Status: Written for my bestfriend Tash c:

Yeah Boy and Doll Face

Hell above

“We are all on drugs, yeah; give me some of that stuff…” I sang as I drove towards my friend’s house. I was off tune, but I always was when i wasnt being serious. I was one with great karaoke skills. I didn’t care when I was off tune, I loved to sing. I didn’t care that Channy constantly made fun of my horrible voice; because Channy herself had a voice not much better than mine. I mean it in an honest way.

“Tash, you’re here! Finally! Now let’s go!” Channy said with a smile. I frowned a little, “Going where? I thought you said I should come to your house for a BBQ.”

“Apparently at the sound of BBQ you stopped listening to me. Typical,” she said as she rolled her eyes, “We’re going to my cousins’ house, Jaime; he’s the one having the BBQ.”

“Oh, then hop on. Where does he live?” I said as I turned on the engine. “In the next neighborhood, I waited so I could show you the way, since you’re bad at directions and all.” She joked as I groaned, “It was only one time, besides the way to your house is rather tricky!” she rolled her eyes, “whatever you say Tash, whatever you say.”

“Oh you suck pee-pee,” shouted I; “Says the one who yells pee-pee,” countered Channy.

---x---

“Jaime!” shouted Channy as we arrived at the house. Out stepped the Jaime fellow. He was fairly tall with shaggy hair that spiked up to random sides. “Hey Chan glad you’re here. The boys have been dying to see you.”

Boys? She never told me anything about boys being here? Was there adult supervision? Were we the only girls here? Ah crap. I subconsciously glared and Channy in my head and thought of a plan on how to make her pay without telling me.

First of all, I looked like crap. I didn’t look anywhere but nice. My hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail, my jeans were covered in dirt from the earlier and my shirt fit hugely on me and was plain white.

Second of all, I was bad with boys. I was straight, yes. But I always had the worst case scenarios with them. Back in sixth grade, I literary tripped on my own feet while walking down the hallway as my crush, Alex, walked by.

Seventh grade I had snorted out cafeteria milk out of my nose accidentally because it was past its expiration date. Not only that but my crush, Johnny had witnessed it completely while the whole cafeteria laughed at my embarrassment.

Eight grade; Gary had ‘accidentally’ tripped me and made my food fall on top of my crush that year, Evan.

And so it continued all the way through high school but gladly stopped as I entered college. I was grateful for that, because I had recently started talking to his guy that I liked, his name
was Oly, and I was hopping he’d ask me out on a date soon.

“Hey Tash, this is my dear favorite cousin Jaime, and Jaime this is my best friend Natasha,” Jaime grinned, “Nice to meet you Tash, I’ve heard so much about you from this twerp.” He said as his hand and mine shook, “Well, I’ve never really knew about you until now, but it’s great to meet you too.” Jaime nodded in approval.

“Well then, shall we enter my humble abode? The guys are preparing the food, and I wouldn’t want them to do anything wrong to it,” he chuckled.

We walked into his house, which wasn’t so ‘humble’ at all. The house was full of expensive things that I’ve probably wouldn’t afford if my life depended on it. I would go in debt for the rest of my entire life.

We walked towards Jaime’s backyard too see three guys working on raw meat and placing it on the BBQ grill.

“Hey guys, guess whose here!?” Jaime said and all three boys’ attentions were directed towards us. “Channy!” they all yelled in unison. “And other girl I don’t know!” One said whose shirtless chest was covered in tattoos. “Hey guys!” Channy said as she hugged each and every one of them. Not that I was jealous or anything. She just has always been good with guys and I have been horrid at it.

“Guys, this is my best friend Natasha; Tash, these are the guys. That’s Mike,” she said pointed at the tattoo covered, dark haired, pierced all over guy. “Hi Mike.” I said as I tried to muster the best confidence I could obtain. “That’s Tony,” she said as she pointed out another whom had dark hair, snake bites and tattoos. What was with these boys and tattoos? “Hi Tony,” I said, “I would shake your hand and all but I’m dealing with meat.” He joked. I laughed a little.

“And that is Victor,” Channy said as she pointed at another guy whom had brown hair but no tattoos, no piercings, nope nada; or at least from what I saw. “Hello,” I said shyly. I had never gotten so much attention from four guys in one day. Sure they were all good-looking but if it weren’t for these circumstances, they would’ve never even given me the time of the day.

“Hello, nice to meet you, call me Vic” Vic said as he shook my hand. “Ditto,” I replied simply.

---x---

“Dude, this must be the best BBQ I’ve ever eaten in my life” I exclaimed as I took another bite of the guys BBQ.

“Aw, it’s nice to know somebody actually appreciates my food,” Tony said with a smile, “Nobody appreciates you’re badass cooking skills? Shame on all of you!” I joked as I playfully glared at each of them.

“Hey, have you tasted his regular food? Its tastes like crap!” Mike shouted as the boys and Channy laughed. I just looked confused and went back to taking a bite of my piece of delicious grilled veges. These guys were funny as hell, I have to admit. They were cool. Mike was hilarious and overall a good guy. Tony had badass cooking BBQ skills and loved to tell stories. Vic was pretty down to earth and chill. While Jaime was loud and crazy but fun to be around with. Channy just made these guys seem greater, they joked around and everything. I felt a little more of a third wheel, but Vic always tried to keep me in the conversation.

At least it wasn’t as awkward as I thought it would be. It was pretty cool.

“So you guys, Tash here is a major fan of all of you,” Channy claimed as I looked at her skepticism, the guys raised their eyebrows and eyed me; but I on the other hand, was eyeing Channy, “I am?” I said as I raised an eyebrow.

“Of course you are silly!” she laughed, “You’re a huge fan, you always wake up to their songs?” it took me a whole moment to realize what she was talking about, and when it hit me I jumped out of my seat and yelled, “Oh my god! You guys are Pierce the Veil!?” I hyperventilated a little. I mean here I was, meeting my favorite band of all time, and not even because I was screaming and jumping at their concerts.

I was mentally glaring at Channy because she didn’t tell me. How could I not recognize their voices? Their looks? Their everything. Something should’ve clicked when I saw Vic for the first time. I mean, I was in love with his voice and all.

“I, uhm, awkward.” I said suddenly as I felt awkward. Yes, even more awkward when I accidently burped loudly in front of the whole entire class; that was something very awkward for me. “Well, are you a fan?” Tony finally spoke up and all I could do just nod. “Well that’s great; it’s nice to meet a fan. Especially one as pretty as you,” Vic winked. I blushed furiously.
“I, uh, think I should be going,” I stated awkwardly and fidgeted. Channy noticed and quickly nodded, “Well, it was nice seeing you guys. I missed all of you,” she said as she hugged each one of them. “I hope to see you guys soon!” she yelled.

“Actually, we’re having a party they day after tomorrow to celebrate the end of tour since we’re going to play here and all, we’d like you guys to come.” Mike said as all the boys stood up and led us to the door. “How about it Tash? Would you like to come?”

“I don’t know…” I bit my lip a little too hard and felt the inside of my lip bleed a little, “Aw, it’ll be fun and you’ll experience my mean cooking skills again.”

“Oh my gosh, yes!” I yelled. Hey I love my food, I’m a totally fatass and I’m not afraid to say it one ounce, “That’s the only way you could convince Tash to do anything. Food is always the answer with her.” Channy laughed.

“Hey, I’m a fatass and proud. I love my food.” I glared at her, “Well that’s good, we all love our food,” Jaime said, “Except Chan, it’s like we have to shove food down her throat.” He stated. Channy glared at him and hit him in the shoulder. “Shut the fuck up Jaime,” she shouted. I laughed as I walked backwards to my car, “Well it was nice meeting you guys,” and that’s when it happened.

I tripped on my own feet again and landed on my back. And I was really hoping I’d avoid an accident in front of these guys. But things never go as planned right?

“Okay, ouch.” I said as I grabbed my head. I heard Channy laugh.

“Are you alright?” I heard Vic say as he sat me up.

“I’ll survive,” I said as I stood up laughing.

---x---

“I don’t really like him,” he stated through phone, “Well I do, so stop complaining. He’s nice and sweet and has nice hair, and I don’t know! I just really like him, there’s just something about him that intrigues me! Besides, he’s nice to me and well, he asked me out on a date,” I giggled.

Vic and I had quickly grown closer as the months passed by. Vic was an incredible guy, no doubt, but I was so head-over-heels for Kyle Even, who ended up being the singer for Breathe Carolina, that I didn’t really realize that Vic had feelings for me. Heck, if I had known, maybe I would’ve changed my ways and ended up with him.

“Oh, he did? That’s great,” he said plainly.

“You alright Vic?” I asked worriedly. He was my best friend; I couldn’t help but be worried for him. “I’m fine. Look I have to go; I’ll see you tomorrow or something, bye.” He hanged up. I looked at the screen on my phone to see he had actually hanged up on me which kind of threw me off. Vic never ended the conversation. I always had to find a way to finish the phone call so I wouldn’t waste my minutes.

I lay in bed and looked at the ceiling. “You alright Tash?” Channy asked as she took a seat next to my bed in the hotel we were staying. “Not really. Do you know what’s wrong with Vic? I thought he’d be excited about knowing that I got a date with Kyle, but he seemed kind of weird… is everything alright with him and Joyce?” I said mentioning his girlfriend.

“Tash, the broke up like four months ago,” she said.

“How come he didn’t tell me?” I said, clearly hurt.

“Because you were too busy talking about Kyle or speeding time with Kyle; you don’t even spend time with me anymore,” she joked. “You know I love you Channy!” I said as I tackled her into the bed. “I know, but right now you’re giving me too much love. Now get your ass off me!”

---x---

The following day I got ready for my date. I had decided to wear a simple Lagray Floral Dress that flowed until my knees with a Chiffon Tunic on top of it, some simple brown flats, and studded brown bag and to top it all off, my favorite Cutler and Gross Round framed sunglasses.

“Well doesn’t someone look all dolled up?” I faced the bathroom door as I placed down my straightner. I half expected it to be Vic, trying to apologize for hanging up on me without letting me say goodbye. Usually he’s the one who won’t let me hang up until he says
goodbye. “Hey Jaime,” I said, “What are you doing here?”

“What? I can’t come by and say hi?” he said defensively.

“Well, we’re on the same tour together and see each other like every day, I don’t think you’d have to see me and say hi every day,” I joked.

“Very funny Tash,” he laughed, “I came to look for Chan actually. I want to set her up on a date with Tony.” I rolled my eyes, “Look we both know they’re like in love with each other and you could totally sense the sexual tension between them,” Jaime laughed at the word ‘sexual tension,’ typical. “But you’ve got to let Tony do all by himself, that way, in the near future when he tells Chan how he had the guts to ask her out, he won’t have to say that you forced him.”
“Hey I’m not forcing, I’m encouraging,” he winked. “Hey look, I have to get ready for a date, so either you scram or you can chill here, your choice.” I said as I unplugged the straightner and walked out of the bathroom and into my room. Jaime followed me. “Aw, Vic finally had the courage to ask you out on a date?”

“What?” I said confusedly, “I’m going on a date with Kyle.”

“Oh,” was all he could say.

“Oh what?”

“You know what, I’ll go look for Chan somewhere else.” He said as he almost walked out.

“Jaime, tell me what you mean by ‘oh,’” I said sternly.

“Look, just be careful okay. I haven’t always heard positive things about Kyle,” and with that, he walked out.

Everybody must be high today.

---x---

“Well don’t you look hot,” Kyle stated as I stepped out of the elevator. He texted me saying he was waiting for me downstairs. “Well thank you, you look pretty fine yourself,” I stated, “So where are you taking me?”

“Well, I was hoping if you’d like to see that movie… uh, eclipse?” I made a face, “Can’t we watch like Kick-Ass or something?” Kyle grinned, “Great, I don’t really want to see a movie about a bedazzled vampire and a morphing werewolf.”

“Me neither, I really don’t like Twilight; why can’t people just read Bram Stoker?” I questioned.
“Who?” Kyle said.

“Oh…nothing,” I stated lamely as he led me to his car.

We made small talk on the way to the cinema and during dinner. There wasn’t a real highlight to the whole date, but that fact that Kyle asked me on a date, was enough of a highlight for me. We were heading back to his place (or hotel room since we were on tour) after dinner. He had asked me if I was willing to spend some more time with him, and I, because I was so eager to be with him, didn’t decline.

When we arrived to his room, we sat on the couch and didn’t really speak words; instead, he started kissing me. I thought I was in haven- but I was wrong.

In a quick movement Kyle was suddenly on top of me, getting ready to take my shirt off.
“No, Kyle stop!” I said as I pushed him; but he was stubborn. He knew what he wanted but I wasn’t going to let him. I quickly kneed him in his gut and pushed him up. “You bitch!” he groaned in pain. “Leave me alone!” I pushed him away one more time before I jumped out of the bed, spontaneously grabbed my purse and somehow ended up in the bathroom instead of room outside.

I quickly dialed the first number that was on my incoming calls.

“Hello?” The groggy voice said. I whimpered, “Vic please help me.”

“Tash, are you okay? Why are you crying? Where are you?” His voice panicked and I lastly noticed I had been crying.

“Kyle,” I managed to whisper, “Look Tash, I love you. I really do, but I can’t stand hearing about this guy you’re dating when I love you with all my heart.”

“What?” Kyle suddenly banged on the bathroom door, “You little bitch! You open this door right now or I’ll knock it down!”

“Vic, please come get me,” I cried.

“Where are you?” I could hear him quickly get up and go through his stuff.

“I’m at-”

“I’m giving you up to three to get out of there-” he warned.

“I’ll be right there,” he hanged up.

“One…”

“Please hurry up Vic…”

“Two…”

“I’m sorry for everything I’ve done wrong God.”

“…and three.”

“I love you Vic.” Even what I said caught me off guard.

The door opened with a slam against the wall. Oh my god, I realized. I was going to get… raped.

‘I haven’t always heard positive things about Kyle,” Jaimes’ voice kept repeating in my head. Why hadn’t I listened to that before? I should’ve paid attention to Jaime or when Vic said he didn’t like him. I’m such a horrible person and now I was going to get what I deserved.
“I told you I was going to get you soon…” Kyle whispered in my ear. He pinned me down and started to kiss me all over. I was afraid, too afraid to even move; but just enough to cry. I silently prayed. I prayed for all the things I had done wrong. All the things I thought I did wrong.

Kyle was pulled back suddenly and all I heard was punching and kicking again and again. I hadn’t moved for one bit. I was too scared to do anything.

“Natasha?” I heard Vic’s voice say softly as he kneed next to me. I didn’t reply. “Tash, come on darling. Blink if you can hear me,” I somehow found the force to blink. Vic picked me up and carried me to the unknown place.

---x---

I woke up with a headache and rubbed some of the crust out of my eyes.

“Hey Tash,” Vic said as he entered the room. “How are you feeling?” I noticed he was carrying a tray of food with him. Breakfast in bed… yum.

“Hello,” I whispered as I sat up. “I’m okay…” Great. I sounded weak. “I called the cops,” he stated and placed the food tray on my lap. “I’m sorry. I should’ve listened. I’m a horrible person and, and I’m…” I broke down and started crying. But I needed to know. “How… how far did he go?”

Vic sort of smiled, “He didn’t do anything. I got there just in time.”

“Thank you Victor,” I said gratefully.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said.

“There must me something I could do so I can repay you,” I said with a smile.

“How about a date?” he asked me unexpectedly.

“A… a date?” I stuttered.

“Look, I understand if you’re not ready after yesterdays…incident. But I’d be willing to wait for you as long as you want and-” Vic rambled.

“Vic, chill. Yes, I’d love to go on a date with you. Let’s just put what happened yesterday in the past and go on your date,” I said with a smile.

“You know, I’ve waited a long time to ask you out,” he said seriously.

“Yeah, I know. Four months right?” I stated remembering yesterday’s conversation with Chan.

“Well… no.”

“No?”

“No. I’ve been wanting to date you since you tripped over your own feet when I first meet you. I always liked klutzy girls,” he said with a smirk.

“Oh shut up.”

And just like that, did Vic and I start dating after six months of knowing each other. Kyle went to court and served a couple of years in jail, much to Vics’ disappointment. We also acquired a restraining order for no more than 100 ft. A couple years later, Vic proposed to me in our four year anniversary when we actually meet for the first time. I was surprised that he even remembered, because I was sure as hell I didn’t remember one bit. Vic and I had four kids. One set of twins named Grayson and Julia, a girl named Mia and a boy named Jaime (after Jaime whom had been the chosen godfather of my boy.) And like every other couple, we did have our arguments, but Vic was always very forgiving and so was I. I guess I did live that ‘happily ever after’ like every girl wants.