Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 9

Great. More pain and agony for me to look forward to. What else could go wrong? The father came back into the room with these so called "supplies." I quickly identified a crucifix in that pile of junk. Crystal stared at me worriedly, like she knew exactly how this was all going to play out.

She walked over and stood right next to me. "I'll be right here," she said while taking my hand.

I couldn't believe she did that. Why would she want to hold hands with me? We only just met, and she would be able to comfort me enough by being in the same room. I didn't want to hurt her somehow or have her possessed again. I tensed up and I hoped she didn't notice and think I was weak. She was handling herself fairly well, only a hint of nervousness peeking out.

"Okay Lucas," said the father, "we are going to do some things that might be a bit painful for you, but it will help us get rid of this demon. Are you ready?"

"I guess..." I mumbled, not looking forward to this at all. I started to wonder why the demon was in my body. What was its purpose? Was it something of importance or just for fun? I guessed I would probably find out after the tests.

"Alright!" He said with a bit more enthusiasm than was necessary. He sat down the rest of the objects he was holding onto the side table. I saw some objects that I couldn't identify but i recognized a few things like candles and a bottle of liquid that was most likely holy water. He picked up a candle and put it onto a stand and lit it. I never realized until now how dark the room actually was. There was one tiny window covered by thick curtains and a lamp on the desk that was on. The over head lights were turned off for the moment.

"What is he doing?" I whispered to Crystal.

"I'm not sure, I don't remember too much of my tests because I was very sick." she replied.

Awesome. Not only was this stranger holding us in a dark room with unknown instruments but there was a demon with us too. Just the four of us all together in the darkness. How great could this get?

Back to basics. The father brought out my good old friend, crucifix. Remember that? Last time we met it left a mark on my head. I knew the procedure fairly well, considering it only happened just this morning. Step one, sit and wait as the person holding the crucifix walks up to you. Step two, they hold it up to your forehead. Step three... Absolute pain.

* * *

I woke up only to find myself in that same dark and creepy room. Crystal was watching the father's movements carefully. Eyeing everything he did closely.

"Hmm... This really is a serious problem, we need to get rid of this demon right away," the father said examining my face. The way he said 'demon' sent a chill down my back. There was definitely something wrong here, just as I had suspected.

"What kind of demon, father?" Crystal asked fearfully. She looked back and forth from me to him. I could tell she was shaken from my passing out. I was great at reading people. I almost always seemed to know what they were thinking and what they would do next.

"I'm not sure..." the father muttered quietly, "but whatever it is, it's serious. It means business."
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys like it? Any suggestions? Improvements? Anything? What do you guys think is going to happen? I love comments! And subscriptions and recommendations for that matter!