Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 4

The weather got a bit nicer when we got to the library. The sun peeked out of the clouds, and the birds were chirping and begging for food from their parents. The library had shelves, packed high with books, and many people wandering hopefully in finding a good book to curl up cozily and read at night. I caught up to Crystal, who was already sitting in front of a computer monitor.

"How do you suppose we do this?" I inquired in an inside voice.

"Well, first we'll search and find as much as we can about demonic possession. Then, we'll try to find how to determine what ranking the demon is in Hell," she replied, obviously very focused and determined to find the answer.

"Have you ever had any experience with demons and possession before?" I asked since I couldn't help but wonder why she was majoring in what she was. I looked at her and saw her hesitate.

"I don't feel like talking about it right now." she muttered, "Okay, so look at this. It says that in order to determine demon possession and what to do about it we should contact this number and schedule an appointment. The office just happens to be located a few blocks from here."

"Well isn't that convenient." I sighed, "I guess we should do that then."

"I guess so." she replied, "Let's go outside and I'll call them, you can just hang out on the bench while I talk to them."

"No problem." I said while exiting the building. I wondered why she didn't want to tell me about her experiences. Did something happen to her? Was someone close to her hurt? Or did she just have an interest in it?

After sitting around for a few minutes while she talked to the people on the phone she finally hung up and said to me, "Okay, I set up an appointment at their office an hour from now."

"Good, we can finally see how messed up I am now." I said very pessimistically.

"Don't say that, you aren't messed up." she said, her voice sounding a bit hurt by my self insult.

"Anyway, I'm getting sort of hungry. You want to go get some food? We should probably eat before we go over there anyways." I suggested.

"Yeah, don't want any sounds coming from your stomach when you're in the middle of something." she laughed.

"Alright, let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Please subscribe and recommend! I love comments too!