Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Supply Run

“Where are Glenn and Maggie goin’?” I asked Daryl as I saw the couple getting into a vehicle. We were both outside sharpening the group’s knives, chatting and enjoying the sun, and because I was looking out for Maggie I wanted to know what was going on.

“Baby food supply run,” he replied. “Rick wants to be prepared. It’s fair enough.”

“I’m gonna go with them,” I said while picking up my newly sharpened knife. I stuck it in my holster before standing, Daryl joining my side.

“All right. Be safe,” Daryl told me quietly. I smiled and pulled him into a quick hug.

“I will,” I promised, feeling a bit awkward as I just stood there staring at him. I felt like I should kiss him, but then again, we weren’t dating so it would probably be too weird. Daryl’s eyes shyly darted down to the ground so I took that as my cue to leave. With a last smile, I turned and quickly walked down to the car. “Need a hand?”

“I think we’ve got it,” Glenn said after a pause.

“You sure? Two isn’t very safe. I can wait outside, keep an eye out for any Walkers that the motor attracts,” I suggested, hoping they’d agree. They glanced at each other briefly before Maggie nodded.

“That sounds good, actually,” she smiled. I jumped in the backseat and we were soon let out of the prison and onto the road. There was a decent length drive where we saw quite a few undead on the road, but Glenn managed to swerve them every time. Once Glenn had pulled over, I put my pistol in the back of my jeans and hid it with my shirt, then took my spot right outside the building they were going into. They were very efficient and came out pretty quickly with a basket full of formula. I hadn’t spotted a single Walker, fortunately, so headed to the car to get back in.

“Hold it!” an unfamiliar voice called and I spun around. Glenn and Maggie both dropped the baby food and turned, guns focused on the stranger who was approaching us. He looked so menacing, since he was missing a hand and had replaced it with a sharp blade. The man started laughing and began to lower his gun.

“Glenn! Nice to see you again!” he called out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I completely forgot to update. I am so sorry! Hopefully I'll remember this Saturday to update! The next chapter will be longer and be interesting, as you can probably tell.

Thanks to my commenters: HotRanger69, sillyfrancais, jcov__, TheGoodLlama, Zombiexlollipop and Sarahlamppost.

Glad you guys were upset about Merle too, and thought Daryl's reaction was heartbreaking. What do you think about the finale? :O