Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 20

"Knock knock, Lucas!" I heard Crystal say after knocking on my door.

"Coming!" I yelled back then left the kitchen where I was previously gazing into my empty fridge hoping that somehow food would magically appear. I opened up the door to see a beautiful cup of coffee in Crystal's hand, my eyes nearly watering at the sight.

"You're welcome," she said while handing me the drink. I immediately took it from her and took a large sip then hummed in enjoyment and thanked her.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see this drink right now." I laughed. I stepped back from the door and allowed Crystal in.

"Well, are you ready to go to church? Its been forever since I went with someone, I'm happy you're coming with me."

"I'm happy too, I'm just not so sure that Azura will be." I said then drank a few more gulps of the oh so delicious drink called coffee, I was sure it was one of man's best inventions.

"I'm hoping that nothing too bad will happen, no spontaneous burning of pentagrams into the skin or anything. Oh and speaking of pentagrams, how's your's doing?"

"Good question! I haven't really looked at it that much, probably should though, it doesn't really hurt all that much." I replied, remembering that I had totally forgotten about my injury. I was so oblivious sometimes, like I could be dying and not even know it. Once I realized what I had just thought I laughed, I was dying, and for a long time, I didn't know it. I guess I was right about my statement.

"Well, it doesn't look too bad, looks like its healing, there's gonna be a large scar though," Crystal said after examining my wound.

"As long as it doesn't get infected or anything I'm fine with it, I can probably pass the scar off as some strange tattoo later on or something."

"Quite the tattoo that would be!" Crystal laughed. Her laugh was wonderful, it made me smile whenever I heard it.

"I think we should start heading out for church, seeing as I don't quite have a car to drive us there, we don't want to be late." I said while picking up my coffee and slipping on my shoes. I opened up the door for Crystal then made sure I had my keys, locked the door, then stepped out and followed behind her. "So, which church are we going to, when will it be over, and when can we go get lunch, I'm going to be starving before long."

"Okay, well the church we are going to is the one over by that one shopping center, its about ten minutes away from here, sorry I don't know the street its on, I have never been good with names. It gets out at eleven and right now its ten and it starts at ten thirty so we should get there a little early which will give us some time to talk to the pastor, and we can go get lunch at one of the shops after we leave, that sound good?" Crystal replied seeming like she didn't need to take time to think about anything she just said, like it was memorized.

"Yeah that sounds good! I don't know about you but I'm sorta in the mood for pizza, hopefully there's a pizza shop close by." I said, realizing how truly hungry I was after I mentioned pizza, my stomach growled at just the thought of it.

"Okay, pizza sounds good to me, we might want to hurry up a little bit if we want to talk to anyone before church starts." Crystal said after looking at the clock on her phone.

"Let's get going then, It'd sorta be awkward walking in while the pastor is just starting to speak and walking up and being all like, 'oh hey there sorry to interrupt your preaching but can we take a moment to talk about my being possessed by a demon?' That would be so awkward!"

Crystal laughed at what I just said for a moment bringing a smile to my face by hearing her laugh then agreed with me on how awkward and embarrassing that situation would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
20 CHAPTERS!!! 20! WOW!! Yet still not a single comment! 13 readers and 6 subscriptions though! I still think there could be more and maybe some recommendations too, just saying. Anyways! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry its a bit filler-ish! Its exam week :P I'll try to keep updates frequent though! I wrote this while listening to Nightmare by Set It Off!