Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

The Firing Line

“I’m so sorry,” Maggie sobbed when I came into her view. “I really had no choice!”

“You did! You could have let us, three people, die instead of us and the rest of the group!” I shouted. I was so disappointed and infuriated. Judging by the look of Glenn, he had endured a decent amount of torture, and now it was all for nothing. Maggie had screwed everything up. Merle soon threw me onto the ground, and Maggie and Glenn followed. They started whispering their last words to each other, but I just stared at the ground, wishing I could just see Daryl for one last time. All I wanted to do was tell him thank you for everything that he had done for me. I owed him my life. I was willing to give up my life to protect him and the others. He just meant so much to me…

My thoughts were interrupted by an ear-shattering bang. My brain seemed to be rattling around inside my skull, and when I turned around I could only see smoke. Hands grabbed me and hastily pulled me up before shoving me forwards. I ran for my life. Once we were out of the smoke I saw Rick. Relief flooded my body. I was going to be safe! Rick passed me an automatic gun and then urged me forwards. We took cover in a seemingly abandoned building, and finally I saw Daryl. Once it was certain we were safe for a moment, I crawled across the floor and flung myself into his arms. Daryl let out a sigh of relief as he hugged me back, his grip tight and comforting.

“Mandy… Why is your shirt on backwards?” he whispered. My heart skipped a beat as I pulled away, checking the oversized shirt and noticing it was indeed on backwards.

“It was your brother… He forced me to take it off and he touched me… He wanted to know where you were, but I wouldn’t tell him, so he put me in the firing line but then you showed up,” I replied, catching everyone’s attention including a dark-skinned woman who I’d never seen before.

“My brother? Merle is here?” Daryl stammered. “I- I have to go see him!”

“No! Did you not listen to what I said? He’s dangerous!” I hissed, grabbing his arm to stop him from moving away.

“Daryl! We need you! You’ve gotta stick to the plan so we all get out of here alive!” Rick ordered. Daryl seemed to come to his senses and he nodded. His eyes went briefly out of focus, creating his calm lost in though expression, before his head snapped towards me.

“He put his hands on you?” he breathed, his tone full of anger. I nodded. “Bastard… I’ll make him pay for that.” I watched his fists clench around his crossbow, his face the most tense I’d ever seen it.

“All right, we need to move. Everyone ready?” Rick asked while looking around the small group. His eyes fell on Daryl last. “Stick together. Let’s go.” Daryl nodded and off we went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so basically my chapters are kinda starting to run out, but we still have to wait until October before I can technically write more. The show ended right in the middle of a fight with the Governor, really, rather than a few months break, so I don't want to write about all this time passing when it probably won't happen. So I have a question for all you readers.

Would you rather me keep on updating this weekly until I run out of chapters, and then there's a big pause until October, OR, should I update slower so there won't be such a large gap?

Please leave a comment with your opinion! I really don't know which would be best!

As always, I want to thank my lovely commenters: XTeamSammiX, HotRanger69, RoadieEm, DressedInDecay, Zombiexlollipop, and Sarahlamppost. I'm glad you guys hated Merle in that last chapter - that's how I wanted it XD Can't wait to hear what you think of this chapter, and what you think will happen next!