Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 13

I opened the door only to find a freaked out Crystal standing in the doorway. She hugged me, as if this wasn't already strange enough.

"Oh my... Geez! I though something horrible had happened to you," she barely croaked clinging on to me.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine, and uh..." I said awkwardly, gently pushing her off of me.

"Ugh, sorry, I was just a bit worried," she looked away with an embarrassed expression.

I smiled a bit and invited her in to sit down. I told her about Azura, and how the father wasn't someone we could trust. At first, she thought I was being ridiculous, but as I explained our situation, she started to nod slowly, as if she actually did know how to do this. I guess I could expect that from someone like her. After all, she was majoring in possessions.

"So, what do you think we should do?" she asked me.

"I have no clue, we found a book in the library telling us that we should ask a priest about this which we were planning on doing in the morning."

"But I thought you said we couldn't trust him?"

"I know what I said but we don't really have any other choice. He knows the most on these subjects and has more experience than we do." I explained. I was trying to think of a way to let Azura speak so I wouldn't have to repeat everything he wants to say. "Do you know of any way I could let Azura talk?"

"Uh, I'm not sure, but you said he is capable of controlling your body, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, if he can control your body then why can't he control your vocal cords too? They are a part of your body, after all."

"That might work, what do you think, Azura?"

"I think that should work, what should I say to test it out?" he replied.

"How about... hmm..." I wondered.

"How about what?" Crystal asked, I had forgotten she couldn't hear Azura.

"He want to know what to say to test this."

"Hmm... try saying your full name?" Crystal suggested.

"That should work!"

"Alright, here it goes." Azura said somewhat nervously.

I felt my throat twitch a little and then it cleared itself without my doing so. I felt my body take in a breath and then a voice similar yet not so similar to my own speak in a hoarse way, "My name is Azura Rafaello Vincenzo."

Crystal looked totally shocked. And to be honest, I was too. It was so weird to have your body speak but not you yourself. "Well, Azura, I guess that worked. And by the sound of it we should be able to tell our voices apart. We do sound quite different." I said.

"I'd say, I'm the one watching all of this happen." Crystal said excitedly.

"Well, I think I'd like to go back to sleep, it's late, and I don't know about you but I was awoken from a nice sleep not too long ago. So I guess... goodnight Crystal. We can go see the father tomorrow around noon?"

"Sounds good to me! Goodnight Lucas! Oh and Azura!"

"Goodnight Crystal," Azura replied.

"That's going to take some getting used to!" I laughed while seeing Crystal out the door. "See you tomorrow."

I walked back to the room I was in not too long ago and laid back down onto the bed, resting into it instantly. Within a few minutes I was asleep again, more mentally prepared for the next day than I was earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys like this story? What do you think will happen? I don't have that much to say haha Hope you had a happy halloween! It's the day after and I have a candy hangover haha only way to get rid of it is to eat more! :3 you're never too old to go trick or treating!