Status: Progressing

Forbidden Love

Chapter Four

At 1:51 A.M., I knew that sleep would be impossible. After all, who could possibly get to sleep when they had just saw a dead guy outside of their window? Well, Nicholas didn't seem to have trouble, but I assumed that he saw that sort of crap often. At 2:00, Nicholas walked in to say he'd disposed of the body. Obviously he wasn't asleep like I had originally presumed. My voice caught in my throat as I started at him. Not that I had a voice in the first place. Honestly, if I were to start talking, I'd probably make an ass of myself if I started crying, but who knows? Maybe he'd feel sympathy or even empathy.

Heavy, dark bags rested under his eyes, making him look extremely tired. Hair stuck up all around his face, his bangs coming to rest right above his eyes. The clothes he wore were tousled and messy, the shirt he wore rising up to show his hard, muscled stomach.

Red tinted my cheeks as I was caught staring. Again, might I add.

"Just say it and get it over with," he muttered, lifting a hand to brush back his soft looking hair. I wanted to touch it. Instead, I gave a confused look. "You think I'm good looking."

"Oh, aren't we the arrogant one?" I replied, ignoring his question and the blush on my cheeks.

"Trying to change the subject, are you? Too bad. Admit it, Faith." His eyes narrowed and I squirmed under his intense stare.

"What makes you think I like your body?" I snapped, still avoiding the question.

"Answering a question with a question. Ah, Faith, you really want me to answer that question, because I don't think you do." By this time he had moved and was now standing directly in front of me. Our gazes clashed, having a silent battle with each other.

"Yeah, I do," I finally replied, feeling over-confident.

The smirk that appeared on his lips made me slightly nervous. "Whenever you're around me, you blush. Don't deny it, either. You get so flustered it's comical."

My face went hot, Nicholas laughing at me. "Shut up," I snapped.

"Just admit it already." Patience was no longer present. The mood was set, tension filling the silence. Gazes continued clashing against each other.

"Fine, okay?" My eyes widened. "I think you're fucking hot."

The smirk on his lips rose questions in my mind. It was as if I had said more than hot. IN his ears, I probably said that he was the most attractive, captivating male on the planet.

It was ridiculous how much an ego spiked at one simple word. Men were ludicrous. Absolutely, positively absurd. Why, oh why did they all have to be arrogant? Why not just charming and sweet? It was mind-blowing, really.

"You act as if I blew your ego up twice as much. I called you hot, not sexy. Want to know the meaning of hot? It means very high in temperature."

"Want to know what else it means, Faith?" If possible, his words became sensual, running along my body, causing a shiver. "It means spicy to taste, passionate. It even means lustful." His eyes twinkled. "Is that what you see, Faith?" My name was like a caress on his lips.

Words caught in my throat. The blush on my face became deeper, the temperature rising as if it were a pan on a stove burner. Before I could respond, Nicholas laughed, saying, "I'm only kidding. Relax." And then he left.

In my peripheral, I noticed numbers change. Now glancing fully at the clock near Nicholas's bed, I grimaced at the time. 2:30 A.M.

Oh, come on! I sleep really this impossible? I moved to rise from the bed, only something was wrong. My body felt unnaturally heavy. My arms were glued to my side, legs had ton weights on them. I tried calling out to Nicholas, but my tongue refused to move.

Nicholas! Nicholas, help me! Help me, please. You're my guardian, so help me! Nicho-- My mind went blank. All around me, things appeared to move. The walls were shrinking, closing me in. Colors swirled, my mind becoming dizzy. At that moment, I found use of my lungs and let out a murderous scream. Heart rate picked up, slamming against my chest, trying to force its way out. My screaming kept up until, finally, darkness overtook my mind. My body slumped, dropping to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's short. I developed a case of writers' block. Oh well. I'll make a better chapter next time. Enjoy!