‹ Prequel: Wild Girl
Status: Just started. Please comment

Addiction

Don't Go

"She's finally back in my life and I can't do shit. What if she gets back with that prick she left?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Chill. You were better without her," I stared at Dubz.

"No. I wasn't. I was miserable as fuck," I stared at my phone.

She sent me the picture of Hunter and her. She was kissing his cheek.

"I have a fucking six year old son! How am I supposed to react to this. I'm happy but I'm mad as hell. I threw Dakota away to be with whores. She gave me her virginity and I slapped her in the fucking face! Hell... I'm fucking shocked she came back here," I stood in the doorway.

I shut the door and walked my ass to her mom's house. It was cold. The night air was finally cold and I could feel it.

~

She was sitting on the steps of her mom's house. She had a blanket wrapped around her.

"Rumor has it it's cold out," she smiled.

"Yeah," I stared at her.

She was in grey sweats and my Lace Up shirt. She stood up and walked up to me.

"You look like a lost puppy. Come inside," she wrapped the fluffy blanket around my shoulders.

She opened the door and I was graced with pink walls. I grinned.

"Mom's idea," she walked over to her staircase.

"To my room," she motioned.

I followed her closely. She was jumping up the stairs practically. She opened her door and smiled.

"Hunter's with Grandma getting food for mommy," she laid down on her bed.

"I kind of yelled at my friends and left," I shrugged and sat down on the floor in front of her.

"Stop that!" she jerked me onto her bed.

I laid my head on her stomach. She made grunt and ran her fingers through my hair. I smiled and nuzzled her stomach tattoo.

"I saw you at SXSW too. I actually walked off by myself for a little and sat and thought about what happened," I watched her reactions.

"Yeah? I was fat. Hunter had just been born. I was so unhappy with myself. Then I met him... He's a douche though. No need to talk about it," I looked into her eyes.

They were a soft blue-green. They were pretty. I hadn't realized how long her hair had gotten. I was so used to her always spiking it and looking like a scene girl. She looked pretty. She had a light dust of freckles under her eyes.

She was truly beautiful. She was always so stunning, but I took advantage of that. She made poked my forehead and grinned.

"You're looking at me like I've got a spider on my face," she giggled.

"Naw. You don't have a spider," I rolled off her and sat up.

"Mommy!" the door flew open.

"God you're loud," she smiled at the boy.

"Hey! Grandma! Mommy's with a freaky dude in bed!" her grin twisted into one of pure irritation.

"Hunter Colson Martins!" she got up and picked him up.

"Mom! It's all good. He's a friend. A familiar face I ran into today and who wants to meet him," she pointed at Hunter and smiled at a small lady.

She gave me a small smile and gave Dakota a knowing look. I rolled my eyes and laid back. The six year old looked just like me. I smiled at him.

"Hey mom?" he poked her chest.

"Hunter, meet Colson Baker," she sat him down.

"The dude who's middle name I took," Hunter smiled.

"Hunter... I want you to meet your dad," Dakota watched him contently.

His eyes went wide. He looked at Dakota.

"He's Machine Gun Kelly though. When did this happened?" her eyes went guarded.

"So? We were friends before you were born. Mommy was kind of a bitch," she smiled proudly.

"I thought Jack was my dad because he always called himself that," she lost her happy glow.

"Hunter, go to grandma. Me and him need to chat. I'll tell you more later," she kissed his forehead and shipped him out of the room.

She just watched him leave. Then she shut the door and stared at me. I gave her a look and she just broke. She slid down the door and the tears poured. I'd never seen her look so miserable.

"Dakota?" I stood up.

She looked at me like a teenage who just got her heart ripped out.

"That prick is trying to take my son from me. Not my car," she clutched my jeans.

"Why? Hunter's not his," she cried harder.

"He was there when he was born. He happened to have thought it was his place to sign it when he knew you were Hunter's real father," I felt my weight become too much to handle and I fell to my knees.

I pulled her against me and let her cry. It was the first time I had ever seen her cry this hard.

~

I woke up the next morning with Dakota still death gripping my shirt. I felt her grip tighter when I tried to move.

"Don't go," she cracked her eyes.

"I've got to pee," I smiled.

She snuggled closer.

"I had a thing with Kenneth Nixon in my dream," she grinned.

"Not awkward at all," I kissed her nose.

She shot up and bolted out of the room.

"Jack's here," she clenched her fists and ran down the stairs.

I watched her fly down the stairs. She a shoe and held it tightly.

"Where's he at?" he smiled cockily at her.

"Who?" she gripped it tighter,

Her knuckles were pink and you could tell she was ready to hit him. I stood at the end of the stairs and watched her.

"My son," she looked up at me.

"You're not his fucking dad. He is. I don't give a flying fuck who the hell you think you are coming here on my property and starting shit. You are a fucking threat to my family and I suggest you back the fuck off before I stomp your ass," I walked past her and into the kitchen.

Her mom and Hunter were in there. Her mom had a phone and a bat. She handed it to me.

"What's up with him?" she was shaking.

"He shot Dakota," I snatched the bat and walked out there.

She threw the shoe and he grabbed a gun and pointed it at her. I stood in my tracks and watched her move slowly back. He grabbed her hair and jerked her to the floor.

"Now give me my son," I gripped the bat and swung.

I knocked the gun out of his hand, but it went off. I looked at Dakota. She was holding her shoulder and staring at me. I heard her mom call 911. My world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh.