From Hell Blooms Chaos

Chapter Two

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, my mind going crazy over the events of today. I was afraid to fall asleep. I was afraid to dream.

Blood trailed down his chest and stomach…

I groaned and rolled over. I wondered what would happen if Fix knew about my dream. Would I scare him away? Probably… He’d be scared of me… I groaned again and pressed my face into my pillow. Sleep, I told my body. Sleep and get it over with… But my mind was focused on Fix. His daring, hazel eyes and his intriguing smirk. His voice sent chills throughout my body.

But let me warn you, I am not a patient person.

I bit my lip. Neither am I. I imagined his skin being soft underneath his leather jacket and white T-shirt. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to feel him; taste him. I should have given him my address. He would have been here. I would have been able to touch him and taste him. I could see him—we would be lying together and touching each other…

A sound escaped my lips I couldn’t recognize as my hands slid down my body.

We could have been kissing and our clothes would disappear…

A hand slipped into my pants.

My knife was pressed into his skin—

A four letter word left my lips as I rolled onto my back, sprawling my arms out beside me. What is wrong with me?! Not only was I just --well, you know--about a guy I've only just met, but I was also trying to kill him--

No... Just let him bleed... Just a little--

"UGH!" I rolled over and buried my face into my pillow...

Suddenly, sleep consumed me in darkness. I was dreaming again, but it was different. I was six years old and my brother, Chris, was asleep in his bed across from mine. I saw a black figure standing over him, and in an instant, I knew something was wrong with Chris. He stopped breathing. I tried to scream, but nothing came out and sound was now lost to this high pitched noise. Was that me? Was that noise my scream? Suddenly, the dream went to the night of my parent’s murder. This time, I could see the eyes. Cold red and bloody eyes, allowing fear to crawl under my skin and start attacking my fast-beating heart. I continuously told myself I was dreaming, but it all seemed too real. I saw the figure raise his blade to me, threatening to thrust it into my chest, “Stop!” I screamed, awaking from that dreadful nightmare.

It was six-thirty in the morning when I looked over at my alarm clock. I sighed and hugged my knees, trying to keep my eyes open so sleep wouldn’t haunt me again. When it hit six-forty two, I got out of bed and went into the shower to, hopefully, wash the bad memories away.

As the nice hot water pulsed against my back and neck, I wondered why I continued living in this place. My brother was found in his bed across from mine dead when I was six. Doctors said he just stopped breathing and there was no sign of struggle or force, but I saw something that night. Maybe I was just crazy, but seeing another figure murder my parents twelve years later? Maybe I was mad... Maybe I was next...

I pulled on some boxers and clean work pants then walked down to the kitchen. When I turned the TV on, cartoons were playing on the screen. There wasn't much to eat, so I settled with a bit of toast with jelly. I sat on the couch and my mind wandered to Fix. Maybe I should try to get a phone, but where to get one? How much would I have to pay for it? It was bad enough to have to pay the house bill, and yet a strong urge to speak to him again overwhelmed me. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head, turning off the TV to finish getting ready for work.



When I got to work, it seemed pretty slow. Not many customers were here and everyone was in the back, chatting. There was my dream, prickling at the back of my mind, screaming to haunt my wake. I went to the bathroom, splashed water on my face and inhaled deeply. I must forget the past. I must. There was no point in dwelling on it. If I was next, maybe it was a good thing. Or what if he was trying to frame me? Stop. Forget it.

Twenty minutes into my shift, three customers came in and was seated in a different section. Suddenly, at table sixteen, I saw Fix. I tried my hardest not to stare, but he looked amazing. His hair was styled the way it was yesterday. After I helped a few tables with drinks and such, I walked over to Fix’s table.

“What can I get for you today?” I asked with a smile. He chuckled and smiled back at me, his lips looked soft and his eyes made me melt again. I liked this feeling; it was like...I was actually happy.

"The usual." He winked and handed the menu back to me. I felt my cheeks become a little warm as i turned away, Gina saw it from across the room and beamed at me. I stuck my tongue out at her and continued walking to the computer. After entering in his order, I glanced back to him and my heart leaped. He was smirking at me, his eyes exploring my body. He noticed I was staring back and tilted his head sideways in a gesture I took as "Come here." I bit my inner lip and started toward him. "Sit with me." He patted a spot on the table across from him. With a glance over my shoulder at Chelsea, who didn't seem to care, I sat down a little hesitant. "Aw, come on. Don't be shy. I don't bite..." I smiled and leaned on one elbow against the table.

"Aw, where's the fun in that?" I surprised myself with my flirty comeback, but didn't show it.

"Oh," He smiled, revealing sharp-looking canines. Something inside me shuddered and I had an urge to feel the bite underneath those pearly whites. "Now that's more like it." I blushed and bit my cheek. He lowered his voice. "Name a time and a place and I'll be glad to bite that fragile skin of yours." Butterflies seemed to burst inside my stomach and my face felt hot--his smirk wasn't helping.

"I--I, er... Have to get your food..." I stood a little too quick.

"That's not a no." Fix said, leaning back in his seat. I giggled.

Yes. I fucking giggled.

Embarrassed, I covered my mouth and hurried off toward the kitchen."You're looking mighty red tonight." Gina winked, bumping my hip with her own. "What happened?"

"I giggled." I told her, making a pouty-face. She laughed and shook her head, grabbing her order. I grabbed Fix's food and headed out there again, his eyes on me the whole time. I put down his food and he patted the same spot as before. Without hesitation, I sat. Fix started on his food and I felt a little awkward watching him eat, but I couldn't help it. He was beautiful even scarfing down food. He swallowed a bite of his sandwich and smiled.

"What?"

I blinked. "What, what?"

"You're smiling. You enjoy watching others eat?" He wiped his mouth with a napkin and took another bite.

"No, just you." My boldness was really surprising. He chuckled and nodded with his mouth full of food.

"I guess that's fair." He answered through half a bite. He swallowed again. "I enjoy watching you wait on people."

"Or just...watching me in general." I folded my arms and leaned against the table on them. Fix smirked and took another bite. "That's not a no." He chuckled, throwing his head back so he wouldn't lose the food in his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh.

Long after he'd finished and paid for his food, I was still sitting with him. There were a few times I had to leave for a little bit to wait on different tables, but Chelsea allowed me to sit with him after each one. I was just so...so attracted to this man. He was amazing in all kinds of ways, in which I couldn't even explain. It was most interested in the fact that he built his own motorcycle and his dad's car--well, more like modified his dad's car, but still. "So, do you fix up stuff for money? Or just for fun?" I asked after he'd finished his story about his dad's car.

"Both, really. I enjoy doing it and if I don't know who I'm helping, there's a price." He shrugged and glanced away for a moment. "When are you off?"

"Ten, why?" I looked over where he'd glanced. Gina, Chelsea, and some of the cooks were chatting in the back and the rest of the lobby was empty.

"You want a ride? Or do you have one?"

"Oh," The butterflies in my stomach fluttered. "On your motorcycle?"

"Scared?" His voice was low and--and sexy. My heart thudded.

"N-no. I would love a ride..." Again, my cheeks betrayed me in revealing a pink blush across my face. He smiled and pulled out a cell phone from his pocket. "Thirty minutes 'til."

"Okay... Let me do my side work and then...we'll go." I stood up and started toward the kitchen.

"I'll be here." He leaned back again as I left to finish everything. Gina and Chelsea constantly glanced in my direction and I could feel their eagerness of asking questions, but it seemed they didn't want to ask and I didn't want to tell. Fix was mine and I wasn't going to allow my coworkers to take him away--Gina was known to do that. So, I did my side work in silence, making the girls more and more curious over time. In all honesty, it was really amusing. The way they glanced in increasing intervals made me was to laugh, but I just smiled and continued what I was doing. "So...?" Gina slid over to me, finally giving in to temptation.

"So, what?" I teased and she frowned.

"You know what." She jerked her thumb toward the opening to the lobby. "Mr. Greaser, what's the deal?" I smiled, shrugged and walked away, finished with the rest of my stuff. She pouted as she watched me leave the back room. Fix was leaning against the wall close to the door, eyes on me (as if I expected any different) as I clocked out and neared him.

"Ready?"

"Mhm." I nodded and waved goodbye to Chelsea. I followed Fix out the door and he hopped onto his flat black motorcycle. He grabbed the black helmet that hung off one of his handlebars and held it out to me. I smiled and took it, fixing it onto my head. "What kind of bike is it?"

"It's my kind of bike." He smirked and started the engine, staring at me as he revved it up. I felt my cheeks burn and I knew he saw it. He jerked his head sideways and I threw my leg over the seat, my heart jolting at the sudden closeness of our bodies. "Hang on!" He called over the loud roar of the bike. I wrapped my arms around his chest, folding my fingers into each other, as he backed out and took off.

It's not like I've never been on a bike before, but this was such a rush. The wind had such a force and I was overwhelmed by the smell of hair gel and motor oil. My heart beat against my ribcage and I wondered if Fix could feel it. The wind died down as we slowed to a stop at a red light and Fix moved slightly to look over his shoulder. "So, you gonna tell me where you live? Or are we just gonna ride around town?" I bit my lip. It'd be nice to ride around, but...

"Turn left at the light after the next." I called to him and he looked forward again. Oh, no. Did I offend him? Dammit! Before I could say anything else, the light was green and the sound was drowned out by the wind. I flattened my hands against his chest and his back straightened suddenly, my heart skipping. A roll in his chest made me assume he was chuckling, but I wasn't sure. We stopped in the left turn lane and he looked over his shoulder again.

"Where to?"

"Third house after the first crossroads." And we were off again, but before I knew it, we were parked in front of my house. He cut the engine and I removed the helmet, sliding off the leather seat. He stared up at me as I handed him his helmet. "Um... Would you like to come in?" I put my hands in my pockets awkwardly.

"I'd love that, but I've got a car to fix up at home. Maybe some other time?" He put the helmet into a storage box at the back of the bike as a slight sadness fell on me.

"Okay. I guess, I'll see you some other time, then?" God, I felt so awkward.

"When do you work next?"

"I don't work tomorrow, but I work the day after."

"Well, can I come visit you tomorrow, then?" I nodded a little too quickly and blushed as he chuckled. "I'll see you, later." He started up his bike and I held up my hand to wave goodbye because words were lost to me. I watched him ride away feeling suddenly alone.

I shook the feeling and walked inside my lonesome house. Turning the hall light on, I looked around. Would he like it? I thought about the time I spent with him today and smiled. Part of me dared to lay down and close my eyes, but didn't want to. I needed to stay awake to keep the nightmares away. But of course, I gave in, and as soon as I did, my eyes fell into darkness. This time, though, the darkness was welcoming me with the warm memory of Fix; no nightmares. No bad feelings. It was such a pleasant feeling...
♠ ♠ ♠
Co-written: XxDeath-of-BrokenxX & xGreyAlexander

We both hope you all enjoy reading this.