Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 1

I strode through the crisp Venice air, pulling my jacket closer to my body. It was early morning, and I was determined to get to my college on time. It was the pinnacle of Victorian education; Sutcliff University. I had worked day and night to get in, and I was determined to hit the ground running. The beggars were starting to coke out, their sullen faces downcast. They looked at me, hopeful. I had nothing, so I just shook my head. They were little more than animals, scrounging for anything. I quickened my pace, noticing the ship and dock workers beginning their day. After a few minutes, I was sprinting. Classes started at dawn, and I could see the tip of the sun poking out.

"Crap!" I muttered. I didn't even notice the stranger in front of me until I collided with them, papers flying everywhere.

"Watch it!" she exclaimed as she bent down to pick up the scattered papers.

Since it was my fault, the nicest thing I could do was help her, right? I knelt down and picked up a colorful sheet of paper... it looked a bit... strange. Before I knew it, she was up on her feet again and snatched the paper out of my hand.

"Sorry," I mumbled after she so rudely took the paper from me.

I knew there was something wrong. I looked up at her and she was glaring angrily at me like I just stole the last cookie and ate it.

"Look, I'm sorry if I did something wrong but could you please just stop being so mad." I told her.

"You have no idea, do you?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, very unsure of what she just told me.

"You have no idea of what happened last night, am I right?" she spat at me.

"Umm... no?" I replied.

"You should try not to be so oblivious! Last night there was an explosion in the middle of the central park, there was a party going on there at the time." she replied.

How could I miss such a thing? I live right next to the park! I think I was even at that party! Wait, why am I so unsure? I was at that party, I remember, I'm sure I was.

"Did anyone get hurt?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"No, thank goodness, I'm surprised." she said, the tone in her voice much quieter and caring.

"That's good, I think I was at that party, I just can't quite remember." Then all of a sudden I saw a cross hanging around her neck and something inside me jumped and sent a searing pain throughout my body. What was that? Before I knew it I had her pinned to the ground and had my hand covering her mouth. What in the world was I doing?

"Oh my god! What did I just do? Oh my god I am so sorry!" I blurted out, trying to control myself.

"What the hell?" she screamed at me then looked up into my eyes.

I saw something flash in hers and her face became very concerned.

"You need to come over to my dorm right now." she stated.

"But I have to get to class!" I objected.

"It doesn't matter, we need to go right now."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because," she replied.

"Because what?"

"I think something might have happened to you at that party, something very, very bad." she whispered.

"Like what?" I whispered back, now scared.

"Demonic possession."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter to my first story on mibba! I am co-writing it with my friend who is not on this site... yet... Hope you like it! I will try to update as much as possible!