Sequel: To Set You Free
Status: Not my best story, but it's finished and there's a sequel. (:

This Burning Room

Tommy

I strummed the last few notes on my guitar before calling it a wrap. My band and I have been practicing all night and into the morning and the only thing I wanted to do now is have my girlfriend come over so we can squash our latest fight.

"I can't believe you're kicking us out just because Elena is coming over," Blaine, the drummer, complains.

"You know that we have shit to straighten out and she doesn't want you assholes in our business," I spit.

"You've already told us everything. What if she asks you to quit the band? You won't be a whipped bitch and do it will you?"

"No, she wouldn't ask that. We're just gonna talk about the fight we had a couple weeks ago."

"Where you called her an ungrateful bitch then she broke up with you and then tried to sleep with Tyler but he turned her down while you were getting into the pants of her best friend," Blaine mocked.

I gave him a dirty look before kicking them out. Yeah, Elena and I had a fucked up relationship. She has trust issues and I tend to act out. It works for us though, no matter how much we hurt each other we always find a way back to one another. We love each other, it's as simple as that.

*

"Lane, stop being such a drama queen. You tried to sleep with Tyler, I don't know why you're putting this all on me," I sigh out of frustration.

"I didn't actually sleep with him Tommy! He wasn't your best friend, I didn't fuck your best friend, you did. Then you tried to deny it, you know that I hate liars," tears were now streaming freely down Elena's face.

I hated myself for causing these tears. All I wanted to do was kiss them away, take away her ear of people leaving her forever. I walk towards her, wrapping my long arms around her whole body, wanting to suffocate the sadness.

"Sh," I hush her cries. "I'm a dick, I know that. You broke up with me and I was mad and hurt, I wanted to get back at you and I wasn't thinking clearly. I'm so sorry baby, forgive me. I love you," My lips press hard against her forehead, both cheeks, lightly on her nose and lastly I crash into her lips.

I knew where this was going when she kissed me back with just as much passion. I place kisses down Elena's neck as she works on the buttons of my pants. I knew that I was once again forgiven. Sex is the one thing that we can do perfectly together, without any flaws or heartbreak. Its just us, in our own little steamy bubble, without the distraction of the world.

*

I wake Elena so she can leave. I don't want her to go, but my family thinks poison pumps in through her veins and that I deserve much better. It's tough trying to balance the family that loves you and helps provide for your dream and a girl that I love more than life.

I watch her scramble around trying find her clothes while I take a seat on my bed and start to play a simple melody. Elena pauses for a beat, I can see her smile. She says my singing makes her happy because it's when I am happiest.

We finish at the same time, her crawling back into my lap. I want to tell her to stay, who cares what my family thinks, who cares what anyone thinks. I love this girl. I don't, I just let her place small kisses on the corners of my lips while I fight with myself.

"Your voice is a turn on Mr. Van Pierce. It makes me want to have my way with you multiple times, in various ways," Elena says seductively while she nibbles down my neck.

"Is that so?" I whip my head in the direction of my door. My mom is leaning on the frame, looking pissed as ever.

I quickly push Elena off of me and scramble off the bed. My mom has caught us in a lot less clothing, but this is still awkward. "Oh shit, mom what are you doing here?"

She gives me a dumb look. I know I'll get shit for this later. "I live here Thomas," shit she is using my full name. "My question is why is this Tramp in my house?"

In a split second Elena is off the bed ready to strike. I quickly pull her back, knowing if I don't there will be a mother girlfriend brawl in my room.

"Don't get your words twisted Celia. My husband didn't leave me because I cheated on him with his boss," I roll my eyes. Elena doesn't need to fight dirty.

"Well at least I'm not the one who was locked up in a mental institution because my life is so fucked up that I can't tell what way is up. I believe that was you. Now get out of my house before I call the cops," my mom smirks.

Elena turns to me, obviously hurt that my mom knows about her trip to the psych ward. I know that she wants me to defend her, but I can't. "You should go, I'll talk to you later."

"No, you won't," Elena says bitterly before body checking my mom on the way out. I wanted to run after her, tell her that I was sorry and that I loved her, but I couldn't move.

I look down at the floor, not wanting to face my mom's disappointing stares. "Thomas, one day you'll wake up without that leach next to you and you'll be happy, you'll call me from Hollywood thanking me for ridding you of all the bullshit that got in your way when you were eighteen."

"She's the one that makes me happy, Mom. Why can't you accept that?"

"The only thing she makes happy is your penis. She isn't good for you, Elena Fraser is trash. Her mom is trash, her dad was trash, that whole family belongs in a dump."

I shake my head, brushing past my mom I leave the house too. I need to forget anything and everyone. I know just the thing to help me, alcohol.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will probably be a short story. I don't want to drag it out. Maybe like ten chapters. Then I'll start a squeal if this goes well. (:

Love Y'all,
Morgan.