Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Put Ya Gun Down, Sista

“You know him?” Maggie asked before I could in a hushed voice.

“Don’t come any closer! I will shoot you!” Glenn ordered as the man put his gun down on the ground.

“I think we should get out of here,” I whispered. The stranger was making me uncomfortable, and I didn’t want to risk our lives unnecessarily.

“Is my brother alive? Is he still with you?” the man called out, the smile never leaving his face. Despite Glenn’s words, he was still slowly walking towards us.

“Get in the car. Both of you. Start the engine. We need to leave,” Glenn murmured. Maggie started moving to the other side while I opened the driver’s door and got in. I kept one eye on the stranger, not wanting him to take away our advantage. He was still talking to Glenn as I started the engine. Maggie opened her door, but then she screamed and disappeared behind it. I leaped across into the other seat while grabbing my gun and pointed it outside, seeing the one-handed man had caught Maggie and was holding his blade to her throat. I took the safety off and aimed straight at the man’s head. Glenn was also on this side of the car, panicking.

“Let her go,” I growled. The man didn’t budge. “I’m not afraid to shoot you.”

“I can still kill her before ya do,” he replied. He unfortunately had a good point. If I saw him moving to slit Maggie’s throat, I wouldn’t be able to fire in time. And I could possibly shoot Maggie instead, which would be disastrous. “How about you both put your guns down and we go for a drive, huh?”

“All right. Just don’t hurt her, otherwise you’re a dead man, Merle,” Glenn said in the strongest voice he could manage. I still heard him wavering a little, and I felt pity. My eyes widened as suddenly I realised who this possibly was. The missing hand, the badass attitude, the name…

“Merle? As in Daryl kind of Merle?” I asked Glenn, keeping my gun pointed at the stranger.

“Yeah. That’s him,” Glenn nodded, putting his gun on the ground. Daryl’s big brother was about to kidnap us. I finally meet some of his family and this is the circumstance…

“Put ya gun down, sista. I ain’t got all day,” Merle snapped at me. I did as he said, flicking the safety back on before tossing the gun outside the vehicle. “Any other weapons? Out here too.” I chucked my knife outside too, and Glenn did the same. Merle then made Glenn be the driver and forced me to sit in the front seat. He took the back with Maggie, keeping his blade near her throat the whole time. We drove straight to his camp, and there was nothing we could do about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So you guys guessed it: Merle's taking Mandy to Woodbury too. I'll admit, I originally didn't write it like this, but then this way turned out to be far more interesting, so I really hope you enjoy Merle in this story.

Thank you HotRanger69, TARDISblue, GodWhatAGoodName, Zombiexlollipop, Kasey J Vengeance, and XTeamSammiX for your comments on the last chapter, and also thanks to everyone who has rec'ed this story!

I was super sad to see Andrea go because I really liked her, and I also felt disappointed in the episode as a finale episode. It just lacked that special something for me.

How are you guys going to deal with the break until the next season??? One way you could do it is by checking out this awesome contest. It's easy to conjure up an idea or two for it :)