Fury

Fury

The raging waters fall heavily to the ground as the sky opens its dams. I stand there, out in the rain, letting the cool water soak through my clothes, seeping into my skin. My tears blend in with the rain. The perfect time to cry. I'm not sad. I swear it, I'm not. I'm pissed. Hell hath no fury, right? My fingers tighten their grip on the object in my left hand. She left. Just like that. That little bitch. Thinking she can do this. Destroy me beyond repair and get away with it.
I toss the black handled, silver hammer from hand to hand, as I walk through the muddy grass to her. To the person who ruined me. My anger grows the closer I get. The thunder cracks, the lighting flashes in the sky, lighting my surroundings. The dead decaying trees looming into the sky, waiting for that bolt of lighting to strike it down, or a gust of wind to make it topple. The grass is darkened by soupy puddles of muddy water. The gravel walkways vacant of other people. But there she is, standing there in all her glory, well whats left of her. I stop before her. Before the grey marble stone. 'Beloved Mother," Is carved into the marble in a delicate cursive script.
"Beloved mother my ass." I snarl as the thunder roars once more.
I bring the hand gripping the hefty hammer back and let it smash into the tombstone. A crater is left over her name, spiderweb cracks extending out from the impact point.
She ruined me! Killed everything I was, everything I could be!
I swing again. A large chunk of the marble falls to the ground, sinking into the mud, almost as if it were joining her. My mouth twitches into a crooked smile as I let the hammer lose again. Another chunk falls. Piece after piece, her tombstone crumbles, breaking apart as she once broke me.