Status: Updates will come quicker with feedback!

Deep Sighs, Unspoken Lies & Smoking Thighs!

Butterflies

My earphones, where the f*@k are my earphones?? Damn, first day at my new job and of course I'm late! I swear to god, it's an illness! After a good ten minutes of tearing through half opened boxes and tripping over wires I was finally out the door, earphones in hand. As I connected my earphones to my ipod and decided it was a 'Matchbox Twenty' kind of day I made my way onto the subway. I had absolutely no idea where I was going, I knew nothing about this city, nothing except the beautiful movie scenes that took place here. The scenes I had watched for so many years promising myself I would make it here one day. And here I was, standing in a cramped busy New York city subway. I had only been in New York for roughly twelve hours now and the jetlag had definitely kicked in. Damn it, my first day in my new job and I'm late, looking rough and probably going to say the wrong thing or break something. As I began thinking about the day ahead my head began to spin and my palms became sweaty and sticky. What was I thinking? I wasn't a city girl, I was a country girl through and through! I grew up in a small Irish town with no more than 500 residents!

Ok, so here's my bio for those of you interested. My name is Aibhóinn O'Callaghan. I'm twenty years old from a small town called Dingle in County Cork, Ireland. Until two months ago I was attending college studying music management and production. One night I was just scrolling through google doing research for an assignment when I ended up on an application form to be an intern for 'Hopeless Records'. I remember filling the form in not giving the process a second thought, I mean it was unlikely I'd ever get chosen, right? Wrong. Here I am twenty minutes late getting off the subway in New York trampling through busy streets to get to the label for my first day as an intern! As I spotted the building just across the road I breathed out a sigh of relief, at least the building hadn't been hard to find so that'll save me from being an extra twenty minutes late! I raced through the revolving doors and crashed straight into the elevator pressing '8' not even noticing the odd looks everybody was shooting me. As the elevator stopped and 'dinged' on the eighth floor I breathed one more sigh before nervously approaching what looked like the 'help desk'. A mean looking blonde sat behind the desk flirtatiously smiling at every guy in a suit that walked past. Everything about this girl screamed 'fake'. Rolling my eye's slightly I made my way over to the desk.
"Hey I'm Aibh-"
"-LATE" the blonde cut me off in a bitchy tone and her eyes cutting daggers through me. She then began to look me up and down, making me feel extremely uncomfortable. She turned her nose up at my converse, my skinny's and my plain maroon zip-up hoodie. Damn girl, what is your problem? We can't all look like we've stepped out of a Britney video at 6:30am! Rolling my eyes again, I was just about to ask where I had to go when a black haired guy appeared intently staring at his iPhone.
"Hey Annabelle, has our new PA arrived yet?" he asked without looking at the blonde.
"Yeah, the one over there that took 'casual dress code' a bit too literally" the bitch, I mean, blonde, behind the counter stated gesturing towards me smirking and sticking her boobs out at the black haired guy.
"Oh give over, you groupie wannabe and go fix your mascara or something! Being a bitch may get other guys into bed but you should know by now me and the guys don't do fake" the black haired guy replied fixing his glasses that seemed as though they were going to fall off. Taken aback I looked at the guy wide-eyed, it was rare seeing a guy talk to a girl like that, especially a girl like Annabelle, most guys would want to jump into bed with her and she looked as though she'd be just as up for it.
"I'm Mike Ferri, you must be-...sorry I don't actually know how to pronounce your name!" he laughed. Smiling at him and following along beside him as we started to walk up an unfamiliar corridor we fell into easy conversation.
"Eve-een" I explained laughing a little, no one could ever pronounce it at first.
"Cool name, I was reading it as 'Abe-oin'" Mike said laughing at himself.
"Yeah, most people do!" I smiled.
"So your accent tells me you're from Ireland?" he half questioned.
"Yup, born and raised!" I chimed.
"Awesome! I've always wanted to go there! Hopefully someday soon we'll get to tour over there, and the rest of Europe!" he stated excitedly.
"Tour? So you're in a band?" I asked curious.
"Yeah, we ain't anything big yet, but I think we got potential!" he smiled proudly.
"Cool, what's your band called?" I asked.
"We Are The In Crowd" he replied smiling.
"Oh my god, seriously? You guys have some cracking tunes!" I blurted out excitedly.
"You've heard us?" he asked just as excitedly.
"Hell yeah! I have your EP 'Guaranteed to Disagree' on my iPod! See?" I asked showing him my iPod. His face lit up in a childish grin.
"AWESOME! We're known by the Irish!" he exclaimed "but hey, didn't you recognize me at all?" he asked looking at me curiously.
I went a little pink and hoped to god he wasn't offended that I had no idea who he was.
"No, I don't have a clue what any of you guys look like, I just know your music. In fact I think the only band I listen to that I would recognize if they walked past me are 'All Time Low'" I laughed. Mike laughed along as well.
"Alex fan girl?" he mocked.
"Hell no, band guys ain't my type, my best friend Ennie has convinced herself she's going to marry Zack" I laughed. Mike cracked up laughing as we reached the end of the corridor.
"Well this has been refreshing," Mike smiled "talking to a fan who has no idea who I am to freak out and fan girl over sure as hell made my day!".
"Happy to be off service" I smiled.
We walked into a small room with two couches and four figures intently staring at the tv playing 'Mario Cart'. They all looked round as Mike and I entered the room, looking around I noticed there were another three guys and a girl. One in particular grabbed my attention and I'm not sure if it was the cheeky grin on his face or his perfect messy hair that grabbed my attention but something in my stomach was having a seizure. For the first time in my life I experienced; Butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey to anyone reading this! Hope you guy's like it, if you do be sure to comment because I update quicker with feedback! Let me know your thought's please!
Love Clooo!
xxx