Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 16

I could feel a hint of discomfort in my mind. It was Azura.

"Okay, this is sweet and all, but don't forget we still need to solve my problem before your body perishes along with me. I would hate for that to happen to you, especially after your relationship just picked up," he said impatiently.

I tried to push his thoughts away, but they kept coming back. Lives of many are in danger... We must hurry... It was irritating. I felt the same anxiety starting to emanate from Crystal.

"Um, we need to try and resolve this problem before it gets worse," I said, breaking the silence. Crystal looked up at me and nodded, suddenly seeming more distant. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah..." she mumbled.

"That's a lie, now, let me ask again, is everything okay?" I was a bit irritated that she was hesitating to speak to me.

"I'm just worried, that's all." she said nervously.

"About...?" I questioned, I hated beating around the bush.

"Things..." she replied.

"Really Crystal? Just tell me! It can't be that hard!"

"Okay! Gosh, it's just that I'm worried about you, I won't be able to handle it if you die from this. I'm already alone. I won't be able to handle it if the most important thing in my life goes away." she said emotionally.

I decided to stop and just hug her. "I'm sorry." It was all I could say. I could hear her sniffle a little bit and feel a slight wetness on my shoulder that I knew was from tears. I saw that there was a bench nearby so we walked over to it and sat down, Crystal still crying into my shoulder. "It's okay, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," I comforted. I really hated it when people were sad and I knew I couldn't do much about it. It made me feel horrible. Within a few minutes she had stopped crying and was just sitting there leaned over on me.

"Sorry about that." she whispered.

"Don't be. Do you maybe want to go back to my place for a little while?" I asked.

"Okay..." she sniffled again. We both got up and started walking back to my apartment.

Once there we just went inside then sat down in silence. We were like that for a few minutes then I offered her a drink and went to go grab one from the fridge in the kitchen. I grabbed two sodas then walked back out to her and handed her one. I noticed she was just looking down at her drink.

"So..." I said trying to break the silence.

"So..." she repeated, "what do you want to do?"

"Well, I don't have a TV so that's not an option. I have a CD player and some CD's. Want to try that?" I questioned.

"Yeah sure," she said, seeming that she didn't really care.

I got up and chose a Three Days Grace CD and put it in and clicked play then sat back down beside her and finished my soda. Within a few minutes the song, "Pain," came on and Crystal seemed to break down again. I pulled her into my embrace again to comfort her, I knew it was what she needed at the moment. We stayed like that for quite a while and soon I woke up to realize that we had fallen asleep together on the couch. I looked down at Crystal and saw her curled up to me. I saw it was about seven in the morning. I decided to wiggle my way out from underneath her and try not to wake her and made my way to the kitchen to make some coffee.

Once brewed I poured two cups and walked out to see her still asleep. I giggled a little to myself then sat my coffee down on the coffee table with a little idea in my head. I took her cup and waved it right under her nose and within a few seconds her eyes blinked open to see one of the best things to wake up to. She quickly took the coffee from me and took a few sips.

"Perfect," she said contentedly to me.

"Glad you like it, you deserve it." I told her while reaching for my cup then sitting down beside her.

"Thanks," she replied, "I need it. Coffee is my drug," she laughed.

"Exactly!" I agreed while giggling. We sat there just enjoying our delicious drinks and each other's company. "Today, I think we should just take a day off from all our worries and just have fun."

"I like that idea," she replied. We didn't talk much more after that but we didn't need to. There wasn't anything to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you couldn't tell, I wrote this while listening to Three Days Grace, I suggest maybe listening to the song mentioned! 8 readers! Ohmygosh! 1 more than last time! Woot! I love recommendations and subscriptions! Oh and... no new chapter until I get a comment!!! Anyways! Enjoy!