Status: Progressing

Forbidden Love

Chapter One

My head ached. A furious pounding in the back of it refused to let up. It pounded so much that all thoughts were irrational.

As I rose to my feet, I felt drunk, stumbling around. My legs felt disconnected, causing me to fall to my knees on the cold...ground.

Wait, what?

My eyes widened as I took in my surroundings. Underneath my legs was a patch of dirt and surrounding it was bright green grass. Small dandelions poked up every few feet. Some were the seeds while others were a bright yellow color.

Where am I?

There were no trees near me, but as I glanced behind my body, I saw what would be considered a forest. Hundreds of trees, some still with buds and others with bright green leaves, lied in that forest.

Confusion seemed to allow my legs to gain feeling again and I was able to rise to my feet. Up ahead rested a railing and curiosity got the better of me as I found myself walking toward the long, rusty metal thing.

It metal was cold on my bare hands. A startled gasp left my lips once I looked over the railing. Down below the edge of the cliff was a raging waterfall that dropped a few hundred feet into a rocky river. Sharp, jagged rocks rested right under the waterfall's stream.

"Wow," I whispered, leaning further over the railing to get a better look at what lay below. How had I not heard this before?

A loud snap echoed through the area and I felt the railing give away. I scrambled to move away, but it was too late; my body was being pulled forward. My scream was cut short as a hand grabbed my upper arm, wrenching me away from my almost-accident.

I turned, opening my mouth to say thank you, only to have my voice get stuck in my throat. Bright, angry blue eyes stared at me. This boy, no. This man was angry at me.

And this man was gorgeous. Absolutely take-your-breath-away gorgeous. My heart seemed to stop for a moment.

Black locks of hair fell over his gorgeous eyes and he brushed them away. His hair came to rest right at his chin; it framed his face perfectly. My eyes moved down his body, which was muscled perfectly.

A washboard of muscles rested on his stomach, showing through his tight black T-shirt. Blue jeans hung low on his hips and his shirt rode up, showing a sliver of skin, as he crossed well-built arms over his chest.

My eyes snapped back to his face, my own flushing once I noticed the you're busted smirk on his perfect lips. I couldn't speak; my voice was caught, stuck in my throat. I took a cautious step away from him, my back hitting the railing that had not yet fallen.

His eyes went wide as another snap was heard. The railing gave way, my body being thrown backwards. My hand reached out as he launched forward, moving to grab ahold of my hand. Our fingers brushed, sending a shock through my arm that had me jerking back in shock.

"No!" he yelled, not being able to save me in time.

I screamed, falling toward my death. As I got closer to the water, I stopped mid-air, arms wrapping around my body. They held me in the air, only putting me down when we reached the ground.

I whirled around to face my savior, ready to demand that he tell me what he is, only to have my voice caught in my throat.

Behind his body were large black feathered wings. They stretched at least seven feet and almost touched the ground at the ends.

My eyes snapped to his, my mouth opening and closing like a fish. He seemed amused like this. "What...who..." I couldn't form a coherent sentence and he sighed.

"Come with me," he said, voice louder than the waterfall. His voice sent a shiver through my body; it was so deep and melodic. So beautiful.

"N-No," I said, startling him at my resistance. "How do I know you're not going to kill me?"

His eyes narrowed, clearly saying, "Are you kidding me?"

I sighed, feeling horribly stupid and decided to follow him. after all, if he were going to kill me, he would have let me fall to my death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter. c: