My Imperfect Life.

Chapter 1

"Sapphire, hurry up!" I shouted as I slipped on my charcoal colored knee socks. Leave it to my sister to make us late for the first day of school.

"I'm almost done!" She shouted back. Yeah right, that's what she said 15 minutes ago. How long was it going to take her to put on a two piece uniform. As I was putting on my shoes, my mom appeared in the doorway.

"Sure you don't need me to drive you guys to school?" She asked me. when I finished tying the laces of my shoes, I looked up at her.

"We're good mom. It's okay." I replied. She turned to walk away.

"Mom?" I said

"Yeah."

"Can you tell Sapphire to hurry up, we're ten minutes late, and it's a 20 minute drive."

"Sure."

"Sapph, your gonna be late! Hurry up!" She shouted as she walked towards her room. I quickly stuffed on my other shoes and tied the laces. I walked to the full body mirror in the hallway and checked out my outfit. I had on a Vanilla colored pencil skirt, Charcoal colored knee socks, black oxford, and a white short sleeved button down blouse. I Grabbed my White Sparrow tote bag. Sapphire exited the bathroom at about the same time I was about to go downstairs.

"That's what your wearing?" She asked me like i was leaving in booty shorts, a tube top and 5 inch stilettos. I turned and faced her.

"That's what your wearing?" I asked with an elevated eyebrow. She had on Vanilla cropped khakis, sleeveless white v-neck shirt, a studded jean jacket, and flats. She was violating the dress code.

"Do you like it?" She smiled.

"Sapph, your violating the dress code, you know that right?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"Gosh, Tahlia live a little will you." She sneered.

"Whatever, when they send you home, don't come crying to me."

"Whatever." She mumbled before pushing past me to go downstairs. As I was about to leave, the phone rang. I ran to the nearest cordless and answer.

"Hello." I said

"Hi, is your mom there." The stranger asked.

"Who is this?" I asked. The voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Can just please pass your mom the phone." The stranger asked again. I recognized the voice know. THE NERVE OF THIS WOMEN.

"Why would you call here!"

"Tahlia, sweetie I'm so sorry." She said.

"Just stop okay, just stop do you have any idea how much you've hurt us?"

"How could you do this to your own sister," I shouted into the cordless phone.

"I never men-" I cut her off.

"Meant to hurt her, well you did. How did you think sleeping with her husband wouldn't hurt her."

"Talhia!" She shouted.

"Don't Tahlia me okay! I'm not in the mood, mom doesn't want to speak to you ever okay, so do us all a favor and never call here again okay."

And with that I hung up the phone. I ran out of the house and to the car where Sapphire was waiting. I slid onto the passenger seat, and started the car, I didn't bring up the conversation I just had with Aunt Natalie throughout the whole ride to school. See, Sapphire doesn't know about dad cheating on mom. Mom begged me not to tell her, so I didn't. She didn't think she would handle it well and to be honest neither did I. I've decided not to tell mom about the call from Aunt Natalie, she's had enough hurt in her life, she doesn't need more.