Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Prologue

Skylar

"Come on, Star! Hurry!" I shouted to my twin sister as the Police car chased us down the road. Star was catching up as fast as she could, but the Police car was coming for us pretty fast.

This was an everyday thing for us, we always got in trouble. Today we decided to break into an abandoned house. Turns out the sucker had a silent alarm system. As soon as we heard sirens, we started running.

Star finally was beside me and we kept running. I decided to turn down a path in the woods knowing the car couldn't follow us. We heard the sirens stop and we kept running. Once we were at a far distance, we stopped and sat on a rock. I was catching my breath and so was Star.

She shook her head, "That was too close."

I nodded my head agreeing with her, "Mom would of killed us if the cops brought us home again." Like I said, this isn't the first time this has happened to us. We just love having fun and well the law seems to always be in the way of our fun.

We waited a little longer and I nudged Star's shoulder, "Come on, let's go. They're probably long gone by now." We got up from the rock and started walking. We were surrounded by trees and it was perfect to start hitting my drum sticks on them.

I put my hand to my back pocket to grab my drum sticks, but they weren't there. I stopped walking and started to panic. Star became confused, "Skye, what's wrong?"

"My drum sticks must of fallen out of my pocket." I said, deciding to head back and look for them.

Star stopped me, "Are you crazy?! If the cops are still there, they can nail us. We can come back for them tomorrow morning. Let's just get home now."

I shook my head, "No, Star. I need my drum sticks." Those things were my babies. I wasn't going to leave them on the ground overnight when someone could steal them.

I started to jog back to the entrance and I heard Star groan heavily for behind. She followed, none the less. Once we were at the entrance, I found them laying on the grass.

"Ah hah!" I said with a smile forming on my lips. I reached down to grab them when a hand grabbed my arm, "Gotcha." My eyes raised up to see a police officer holding my arm with a smirk on his face.

Another Police officer grabbed my sister's arms and cuffed her hands behind her back. The officer holding my arm did the same thing. I still managed to get my drum sticks though.

Once we were in the back of the police car, Star shook her head at me. "I told you! Mom is going to kill us." I bowed my head knowing she was right. There's nothing we can do about it now.

The cops escorted us home and took us up to the front door. One officer knocked on the door. A couple seconds passed and our Mom opened the door. Shock crossed her face and once she saw us in cuffs, she became furious.

"These your daughters, Ma'am?" The officer asked.

Our Mom nodded, "Unfortunately, yes." Ouch.

He sighed, "Well, they broke into an abandoned house on Steeler Street. They fled as soon as we got there. We caught them in the woods."

"I apologize for their actions, Officer. They will not see the light of day, I can promise you that." She said while glaring between Star and myself.

They un-cuffed us and looked at us, "Try to stay out of trouble."

That was impossible. Trouble finds us. I looked at Star and she was thinking the same thing. We walked into the house and our Mom shut the door behind us.

"4th time! That is the 4th time you guys got escorted home from the police! What were you thinking? Why did you even go in there?!" She started her usual banter off.

I shrugged and looked at Star to answer. She did the same, "We were bored."

Our Mom didn't like that answer too much, "So you broke into an abandoned house? I thought I raised you better than this?" She started to pace and I bit the inside of my lip wondering what was coming next.

She stopped and glared as us, "You know what? I am sick of this! I ground you guys, take away everything and you still get into trouble! I'm done! I'm sending you two to live with your Father!"

"Our what?!" Star and I asked at the same time.

Mom nodded her head, "You heard me. I've been talking to him the past couple of days and he is more than willing to take you guys in."

I shook my head, "You can't do that! We don't even know who he is!"

"His name is James Sullivan and he lives in Huntington Beach California where you will be living from now on." Mom said the words that are going to change our lives forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was the prologue. ♥ Chapter One should be up soon. I've always wanted to do a story like this, so let me know what you think so far?