Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Chapter Three

Star

It was the next day and I got no sleep what so ever. I had insomnia growing up and I would have to take pills for it, but I stopped taking them last year, because they weren't helping. I looked at the clock that was on my end table. The digits said it was 5:38am. A sigh escaped my lips as I got out of bed.

I assumed I would be the only one up, so I headed down the stairs quietly. To my surprise I found Jimmy in the Kitchen failing at making breakfast.

"Dammit! Why do you keep burning?!" He cursed to himself and I let out a quiet chuckle. He heard and turned around. He seemed a little relieved, "Thank god, I thought you were a robber or something."

That made me roll my eyes and he looked at me curiously, "What are you doing up so early? It's summer, I figured you'd be sleeping till 12."

"Couldn't sleep." I said, which was true. I didn't want to tell him about my insomnia though.

Jimmy smiled brightly, "Why don't you help me cook breakfast then?"

I shrugged, "Sure, why not." I said and walked over to the stove. I noticed what he was doing wrong. I grabbed the spatula out of his hand and turned the flame down some.

"Pour the batter in the pan now." I instructed him and he did so. It sizzled a little bit and I waited a minute. I then flipped the pancake, so it would cook on the other side.

Jimmy was looking at me in aw, "How did you do that?"

This made me chuckle, he clearly didn't know how to cook. I picked up the pancake and placed it on the plate next to the stove, "You can't have the flame on high and you don't just let one side of the pancake cook. You let it cook for a minute or so until it's brown, then you flip it."

Jimmy smiled at me, "You're just like your Mom. She loved to cook when we were together. I could never make her breakfast in the morning, I would always burn it."

I chuckled and nodded, "She still loves to cook. She would never let us go to School without eating a homemade breakfast."

His smile disappeared, "How is she?"

"Fine, from what I can tell. I haven't called her yet, because I don't really feel like talking to her." I said while leaning up against the counter.

Jimmy smiled apologetically at me, "Sweetie, I know you're upset that you're living with me now, but I want you to know that I've always loved you and your sister. If your Mom would of let me be in your guys' lives, then I would have been."

Before I could say anything else, I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Brian walked in with messy hair, "Something smells good."

"I was failing at making breakfast, but Star helped me. She's a great cook." Jimmy said with ruffling my hair. I glared a bit, because I hate when people touch my hair.

Brian mused, "Hmm, just like her Mother, I see."

I finished making breakfast while Jimmy and Brian talked. I was shocked to see Brian up so early. He went to be only like 20 minutes before I did. Jimmy was actually a pretty cool guy. I'm glad he cares about us and maybe staying with him wasn't so bad.

Breakfast was done and Jimmy set the table up. Once he was done, he turned to me with the biggest smile on his face, "What do you say you and I go get some ice cream after breakfast?"

"It's like 6 in the morning.." I chuckled at his suggestion.

He wasn't phased, "Your point?"

That made me laugh a little more, but he was making an attempt to get to know me, so I figured there was no harm. I nodded my head, "Sure, I guess."

Jimmy smiled, "Sweet."

I noticed Brian smiling at me and I started to feel like he had something to do with it. I just shrugged it off and sat down at the table. A couple minutes later, Skye and the rest of the guys walked into the kitchen. Everyone stayed over last night, because of how late we were up.

Right on the spot Skye and Jimmy were talking and laughing. I listened to their conversation and even jumped in on it, because I was realizing Jimmy wasn't the bad guy in all of this. My Mom really was.

Breakfast was over and I was really excited to be able to get to know my Dad a little more. Just as I sat my dish in the sink I heard Skye ask Jimmy if he could help her with something on the drums. I was waiting for him to say no, because we have plans.

"Sure, I'll be right down." Jimmy said in a chipper voice.

I just kind of stood there, waiting for him to remember.

"Oh, crap." Jimmy muttered and turned around. I sighed in relief knowing he remembered we had to go get ice cream. He walked past me and grabbed a water bottle, "Can't be thirsty why I'm teaching, now can I?" Skye laughed and they walked down the stairs.

Brian looked at me, "Star.."

I just shook my head, "It's fine. I didn't want ice cream anyways." What I did want was a chance to get to know my Dad.

The rest of the guys seemed pretty confused and Brian decided to fill them in on it. I was being nice and cleaning up the Kitchen while he was doing so. Matt walked over to me, "Hey, Jimmy doesn't mean to do that. He has AD/HD so, he gets a little distracted at times."

"So does Skye." I said quietly, informing myself that they have another thing in common.

Brian butted in, "Hey, how about I take you to get ice cream? I can tell you anything you want to know about guitars, unless it's about the names of the technical stuff, because I have no fucking clue when it comes to that."

I laughed and nodded, "Alright, sure."

Matt was giving Brian a look, "Why don't you just go remind Jimmy about his plans?"

I decided to butt in, "No, I don't want to upset Skye. It's fine, I can just hang out with him later, I guess."

Brian nodded, "Yeah, Matt. She can hang out with him later."

They were acting really strange, but we headed out.

Skylar

Jimmy was trying to teach me how to keep my speed up, when Matt walked down the stairs. He was kind of scary when I first met him, but he's pretty funny and a cool guy.

"You know you were suppose to take Star to get ice cream, right?" Matt asked while leaning up against the wall next to us.

I looked at Jimmy and he cursed himself, "Shit, I forgot. Is she upset?"

He shook his head, "No, Brian took her instead."

Jimmy tensed up and I realized he didn't like the idea of my sister going to get ice cream with Brian. I had no clue why, though. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. They all did.

"I'll have a talk with him later. Go ahead Skye, continue." He said and he was no longer in a good mood. I sighed and hoped I could brighten it somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
recluse-
Mari_Raven
kierstlovesyou
WhiskeyKitty
xXcrazy-desiXx