” Jabari shouted in pure joy. Kamaria chuckled and placed three plates in front of him. “Thanks sis,” he said and quickly devoured his three plates. Jafari ate more calmly than his brother and only ate about two plates, one plate short than his brother, “Are you taking us to school?” Jafari asked.

Kamaria nodded her head and quickly ate her two plates as well, “Of course now come on!” She said and grabbed the keys to her car. Jabari and Jafari followed their sister towards her car and got in, “What school are we going again?” Jabari asked his brother in a small whisper. Jafari rolled his eyes at him, “Idiot, we are going to Quileute High, you know that school up in the Reservation,” Jafari shook his head. Jabari gave him a confused look, “Yep, father’s old friend runs the school and he was gladly to have you two attending Quileute High,” his sister said after stepping into the car.

Jabari nodded his head, “So this Reservation, is it for rich people or something?” Jabari asked. Jafari and Kamaria shook their heads, “Not at all, it’s where the Native Americans lived for a long time ago, and their children’s children lives there still, so they named it Reservations because it belongs to them,” Kamaria said.

“Oh.”

“Quileute High School, watch out for the troublesome Jabari!”

“Shut up! It’s too early to shout!”

‘Oh boy, here we go again,’ Kamaria thought with a roll of her eyes and stepped on the gas when the light turned green. Once Kamaria arrived she saw the schools’ parking lot filled with teens her age and her brothers’ age. She turned to face her brothers, “You two behave, Jabari,” she warned. “Yes mother,” Jabari mocked with a roll of his eyes. Kamaria smiled, “Nah, I’m too young to be your mother, I’m after all your older sister,” she smirked. “By a year,” Jabari protested. “Still older than us, she already graduated Jabari,” Jafari sighed heavily.

Jabari sat back into the seat and pouted crossing his arms over his chest, “Yeah, well, who cares,” he grumbled. “Apparently you do,” Jafari snickered. Jabari glared at his brother, “Listen guys, just behave in school,” Kamaria said with a heavy sigh. “Will do sister,” Jafari smiled at her. Not far from the car, there was a group of men watching the car with tinted windows. “Who do you think it is?” the younger man asked. “Don’t know, but I like the car,” the muscular one said causing the group to nod his head. “Bye sis,” Jafari said and stepped out of the car.

Jabari was after him, “Later Kama,” he said. “Later boys,” Kamaria said as she put her car in drive and drove off. Jabari turned around and face his brother, “Well,” he paused as he swung his arm over his brother’s shoulder, “Let’s get going, baby bro,” he grin. Jafari scuffed and punch his brother on his shoulder “Kidding, ouch man,” Jabari whined. Jafari now grinned and walked towards the office. Leaving his brother behind, “Come on, dufus, you’re lagging behind,” Jafari said. The group of men stared at the youngest of them when they notice he was silent, “Yo, Bryant,” they called him.

He snapped out of it and stared at his friends with knowing looks, “Dude,” he said. The muscular one laughed, “Haha---you---haha-,” he trailed off laughing to the ground. Another one, tall and also built, shook his head at him, “Don’t listen to Paul, Bryant, we are happy you found you’re mate,” he smiled at him. “BUT MY MATE IS A DUDE!!” Bryant shouted freaked. The man shrug his shoulders, “He was chosen to be your mate Bryant, the Moon Goddess chose him for you,” He said. Bryant sighs heavily and another man came up to him, “Hey don’t worry Bryant, you got us here to support you, even Paul---though he laughed at you,” he said.

Bryant shook his head, “Thanks Sal, thanks you too Jace,” Bryant said. The tall one smiled, “No problem Bryant-y boy! I’m here for you! Just give me a Call,” he joked. Bryant laughed at his lame joke, “I don’t get it,” the muscular one – Paul – said. Bryant stopped laughed, “It’s because his last name is Call, so I just give him a “Call”,” Bryant explained. “See even Bryant-y here got the joke,” the tall one – Jace – pouted.
Jabari and Jafari had gotten their tablets and locker numbers, “What class do you have first?” Jabari asked his younger brother. “English III,” Jafari answered. “Sucks, I have Art II,” Jabari said with a shrug of his shoulders. Jafari paused in his tracks causing Jabari bump into him and drop all his books to the floor, “Dude what the hell, man?” Jabari asked and went to pick up his books. When he didn’t receive any answer Jabari’s head snapped to look at his brother only to see him looking straight ahead. He looked straight as well and saw a young boy, with short black hair, nearly 6’0” standing in front of them with a small grin plastered on his face.
“Hey, I’m Bryant Buzzell, and you are?” Bryant asked his brother. Jabari saw the love-sick look he was giving his brother and made his blood boil, ‘Jafari isn’t ready Kamaria,’ Jabari thought. ‘What did I do?’ Kamaria’s voice echoed in his head. ‘He found his one’s promised,’ Jabari hissed back. ‘It is time, it always been timed when he first morphed,’ Kamaria said. “I’m Jabari Stones, and this is my younger brother Jafari, now if you excuse us, we are getting our tablets changed,” Jabari hissed at Bryant and grab his brother’s hand. “Let’s go,” Jabari said and dragged his brother away from Bryant.

Bryant was gritting his teeth together in pure anger, ‘MINE!!’ his wolf growled. “Dude Bryant calmed down,” a voice snapped him out of it. He turned to look at his long-time friend, “Hey Leo, and I can’t I finally found my mate but the brother is in the way,” Bryant said leaving the importance of gender. Leo smiled brightly at him, “That’s great man! Who’s the lucky girl?” Leo asked. Paul---who was near---laughed, “Shut up Paul!!” Bryant braked at him. Leo was now confused and Jace shook his head at Paul, “What are we going to do with you?” Jace asked Paul.

“What the hell?” Jafari mumbled to himself. “One’s promised, you found one’s promised,” Jabari murmured. Jafari stared at his brother in pure shock, “A DUDE?!” he shouted. Jabari nodded his head, “Oh hell no, I’m not gay!” Jafari protested. “It’s settled dude, not even Kamaria can help you out this time,” Jabari mumbled softly. Jafari growled, “I will not allow this,” He said and walked towards the office. “Call Kamaria, tell her we are not alone, for I, had smell Children of the Moon’s blood running through their veins,” Jafari said causing his brother to roll his eyes.

“You really got to stop talking like that,” Jabari said and took out his cellphone. “Hello?” Kamaria’s voice rung through the other line, “We are not alone,” Jabari said. Silence was soon greeted on his line, he pulled his cell away to check if he’s still talking to her, “On my way,” he heard. “WAIT! No don’t come, we can handle it here. They don’t know what we are yet, plus we are going to change our classes to have them together,” Jabari replied hurriedly. Kamaria’s sigh was heard, “Fine be safe Jabari, and tell Jafari it was time to meet his one’s promised and to not let him go, because they will fight and get what is theirs,” Kamaria’s voice warned Jabari.
“Yes, sister,” Jabari replied and hung up. “Let’s go,” Jafari huffed and dragged his brother back towards the office. “We demanded to have our classes together,” Jafari said with authority in his voice causing Jabari to flinch. Even if he’s older Jafari was the leader between them two, but the real leader is their beloved sister. The lady nodded her head and quickly changed their classes and handed them their new tablets, “Enjoy your year,” she murmured. “Let’s go,” Jafari said and led his older brother to their class.

“You two must be our new students,” A voice said. Jafari turned his head to stare at a girl with bleached blond hair, grey eyes, average body, pale skin and red lips. Both brothers nodded their heads, “I’m Jill Smith,” She said. Jabari smiled at her along with his brother, “We are Jabari and Jafari Stones,” Jabari said. “Cool names, you two twins sure do look alike,” Jill said. “Thanks,” both Stones brothers said. Jafari kept staring at her and his brother had to elbow him in the ribs. “Sorry,” Jafari mumbled. Jill smiled at Jafari with a slight blush; “Are you three going to get in or just stand there?” A voice snapped at them. Jafari knew that voice and glared at Bryant but then smirk, “I wouldn’t know,” He shrugs and walks in with Jill and Jabari following after him.

Jafari sis in the back with his brother when he saw Jill going to sit the middle, “Hey, Jill, do you want to sit with us?” Jafari asked worriedly. Jill smiled brightly at him and nodded her head “Of course,” she said and quickly gathered her things and walked towards Jafari and Jabari. Bryant was gritting his teeth in pure jealousy and hatred towards Jill, ‘He’s mine get away from him,’ Bryant thought angrily. He started to shake when a hand fell upon his shoulder, “Go,” Leo whispered in his ear. Bryant stood up from his seat and left; Leo sighs and looks towards the table where Bryant was glaring at, ‘This is going to be a long year,’ he thinks to himself.