Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Chapter Two

Skylar

After we all got done eating pizza, Jimmy took us on a tour of his house. I seriously can't believe how huge his house is. It's like our house times 10. We ended up in the basement where I found all of his drumming equipment

I was completely aw stuck. I couldn't even breathe.

"Like what you see?" Jimmy asked while draping an arm over my shoulder.

A smile formed on my lips as I nodded, "I see where I get my talent from now."

He chuckled, "Well go on, show me what you got."

I took my hot pink drum sticks out of my pocket and walked behind the kit. I sat on the stool and took a deep breath. Everyone was watching me and I wasn't sure what I was going to play. So, I decided to just get a beat going.

I warmed a bit and started going crazy on them. It felt so good to play. I usually can't go an hour without playing and it's already been like 8.

Once I finished, everyone started clapping. I smiled shyly and Jimmy rushed over to me, "Skye, you really are my kid." He said with the biggest smile on his face. He pulled me into a hug and I felt like this was where I belonged.

He let go and held his hand out, "Let me see your drum sticks, I wanna show you something."

I handed them to him hesitantly, but he just gave me a smile. He walked over to a shelf and grabbed his own pair of drum sticks. He came back over to me and held one of his drum sticks out.

"See this." Jimmy pointed to the initials J.S carved into the stick and I nodded. He took my drum stick and grabbed a knife. He scraped some of the pink paint off and I was about to yell, but then I noticed the same J.S carved into mine.

A grin formed onto my lips and I raised my head to look into his crystal blue eyes, "You gave these to me?"

He nodded, "Your Mom used to keep in touch with me when you guys were younger and she kept saying you were hitting everything with a stick. I told her to buy you a drum kit and I mailed you these drum sticks. Your Mom just painted over them, I see."

I was staring at my drum sticks in complete shock. My Dad gave these to me. He really was there for me. He's like exactly like me. He knows what it's like to be a drummer and wanted to hit everything you see.

Tears were forming in my eyes and I tried to hide them. Of course, Jimmy noticed, "Skye. I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?"

"No, I just.. You care about me. Growing up, I always thought you didn't care, because you never were around." I said while wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

Jimmy pulled me into a hug and patted my back, "I've always cared, sweetie."

Star

Seeing them have their little moment was really getting to me. I know it was jealousy getting the best of me, but I couldn't help it. I rushed back up the stairs in hopes of getting away from everybody. I decided to go outside and get some air. The tears were already forming in my eyes and I didn't need anyone's sympathy.

I turned the corner and bumped into someone, "Sorry." I mumbled and tried to get past the person.

"Star, what's wrong?" I recognized to person as Brian.

I tried to keep my face hidden, "It's nothing, I'm fine."

He didn't believe me and was about to say something, but he got cut off by Skye, Jimmy and the others laughing while coming up the stars. Brian looked at them and back at me.

It clicked in his head, "Come on, let's go up in your room and you can show me some of your guitar skills like you promised."

A sniffle escaped my nose and I nodded. We headed up into my room that Jimmy showed me earlier. It was pretty plain, but he said we could do anything we wanted to our rooms.

I pulled my guitar out of it's case and sat on the bed. Brian sat next to me and I grabbed a pic out of the millions of pics that I had. I looked up at him, "What do you want to hear?"

"What can you play?" He asked while smirking.

That made me shrug, "I know a lot of rock songs. Anywhere from Metallica to Pantera."

He smiled, clearly impressed, "Let me hear the riff to Cowboys From Hell."

I started to smile since that was one of my favorites from Pantera. I angled my pic between my fingers and let it take control. The beautiful noise escaped from my guitar and I smiled in amazement.

Once I finished, Brian was grinning at me, "You're amazing, kiddo. You remind me of myself when I was younger."

I sat my guitar on the bed, "I'm glad someone likes me."

He frowned, "What do you mean? Is that why you were upset? You don't think Jimmy or the others like you?" When I didn't respond, he took that as a yes.

Brian sighed heavily, "Star, don't think that. They all love you just as much as Skylar. Now, they're all just freaking out, because Skylar and Jimmy are just a like. Give em' some time and they'll come around."

"Exactly. Skylar and Jimmy should be the fuckin' twins! They are all buddy/buddy and it's like I don't even exist. It's okay, though. I've dealt with it my whole life. Skylar was always the popular one, everyone always likes her more." I said while rubbing my eyes. Brian did not need to see me cry.

He pulled me into a hug, "Hey, it's okay. Jimmy isn't going to favorite anyone between you two-"

I cut him off, "He already has. I don't even want to be here any longer. I wish I could just go home, even though my Mom hates us."

Brian let go of me, "Alyssa hates you guys?" He asked confusedly.

"You know my Mom's name? and why else would she ship us off to Daddy dearest." I said while rolling my eyes.

He took a deep breath and exhaled, "Your Mom and I used to have a little thing between us. That's actually one of the reasons she left."

Suddenly I was really interested in this subject, "What happened?"

"Well, Your Mom and Dad were dating for about 4 years. She got really annoyed with Jimmy's partying and came to me for comfort. We had a thing and I will regret it to the day I die. Jimmy found out and went ballistic on me. I deserved it, but then Alyssa got back with Jimmy and a few weeks later, she told us she was pregnant. She didn't want you guys to grow up in our environment. She wanted better for you two, so she left." Brian explained to me and I was in shock.

I shook my head, "Wow. I had no clue that even happened."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, so I don't think she hates you guys."

"She told us she can't handle us getting into trouble anymore, so she wanted to send us off to Jimmy." I said while running a hand through my hair.

Brian started to smirk, "Got us a trouble maker on our hands, don't we?"

That made me roll my eyes, "We're not that bad. Haven't been in jail yet. We've come close, but we got out of it."

Brian was about to say something, but was cut off by couple knocks on my door. The door opened and Matt walked in. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Star was showing me some of her guitar skills." Brian said.

Matt smiled showing off a set of dimples, they made me want to smile, "You any good?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm decent." I said quietly.

Brian scoffed, "She's a guitar god."

"Just like her.." Matt mumbled something under his breath that I didn't hear, but clearly Brian did, because he was glaring at him.

Matt grinned, "Show me what you got, kid."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
KCSavege
WhiskeyKitty
Brusnop-is-real
You guys rock!♥

What do you think so far? Any predictions to what might happen next?