Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Numb

Shortly afterwards, Rick interrupted us. He had a plan and we had to get moving. Everyone packed everything away just in case it didn’t work and we couldn’t return to the prison. Then we sent the children and the baby away with Hershel to wait in the forest; another precaution Rick was adamant about. Glenn, Maggie, and Carol waited on the walkway while the rest of us delved further into the prison, capturing Walkers for the attack we knew was moments away. Sure enough, the Governor brought his people to the prison and attempted to find us, but we had left no trace. Eventually they moved into the dark hallways and we gave them a surprise attack. Daryl threw flash bangs and I switched on the shrieking alarm. Michonne, Axel and Rick guided the Walkers to them, and before we knew it we had won. They fled our home, and we won.

Afterwards the group was divided on what the next action should be, but it was decided that Rick would take Michonne, Daryl and I to Woodbury. On the way we found the Governor had slaughtered his people, leaving only one alive. We took her, Karen, to Woodbury and found other survivors we had briefly encountered before. This time they were much less hostile and they let us into Woodbury.

Then we stumbled upon the mystery of Andrea’s location, and after searching some seemingly abandoned rooms we found her. Michonne rushed in, tossing aside her blade and falling to her friend’s side. I was the last in and I collapsed when I saw the massive bite on her shoulder. My tears fell instantly and I was lost for words. This was without a doubt the end for her.

“I’m so glad you found them,” Andrea breathed to Michonne with reference to our group. I saw Michonne was weeping too, but doing her best to be brave and hold her tears back. How she wasn’t a mess like me, I didn’t know. Michonne barely nodded as Andrea turned her head slowly to face me.

“Is she your friend too?” Andrea asked. I hesitated with uncertainty. Michonne was a powerful woman who I had come to trust, but I had never really considered her a friend.

“You could say that,” I said, taking Michonne’s silence as agreement.

“Please… Look after each other for me… Stick together, fight, and stay strong,” Andrea told me feebly, perhaps starting to give in to the infection.

“Of course,” I replied, taking my eyes off Andrea for a split second to glance at Michonne. She gave an acknowledging yet weak smile and I knew we would both honour Andrea’s last wish.

“Thank you,” she breathed. Andrea eventually asked for a gun and Rick stood to leave, Michonne not wanting to leave her side. Daryl placed a hand on my shoulder and I trembled with a loud sob.

“I can’t…” I trailed off, meeting Andrea’s eyes.

“I know,” she whispered.

“I won’t forget you,” I added as I let Daryl heave me up off the floor. With one last look at my friend, I allowed him to lead me out of the room. Rick shut the door and I latched myself onto Daryl for physical and mental support. He embraced me and kept me steady, letting me cry into his chest as he soothingly rubbed my back. I became numb after I heard the echoing bang. Rick and Tyreese rescued the elderly and some children. I spent the ride back to the prison weeping in the backseat with Michonne, and once we arrived Daryl guided me to our room. I didn’t leave for days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you HotRanger69, tajeenharlee, and Pull_The_Trigger for the comments on the last update. Sorry for the delay - I had two exams one day after the other to study for, so kinda forgot about updating my stories...

I felt rather disappointed with TWD's premiere, to be honest. It just lacked something for me. Not to mention Daryl is now being styled as a hot, dark, mysterious guy and it's bugging me. So I guess I'll give it another episode or two, but I dunno if I'll keep this story going... I just don't have much passion left for the story or its characters.