Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 12

I couldn't believe that Azura had the ability to summon fire. That was amazing! He even said he would show me some time! When he first told me I nearly jumped up and down with excitement.

Within about fifteen minutes we were at the library. I loved this one because it was open late specially for the students at the college. I walked into the religious books section and started looking. Without my trying to, my arm suddenly reached out and grabbed an old looking leather bound book.

"Whoa!" I nearly jumped because of my arm's sudden movement.

"Sorry about that," Azura laughed, "it's sort of hard to break the habit of controlling your own limbs."

"Warn me next time before you do that." I scolded, not liking the fact that he could control my body.

"No guarantees." he said and with that I walked over to a nearby table and sat down.

When I opened the book, a huge cloud of dust flew into my face. I coughed a bit.

"It's one heck of an old book," I said fanning away the dust that obscured my vision.

I flipped through each page seeing little things about possession here, contacting the dead there, all that creepy stuff about the afterlife. Azura took control of me again, turning to a page about the many types of demons. I scanned through, reading about how there are demons that are not so bad, and then there are "Spawn of Satan" type demons.

"This one seems to be our situation at the moment," said Azura, pointing, with my finger, to what seemed to be the type of demons that weren't good enough for Heaven and sent to Hell. Scary accurate.

The page stated, "A demon that had been exiled from Heaven couldn't return, unless they had fixed what they had done wrong. For more information, contact your local priest."

"Way to give helpful info," I said, staring at the two useless sentences that hovered on the page.

"Maybe it's a bit more useful than we think it is, Lucas," Azura said quietly, seemingly trying to decipher the page.

"But you told me that we couldn't go to the Father, that he wasn't our friend, right?" I questioned.

"I did say that, but he is probably going to be the only one who knows about this, our only hope. I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow to go see him again. I'm hoping that he will actually listen to us and not immediately think that I'm bad and try to get rid of me..."

"I sort of hope so too, I guess." I stood up from the chair and picked up the book heading towards the check out station. There was a nice looking lady there who I handed the book to.

"Who were you talking to back there?" she asked, "You and I are the only ones here."

I got a little freaked out by her question and now knew for sure that I was the only one who could hear Azura's voice. "Oh nobody, just talking to myself, that's all."

She gave me a small weird look then finished up checking out the book. I took it from her and mumbled a small "thanks" then practically ran out of the library.

"You need to be more careful next time," Azura told me, "we don't want the humans to know I'm here."

"And you need to be careful about your controlling of my body!" I angrily hissed.

"Look, if we're to get through all this we need to get along. If we are constantly fighting we are going to get nowhere."

"I guess you're right..." I mumbled, "Let's get back to the house and get some food, I'm starving."

"I think that's a good idea, tomorrow we can go back to the office and hope that the Father will help us."

"Sounds like a plan." I started walking towards the apartment still seeing no signs of the population. "It's creepy, seeing the town like this, I've always seen it alive and busy, never quiet."

"You know, since we're all alone..." Azura started.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly.

"I could possibly show you some tricks I can do with fire."

"Oh my god! Really? That would be so cool! Let's do it!" I nearly shouted.

"Shh, be quieter and I will."

"Oh, sorry." I apologized, "Can you do them now?"

"I think I might be able to..." he trailed off and before I knew it I had lost control of my body again. Azura muttered a few words a couldn't understand then put my hands out in front of me, wringing them together and suddenly, pulled them slightly apart, revealing a tiny flame in between them.

"That's amazing! What else can you do?" I asked in awe of the flame.

"Oh, well, I can do a few things..." he started again then suddenly my arms flew up in the air throwing the tiny flame and keeping it up there. Azura muttered a few different words this time then the flame grew in size, hovering up above my head. It contorted into a few different shapes then burst and rained all around me in tiny droplets of fire, not one hitting me. It was breath-taking.

"Wow Azura, just, wow." It was all I could say.

"We should probably get back, don't want anybody seeing us." he said while forcing me to start walking.

"Yeah, you're right, but that, that was amazing."

"Thank you." he replied and then we spent the rest of the walk in silence. Once back at the apartment I made my way to the kitchen, set the book down on the counter, and opened up the fridge to grab the ingredients for a sandwich.

One meal later I said to Azura that I was tired and going to sleep.

After what felt like a short amount of time I woke to hear my phone buzzing on the table next to my bed.

"Hello?" I answered tiredly.

"Lucas? Is it you? Where are you?" Crystal blurted worriedly.

"Calm down, I'm here, I'm at my house, I was sleeping until you called. I didn't remember ever giving her my number, she must have gotten it earlier when I was passed out at the office.

"I'm coming over right now." she said simply, "Where do you live?"

I told her my address and hung up the phone then got up out of my bed and put some real clothes on. I went out towards the living room and sat down waiting.

"How am I going to tell her that you can speak to me and all the things you told me?" I asked worriedly.

"We will find out when we get to it." Azura stated just before there was a knock on the door.

"Coming!" I said and got up to answer it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update today! Woot! Who knows... there might be a third! Comment! Subscribe! Recommend! Anything? Longest chapter yet!