You're Not My Type of Monster

Half Breed

Another year, another music festival. It seems like they make me travel further and further every time. Last year, it was in god damn Toronto, Canada. Now, we're in Dublin, Ireland. Vic and I have made a bet about how many leprechauns we'll end up meeting here. He says three hundred, and I think that's a lot for one week of being here. Then again, this is Ireland, and it is a music festival for creatures of the night.

"Come on, Junie! You're going on in twenty minutes!" Vic shouts from the front of the bus.

I groan and sit up in my bunk. Most of his band mates are out socializing by now. Surprisingly, demons like to talk a lot.

My set tonight is going to be all piano and acoustic stuff. Mostly covers, as usual for an unsigned artist like me, and one or two original songs. Climbing out of the bunk, I get the sick sense that something bad will happen tonight, and I'm always right.

That's the curse of being a psychic.

I sigh and walk to the bathroom, grabbing my clothes on the way.

As I lock the door, I slide my shirt off, feeling sick at the sight of my scarred and skinny body. I change quickly, making sure I can avoid the sight.

Vic slams his fist on the door. "Fifteen minutes!"

Now in a rush, I yell, "I know!" My hair is brushed quickly and my make-up done in a snap. When I step out of the bathroom, Vic shoves my guitar into my hands and, using his almost scary speed, sits me onto the floor and ties my tennis shoes onto my feet.

"Control freak," I mutter under my breath, but he hears me and hisses at me.

"You're always a few minutes late for these things. Not this time!" He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the bus, and yanks me along to the stage I'm performing at.

'You're doing piano for me, right?" I ask. He nods so I give him a run down of the songs we're doing.

The band playing before me in Bring Me the Horizon, so the crowd is definitely going to be pumped up. Yet the songs I'm playing aren't energizing at all.

When we get there, they're finishing up Diamonds Aren't Forever, and I can see people flying from the mosh pit. It's pretty brutal.

They exit stage, giving us five minutes to set up. The singer, Oli Sykes, stops me before I go towards the stage.

"You're covering Don't Go for me tonight, right?" he asks, giving me puppy eyes.

Smiling at him, I say, "Of course!"

"Yay!" he exclaims, kissing my cheek and running off towards the crowd so he can watch. I laugh and walk onto the stage, seeing Vic at the piano already.

When I walk on stage, to my surprise, there's a large amount of screaming and whistling. Then again, that always surprises me. I wave and walk over to the little stool I always sit on. After everyone calms down, I lean in towards the microphone and say, "Hello, everyone!"

That's followed by more screaming.

"Wow, I feel kinda lame since a band that makes peoples shoes fly off in a mosh pit just got off stage. I may need to step it up a notch!" I look out into the crowd and wink, since that's my trademark.

Vic starts to play the piano and I take a deep breath, ready to sing.

When I sing, I open up my heart. No one knows it but mind readers and the people I let into my mind, but each song I chose to play has at least one lyric that gets to me. The first song I'm doing is Stay Away From My Friends.

"Waking up your neighbors downstairs, I've been inside your bedroom a thousand years. And as you tie me to the bed for good I say that I want you in the most unromantic way," and this leads to cheers.

"Louisiana, you're torturing me with a beautiful face. Ana come on, I thought we had a damn good thing. A penny in the couch and a diamond ring. So baby stay away from my friends, 'cause I need them to carry me. When it's over, I'll count back from ten, and you can listen to glass hearts shattering."

The emotions start to get to me at this point and I know that the verse after the chorus will make me cry on stage. "I don't know how you got into me, down my throat and made a home in my veins. They used to be the rivers that would take us away, but now you only call me every Christmas and my birthday. I still can't believe how you look next to me, just like a strip club bedroom scene. Baby stay away from my friends, 'cause I need them to carry me. When it's over, I'll count back from ten, and you can listen to something that you've never heard before."

As predicted, my voice gets stronger here, but the tears make me shake. "But you don't know what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night, scaring the thought of kissing razors. This blood evacuation is telling me to cave in. Stay away. Oh no. Just stay away from my friends."

Vic continues the piano, and once he stops, there's a pause. Suddenly, there's an eruption of clapping.

That's all I need to keep going for the night.

Once I finish my set, I walk off of the stage and hear someone calling my name from close by.

"Juniper!"

I furrow my eyebrows and turn around.

Behind me is a blonde boy with bright blue eyes. But something about him is off.

He comes closer and says, "I really like your voice! I'm Niall, Niall Horan."

The name is familiar. How do I know it? I step forward and stick my hand out for him to shake. "Juniper Storm. Do I know you from somewhere?"

"No, I'm actually in a very popular group," and he takes my hand. His is as cold as ice. "One Direction."

My eyes grow. I know who, well, more like what, One Direction is. I clench my teeth. "Vampire."

The boy, Niall, looks down and seems a bit ashamed that I know what he is. "Yeah... I know."

I've never met a vampire. Ever. Not until right now.

"Can you please just, maybe, look past that? A lot of people here have reacted like this... I just want to talk to you." His eyes are pleading, and for some reason, I give in.

"Not out here. I don't want everyone thinking that I'm okay with half breeds like you being near me," I hiss, pulling him away to the bus I'm sharing with Pierce The Veil. I open the door and see that no one is on. Yanking him onto the bus, I shut the door again.

He looks rather, well, upset.

"Why do you want to talk to me?" I ask, my tone obviously pissed. Niall takes a seat on the couch, his eyes staying away from mine.

"I just wanted to talk about music. Please, don't be so rude. I didn't ask to be like this. I just want to have one good experience today," he says, his gaze on the ground.

Rolling my eyes, I walk over to him, my face directly in front of his. "Your race is wrong. Demons and humans were never meant to mix," I growl.

He looks up, his face angry. "My friends and I weren't born like this! Someone bit us all one night. It's not our faults! Besides, what the hell do you think psychics like you are? You've got demon in you, too! You're not as pure as you think," he barks.

First, I'm surprised by the sudden spunk and anger he had. But second, I'm appalled, and I feel sick to my stomach.

I knew that already. I knew all about my kind.

My hand smacks across his face before I can comprehend the action, so he pushes me back.

The next thing I know, I'm pinning pop sensation Niall Horan to the ground of my tour bus, in a fight that may or may not be to the death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this is really random but I'm having a lot of fun with it so XDDDD Hahaha this shall be fun as crap.!