Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Chapter Four

Skylar

My drumming lesson with Jimmy ended early and I had a gut feeling it had to do with my sister. This always happens. She can never be happy with what she has. She's known to be jealous at times. Growing up, I tried teaching her drums and when she couldn't understand it, she didn't talk to me for a week.

I was currently sitting in the huge living room, hitting my drum sticks on the coffee table. Everyone was outside, so no one had a problem with my noise. When I heard the front door open, I stopped drumming and listened.

Laughter filled the hallway and I recognized it as Star's laugh. Sure enough, her and Brian walked into the living room. I started to frown and Star noticed, "Where is everyone?"

"Outside and Brian." I looked at him, "I think Jimmy wants to talk to you." He got a little confused at first, but ruffled Star's hair, "See ya later, kiddo." Star gave him a soft smile and he left the room.

As soon as I heard the patio door close, I glared at Star, "You couldn't just let it be, could you?" I asked while shaking my head.

Star's eyebrows rose, "What are you talking about, Skye?"

"Jimmy is spending more time with me, so you have to go spend time with his best friend to get him jealous-"

She wouldn't even let me finish that sentence. She walked over to me in 3 strides, "Skye, I have nothing in common with him. Nothing! I can barely have a fricken conversation with him."

I shrugged my shoulders, "You guys have to have something in common. He's our Dad. Just try and talk to him, get to know him."

Star was taken back by this, "Do you not see what I'm trying to do?! I am trying to get to know him, but-"

"I'm in the way." I finished her sentence and she got quiet.

A sigh escaped my lips, "I'm sorry, Star. I'll try to give Jimmy some space, maybe that way you two can get to know each other."

She shook her head, "No, Skye. That's not fair, you adore him. I can't let you do that. Like you said he's our father. You deserve to have that father/daughter relationship."

"So do you." I pointed out.

Star shrugged her shoulders a bit, "Mine might take a little longer, but seeing you this happy makes me happy." She said with a smile forming on her lips.

That made me smile, "Aw, Star!" I walked over to her and we embraced in a hug. She gave an agitated groan which caused me to roll my eyes. She always hated hugs or kisses.

When I let go, I started to grin at her, "So do you like Brian?"

She made a look of disgust, "Ew! Gross! He's like our Uncle!"

"He's not blood-related." I said while winking at her.

Star wrinkled her nose, "I don't care, I still think that's weird."

I narrowed my gaze on her, "So you're telling me you don't think any of the guys are hot?" I asked while smirking.

"Well, I do think Matt's kind of cute." She said with an innocent shrug. I made a gagging noise and she glared at me, "What? Are you going to say Johnny's cuter?"

Another gagging noise escaped my lips, "Fuck that. I was thinking more like Zack." A smile formed on my lips and a grimace formed on Star's lips. We may be sisters, but when it came to taste in men, we were completely opposite.

***


Star

I had just gotten out of the shower and I wanted to get some water before I went to bed. As I headed downstairs I heard Jimmy and Brian's voice. I didn't want to interrupt them by walking by so, I decided to wait.

"Jimmy, I can't fucking do it anymore." Brian confessed and I started to wonder what was up with him. He seemed fine when we were getting ice cream.

Jimmy sighed heavily, "You have to. We made a promise to Alyssa."

My eyes widened and I frowned. What did my Mom have to do with this? A hand was placed on my shoulder and I almost screamed, but I stopped myself when I saw Matt standing behind me.

He made a tsk-tsk sound, "Eavesdropping is bad."

"I wasn't eavesdropping." I said while crossing my arms.

Matt rolled his eyes, "Yeah and I don't like tattoos. C'mon, let's go see what they are up to." He walked down the stairs making sure his foot made a noise each stair he hit.

That was obvious though, he didn't want me to know what Brian and Jimmy were talking about. I shouldn't care, but it has something do with my Mom, so I'm curious.

I followed Matt into the living room and Jimmy smiled at me, "Hey Star. I thought you were sleeping."

"Needed some water." I said while shrugging my shoulders.

Jimmy walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Here, I'll get you some water." He guided me out of the living room in kind of a rush. We got into the kitchen and he handed me a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Look Star. I'm sorry about earlier today. I just got distracted and I don't want you to feel like I don't like you or anything, because I love you kiddo. You and Skye are both my daughters. I want to treat you equally."

I bit my tongue from saying a smart ass remark and Brian walked in, "I'm calling it a night, Jimmy." He looked at me, "Good night, Star."

Something popped in my head and I decided to ask him real quick, "Brian, do you think you can help me with the guitar solo in Afterlife? I've been wanting to learn it, but I keep fuck- messing up." I correctly my words in front of them which just made them laugh.

Brian nodded, but out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jimmy sending him a glare. He then rubbed the back of his neck, "Uh, maybe. Whenever I get time, I'm kind of busy... painting my house."

"Painting your house?" I questioned him knowing there was a lie in there somewhere. Brian nodded, "Yep, sorry. Catch ya guys later." He walked out of the kitchen and I sighed.

Jimmy patted my shoulder, "Why don't you get some sleep?"

"I don't sleep." I stated and he questioned me on it.

I took a sip of my water and put the cap back on it, "I have insomnia." I said and Jimmy muttered something under his breath, but I didn't know what it was.

Matt who was the last one of the guys here walked into the kitchen, "I'm heading out, Jimmy. I'll see you 3 at my big BBQ?" He asked and Jimmy grinned, "You know I wouldn't fucking miss it for the world."

"Good. Later, Jimmy." He said and then smiled at me, "Bye, Star."

I mumbled a bye and he walked out of the Kitchen leaving me alone with My Dad that I barely know. Jimmy shut the stove light off, "I think I'm going to call it a night. You're more than welcome to stay up and watch TV in the living room if you want." He suggested and I shrugged.

Jimmy ruffled my hair, "Night, kiddo."

"Night." I replied as he walked out of the kitchen.

I leaned up against the counter and sighed heavily. My insomnia was acting up really bad since I wasn't in a place I was used to. I glanced at the time on the stove which said 1:03am. I decided to Jimmy's offer up and go watch some TV.

When I didn't find anything on the TV, I shut it off. I looked around the dark room for a few moments when I spotted Jimmy's iPod on coffee table. I became curious and I picked it up. Thankfully it didn't have a lock on it and I started scanning through his songs.

A smile formed on my lips when I noticed that he liked all the same music I did. I clicked on one of my favorites which was a Metallica song and before I knew it, I was sleeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
BornForVengeance
Jellybean Swag
Mari_Raven
ThisKitty
ClosingYourEyes
CiaraVengeance
WhiskeyKitty
Spoileddxbrat
JustThinking
xXcrazy-desiXx
Soullust
QueenofBatCountry
Thank you all! <3

Just wanna point out there that the girls will not have a thing with any of the guys and I apologize if that upsets you. I just see way too many stories like that and I want to make mine different. c;