Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

We Both Just Want to See Him Again

I was roughly handled and tied up to a chair in a dark building. The people on the streets of the walled off town didn’t seem to care about what was happening to me. They just kept their distance and let the men with the guns deal with us prisoners. I wished so badly that I hadn’t gone with them. Sure, they still would have been captured, but at least I would have gotten to stay with Daryl, to see him for one last time, to tell him that I wasn’t pregnant so he didn’t have to worry, to kiss him… Damn, I should have kissed him before I left… And now I was trapped, probably going to be dead soon, and it was all because of his big brother. The world really was sick and twisted.

Merle came in after a while and brought a chair with him. He placed it with the back to me, then straddled the chair and stared at me. It was very creepy, the way he seemed to be eying me up, but I kept a straight face. I had to remain strong.

“Glenn told me that Daryl’s still alive,” Merle said before pausing. I didn’t reply, so he continued. “He also said that you’re his girlfriend. Is that true?”

“I don’t think girlfriend would be the right word for it, but yeah, you could say that,” I answered. Hopefully if he knew I was involved with his brother, he wouldn’t kill me. I was planning on asking to speak with Merle whenever someone came in, but luckily he was the one to come in and talk to me anyway.

“Ya see, I don’t really believe that. How does my baby brother end up getting someone as hot as you, Blondie?” he continued with a drawl, staring down at my chest that was slightly exposed by the oversized shirt I was wearing.

“I guess it’s just because he’s so good in bed,” I told him, partially lying. There was so much more to Daryl than that. Merle gave a quick chuckle.

“So am I, especially considering I’m missing a hand. How about ya get with me? Maybe we could work somethin’ out, and I can get you free.”

“One Dixon is enough for me,” I replied with a smile, trying to stay positive and to cover up my fear of him. This was more of a conversation than an ‘I’m about to kill you’ kind of talk, and I wanted to keep it that way.

“So it is true? He is alive?” Merle repeated.

“Yes.”

“Can you take me to him?” he asked in an icy tone, the smile and friendliness gone. Merle’s face was as cold as stone, and he once again intimidated me. I thought over his words. Could I? That would be such a risk, especially since he didn’t seem to care about Maggie or Glenn’s wellbeing. I couldn’t just bring him back to the prison. And what if others followed him and attacked and killed everyone? I couldn’t risk it.

“There would have to be conditions,” I eventually said, knowing it wouldn’t be what he’d want to hear.

“My conditions,” Merle stated.

“Mine.”

“You might want to reconsider,” he informed me as he stood. “We both just want to see him again. I’m sure we can make it happen.” Merle then left the room with his chair, leaving me in silence to rethink everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
First, I'd just like to promote my new Dixon brothers fan fiction, Skin Deep. It's a lot different to this story, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it. Please read and comment on it. It's only one (long) chapter in so far, but more will come soon and I promise you'll enjoy reading :)

What do you think Mandy will do? Will she take Merle to the prison or keep her mouth shut?

Thank you HotRanger69, Zombiexlollipop, XTeamSammiX, Sarahlamppost, albluerose, and DressedInDecay for the comments on the last chapter! Your comments are what keep the updates coming!