Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Brown Eyes

“Please don’t hurt me,” I breathed as I stared at the two men.

“Give me a good reason not to,” the one who had spoken before said forcefully, keeping his gun trained on me steadily.

“I- I just needed somewhere safe to stay. I had no idea there were people here. I just saw the house and thought of shelter… My car seriously just ran outta fuel and I… Please…” I begged, panicking since their faces weren’t reacting whatsoever. Were they going to shoot me right now?

“You with a group?” the man with the crossbow asked with a strong glare.

“No… I lost the other four survivors weeks ago…” I replied truthfully.

“How’d you get out?” the first one spoke again.

“Luck?” I shrugged. “Let’s be honest, I’m a weak tiny woman. I’m the last person you’d expect to survive in a freakin’ zombie apocalypse.” I smiled a little, so glad that I was socialising again, even if the circumstances weren’t the best.

“I dunno, Rick. She could be lyin’. What if she’s with a hostile group?” the crossbow man asked, clearly not trusting me. “Ya can’t be fooled by the blonde hair and innocent blue eyes.”

“Brown eyes…” I muttered. The man reacted by straightening a bit and squinting as he focused his aim on me. He wasn’t supposed to hear that…

“You shut up, ya hear?” he growled angrily.

“Hey… Calm down,” Rick ordered in a reasoning voice while putting his hand on the crossbow and forcing it to lower. I breathed a silent sigh of relief. “What’s your name?”

“Mandy,” I replied.

“Alrigh’, Mandy. I’m gonna come an’ cuff you and take you somewhere safe for the time being. The group needs to decide how dangerous you are,” Rick continued and I nodded. The man approached me slowly, his gun now in his holster, but his partner kept an eye on me with his bow. After Rick had taken off my backpack, I let him put handcuffs on me. I completely understood the concern about safety and was willing to do anything they asked. Out there on my own, I was lost and struggling, barely making it through. Being with a group would be much better, and I was just going to have to take the risk that they’d potentially shoot me instead of accepting me. Without another word, I was led the front porch and one of my handcuffs were tied onto the railing. The men then went inside the farmhouse and I heard many voices of both sexes and different ages, all arguing. Maybe this was a mistake after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to RavenclawRaves and DareToDreamXX for their comments on the last chapter! :) I promise it'll get more exciting once the scene is set.

And just so you know, I won't be rattling off what everyone says and what happens each episode, because I'm assuming you're all familiar with the show. I'll just be adding in the new part of the story, Mandy's part.