Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Minus Three

We took a cellblock. All ours, and completely rid of Walkers. There was an incident with prisoners that had survived, but Rick handled that promptly and left only two alive. They seemed far calmer and trustworthy than the others had been, so it didn’t scare me too much. Besides, two against our experienced group would be not much of a challenge if they did decide to turn against us.

But peace never lasted for long. When the Walkers somehow got into the safe haven of the prison, I got stuck with Hershel and Beth. I was defending them as Beth helped her father up the stairs. Everyone knew that protecting Hershel was important, so I didn’t mind doing it. But then we were trapped, and I stood by and watched as T-Dog was bit. Poor Lori was too pregnant to be running away, but she still managed to get inside with Maggie. And Daryl had to run off with Rick to save the day.

It seemed like forever passed, but eventually we were all back together, minus three people and plus one new-born. As Rick lost his mind, Daryl held me close by putting an arm across my shoulder, both of us just staring at the baby. What the hell we were supposed to do with a baby without its mother? Daryl tugged on my shoulder, pulling me backwards and away from the group. Once we were out of earshot, he spoke.

“We need to take care of that baby,” he stated. My face fell, but luckily he was looking back at the group so couldn’t see it. Did he mean that that baby was now ours? Completely our responsibility? “Rick’s in no condition to give out orders. I’ll take control, make sure we get the baby what she needs.”

“You can’t leave, it’s dangerous out there,” I hissed. Part of me knew he’d be all right, but I was still really worried about anyone leaving the safety of the prison’s fences.

“Someone has to. I don’t think a prison’ll be stocked up on baby food,” Daryl grumbled, turning to face me. “I’ll go out and do the trip, you stay here.”

“I can’t let you go alone.”

“I won’t. I’ll go with others. But you have to stay here,” he reasoned, making me frown.

“Why can’t I go with you? I always have ya back,” I argued, but Daryl just shook his head.

“Rick and Carl need someone to watch them. They need comfort. You stay behind and keep a close eye on them, and that goes for whoever else stays here. I’m putting you in charge,” Daryl explained. Oh. In charge wasn’t so bad…

“Okay, but… Just be careful, and come back alive,” I whispered. We had lost too many already.

“I will. Don’t worry about me,” he grinned. Daryl kissed my forehead, then strode up to the group, prepared to dish out instructions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update is a day late! Kinda got a bit busy.

So the thanks for the comments this week goes to: ReadyToFall22, XTeamSammiX, Grump Bunny, HotRanger69, Zombiexlollipop, Average Lifesaver;;, RoadieEm, and KillJoySynner. You guys seriously make my day when you leave your nice comments, so keep 'em coming!

I loved the last episode, did you guys? Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode too!