Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 15

I woke up in the morning, as tired as ever. It felt as if I didn't even get any rest at all.

"You seem tired, though you'll need some energy. How about that shop down the street with all the caffeinated beverages?" Azura asked all upbeat.

"Uhh... you mean coffee?" I asked, staring at him with a strange expression.

"Whatever. You can't expect me to know. I died many years before that stuff got popular." he answered, "Let's just go already."

Getting out of bed, I quickly threw on some casual clothing, brushed my teeth, and headed out the door. Azura kept talking to me through my mind, though I couldn't stop thinking about what Crystal had done last night. I called her to come meet me down at the cafe so we could actually find a lead on something.

While walking I just looked around observing the scenery, it was very beautiful. It was the time of year where all the leaves started to change color and fall off the trees. Within a few minutes I was at the coffee shop ordering two coffees for us and then taking a seat at the patio, waiting.

I spotted Crystal and waved to her, a bit more happy looking than I would have liked. Good job at concealing your emotions, Lucas, I thought. She walked over to me and sat down, not making eye contact with me. I knew that we were both on the verge of blushing but I didn't care.

"I got you a coffee." I said quietly while handing it to her.

"Thanks, I need it." she replied tiredly. I knew she had gotten no sleep last night either. We both had too much to think about. We sat there for about five minutes just sipping our coffee.

I sighed and decided to break the silence, "So..."

"So..." she replied.

"About last night," I began but was cut off by Crystal blurting out.

"I can explain!" she said worriedly, most likely thinking I was angry.

"I'm not mad, I just want to know, why?"

She sighed in relief this time and relaxed a bit more. "Well, I guess I..."

"You what?" I asked a bit faster than I intended.

"I guess I sort of like you."

"Oh." It was all I seemed capable of saying.

"Ever since I was possessed, you see, any person I met would like me until I told them about my past incident. Then they'd leave because they thought I was demonic and would hurt them no matter what I told them. But you're different. You're going through it too, you won't run away. Will you?" she asked looking up at me sadly.

"No! Of course not! That's just stupid! People can be very ignorant sometimes..." I muttered angrily, not liking the sight of a sad Crystal. I was very similar, I didn't have too many friends, and when I thought about it, they were only really there because of what I could give them. Crystal was different from them, she wasn't here to use me, she was here because we were actually similar and she wanted to help me, and now that I thought about it, I wanted to help her too. We were here to help each other.

"Thank you..." she sighed then looked back down at her coffee.

"I sort of..." I tried to say then was hit by a coughing fit.

"Sorry!" Azura blurted out in my head. He could be really inconvenient at times.

"What?" Crystal asked, looking hopefully into my eyes.

"Never mind..." I trailed off, "Do you want to go do something?"

"Yeah sure, let's go." she said while standing up.

I got up with her and we both just started walking, not minding where we ended up, just there, enjoying each other's company. We didn't need words, not at this moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I ate M&M's and listened to Mindless Self Indulgence while writing this chapter! :3 What do you think? Anything? It gets lonely not hearing feedback y'know! *hint hint* Enjoy!