Status: The Song, The Only Exception by Paramore gave me the inspiration for this story, so I hope all you Draco fans enjoy it.

The Only Exception

Prologue

“The prince begged the dwarfs to let him have Snow White’s coffin. At last, they took pity on him and agreed. The prince ordered his servants to carry Snow White in her glass coffin to his palace. But on the way, one of them tripped.

The coffin fell, and the piece of poisoned apple flew from Snow White’s throat. Snow White opened her eyes. ‘Where am I?’ she cried, looking up at the prince. ‘You are with me,’ he replied, ‘and I wish you to marry me and stay with me forever.’

The prince looked so kind and sincere that Snow White said, ‘Yes.’ And their wedding was celebrated with great joy. The seven dwarfs all came and danced and cheered. As for the wicked queen, she was so angry that she ran into the forest and was never seen again. And with no one to wish them harm, Snow White and the prince lived happily ever after.”

I felt a hand tugging on my shirt. I looked down at my five year old daughter, a smile on my face, as I saw the confusion on hers. I closed the story book and pulled her closer to me.

“Mommy, how did Snow White know that the prince was a good guy? He could have been working for the wicked queen like the huntsman!” She asked, hugging her teddy close, shivering at the thought of an alternate ending.

“Well, if you remember, darling, the huntsman wasn't completely bad. he did let Snow White go, afterall. Besides, if two people are meant to be together, then they will be together, no matter what the circumstances. Love knows no bounds,” I said, kissing the top of my daughter’s head.

“How do you know, mommy?” She asked, batting her eyelashes, as she stared up at me with her big blue eyes. I stroked her hair, soothingly, admiring the blond locks that so closely resembled her father’s. I looked down into her eyes, her father’s eyes, and smiled.

“How do I know what, darling?”

“How do you know that love really exists? And don't say because of fairy tales!” She said, glaring at me. I looked away from her, for a moment, a smile forming as I caught sight of a very old picture sitting on my dresser.

“Let me tell you another story, about love. One as real as you and I,” I said, before snuggling close to my daughter, as I dove into my own personal fairy tale.