Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 17

Throughout the day we didn't do anything eventful, we just walked around in the park, talked, drank even more coffee, and just had a pretty good day altogether. Our conversations were never small talk, there was always meaning behind them. We told each other about our lives before we met, mainly just entertaining stories or anything we thought the other might want to know. I learned quite a few things about Lucas. One of the things I learned was that he loved to eat mints, I mean he was practically addicted to them. No wonder his breath was so minty when I kissed him...

We ended up back at his house around five in the afternoon and decided that we were hungry so I told him that I would cook something. I looked around his small kitchen to see some pasta and all the basics you would expect in an average kitchen. Upon closer examination I saw that he had an eggplant.

"Hmm..." I muttered to myself, "I know, I can make eggplant parmigiana." It was always a good dish to make for others, easy and impressive, and tasty at that. I searched the cabinets for a pot then filled one with water and put it on the stove.

About thirty minutes later it was ready and I was scooping it out onto two plates for us. "Lucas, it's ready!" I called to him to only to hear silence. "Lucas?"

I went out of the kitchen and into the living room to see it empty, but I saw down the hall the bathroom light was on and the door was open. I walked back to it and looked in to be horrified by what I saw. There he was, curled up on the floor without a shirt on, blood covered some of his upper body. It looked like on the side of his neck was where the blood was coming from.

"Oh my god! Lucas!" I screamed while getting onto my knees to help him. I picked him up as much as I could since he was bigger that I was and leaned him up against the wall then went to grab a towel and the first aid kit. I ran back with the items to see him coughing and holding his neck. "What happened?!" I yelled.

"I was sitting on the couch and I felt a burning on my neck and I went into the bathroom to see what it was and I looked into the mirror to see this," he said while showing me the mark on his neck. It was a pentagram, a star at that. "and then it started bleeding and then I passed out."

I gasped and wondered, "Azura, did you do this to him?"

"No..." Azura choked out, "it's a mark to show that there's a demon inside of the body, like a warning sign."

"Are you kidding me?! You're telling me that God did this?" I said in awe yet anger, awe that God was so close yet angry that he would do this and hurt Lucas.

"I'm sorry but yes." Azura said.

"Come on, Lucas, let's get you cleaned up," I said while opening up the first aid kit and handing him the towel to wipe up some of the blood. I managed to get out some bandages but then wondered if the injury was a burn or a cut. "Lucas, do you think this is a cut or a burn?"

"I think it's both, let's treat it like it's both, just in case." he replied.

"Okay..." I said then fixed him up and then pulled him up onto his feet. "Dinner is ready, let's eat."

"Sure," he mumbled while following behind me to the kitchen. "what did you make?"

"Eggplant parmigiana, you'll love it." I told him proudly, my cooking skills were pretty good in my opinion.

"Sounds like I will," he laughed while sitting down. I picked up the two plates and handed him one and a fork then sat down myself and waited for him to take the first bite, wanting to see his reaction when he tasted it. A second later, he put a forkful of it up to his mouth and tried it. His reaction was priceless. His face went crazy!

"Oh my gosh this is so good! That's it! From now on you shall be my personal cook!" he just about yelled.

"I'm guessing it's a hit!" I laughed while eating some of mine.

"That's an understatement," he told me happily, "this has to be the best eggplant parmigiana that I've ever had!"

"Glad you like it." I said then we both stopped talking so we could eat, Lucas slightly faster than me, he must have really liked it. He finished then waited until I was done to take our plates then go get drinks. He came back and handed me mine then went over to the CD player and put one in, not telling me which one it was. Within about ten seconds I heard the start of, "See You Tonight" start playing. Wow! He had, "¡Dos!" already? Cool!

"You like Green Day?" he asked.

"Oh yeah!" I replied happily while opening up my drink. "You have '¡Dos!' I see, did you pre-order it? I don't even have it yet."

"Yeah, I did, I actually have all of Green Day's CD's as a matter of fact." he replied happily.

"Awesome! I wish I had them all!" I laughed then sipped my drink. Right now, everything was perfect, almost, but imperfections weren't going through my mind right now. They could wait. All I wanted right now was just to enjoy this moment while it was here, because moments like this might not be around again for a long time.

I decided to stop thinking about the negatives and sit there and listen to the music. Life was good.

"Hey, Crystal," Lucas started.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Anything, go ahead." I told him, wondering what he wanted to say.

"Well... I sorta... I..." he stuttered.

"Out with it!" I said a bit impatiently, what was it?

"Okay well... I like you." he said while looking down at the ground a bit nervously.

Oh. My. God. Was this really happening?! This had to be a dream! "Oh," I said, it was all I seemed capable of saying at the moment. I didn't know what I should say, I was afraid that I would mess this all up, and that was the very last thing I wanted at this moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile! I had writers block! Anyways, I wrote this while listening to... *drumroll* ¡Dos! I just got it today! :3 me gusta haha I ate peanut butter m&m's and drank tea while writing too! As you can see, I think it went pretty well! 1097 words! Second longest chapter so far! Haha please subscribe, recommend, comment, and enjoy! Time for me to go dance to "Set the World On Fire" by BVB and "Nightmare" by A7X now!