Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 7

It was about time for us to leave the sandwich shop. Who knew conversations about demonic possession could last for about a time span of an hour?

The office we were in was surprisingly warm, considering the fact that we were in a place where people "search for the dead" in other's bodies. When we arrived earlier, they told us to wait until we were called, that was about 10 minutes ago. I looked over at Crystal, her face seemed to hide every emotion she had inside.

"How do you stand it?" I blurted, breaking the awkward silence. She looked over to me with confusion as I quickly added on, "How do you stand living in a world where people get possessed by demons? Knowing how you can help them but not helping at all?"

Crystal shifted a bit, showing a hint of discomfort. She hesitated before telling me the answers to my questions.

"You can't save them all. It's impossible. You learn not to get attached to anyone because if, no, when, when things go wrong you're always left, heartbroken and alone. It took me a long time to realize this but it's not worth trying to save everyone. You just end up hurting yourself the most, and then when you're all alone and hurt there's nobody there to save you, you learn to stop trying." she said shakily, you could almost hear the emotions wanting to burst out.

I could do almost nothing but sit there and stare, in shock. "But why try to save me?" It was the only thought that came to my mind. Why would she want to save me? I'm no more special than the next guy.

"Because I saw something different in you." she said a second before an official looking woman walked into the room to tell us that the father was ready to see us now, as I got up I was confused. What was different about me? All of these questions were racing through my head as we entered the room. I looked up to see the father, he had short brown hair that was showing a few streaks of gray. I estimated he was about fifty. He gave me a smile... a really creepy smile. It seemed to be more of an evil smirk rather than a sincere grin. His eyes followed my every move, like an old picture in a haunted house. I hesitated before letting myself be trapped in a room with some guy I don't know and trust.

"What's wrong?" Crystal turned around to ask me, "you seem tense."

"Something just doesn't... feel right," I whispered back to her, making sure the father wouldn't hear me.

She gave me one of her famous "What the hell?" looks, then waltzed on inside.

"Hello." he greeted, "I am Father Moretti. So, what seems to be the problem?"

"Hi," replied Crystal, "I think Lucas is possessed by a demon and we want to get rid of it urgently."

"Well, you've definitely come to the right place, I specialize in possessions." he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love feedback! Please comment, subscribe, and recommend! I was listening to Marilyn Manson songs while writing this chapter :3