Sequel: To Set You Free
Status: Not my best story, but it's finished and there's a sequel. (:

This Burning Room

Elena/Tommy

*Tommy*

I woke up with a raging headache and a bleach blonde stuck like Velcro to my side. I didn't have time for regrets, today was going to be a big day. Today we were going to get signed, by a real record label.

I showered quickly, put on my best professional outfit and headed to the hotel early. The rest of the band met me there. They were just as excited.

Ed Walton is a younger man, though he has a forming bald spot. He is dressed sharply in a pressed black suit.

"Tommy so nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you," he smiled and shook my hand firmly.

"Nice to meet you too, sir," I introduce the band members before we sit down at a huge oval meeting table with big plush seats.

"Let's get down to business shall we?"

The meeting didn't take long. A contract was formed up and everyone agreed with what anybody had to say. Things were signed and more hands were shook. Then is was official. We were going to Hollywood, where Thorn Records is based, at the end of the week. I was going to be a star.

Now the only thing I had to take care of was the one person who meant most to me.

*Elena*

I woke up from my troubled slumber way later than I usually. My eyes were still puffy and red, but I was past caring.

My mom was past out at the kitchen table with a bottle of beer still held tightly in her hand. I made a pot of coffee without disrupting her.

A knock came from the front door.

"Tommy," I said once I opened it, coffee cup in hand.

"Can I come in?"

I hold the door open for him, allowing him back into my house even though my brain is screaming no.

"Go ahead to my room," I wake up mom mom and help her to her room for proper sleep.

Tommy is looking at all of the photos in my room. Mostly of him and I, but there are some of friends, and of my dad.

When I shut the door, Tommy turns to me. Confusion cloud his eyes.

"I love you, you know that?" He says.

I diminish the space between us and close the gap between our lips. I knew that this was it.

*Tommy*

Sex normally fixed everything. Not this time though. I knew that Elena was going to be super pissed for sleeping with a stripper then sleeping with her. I can't ask her to make our relationship work when I would be on the other side of the country.

"Sing to me," Elena whispers, cuddling into my chest.

"And you know that we're doomed. My dear, We're slow dancing in a burning room," I finish. The song is fitting, though it's Elena's favorite song. When she told me, I think she was trying to tell me something.

I kindly push Elena off of me and start to get dressed. I couldn't do this. Elena gets dressed with me.

We stood and looked awkwardly at each other. The war inside myself was threatening to tear me apart.

"I know," Elena whispers. I didn't need a further explanation.

"I got signed. It wouldn't be fair to you. You just graduated high school. You're going to college in the summer. I love you, I do. More than life. That's why I'm doing this. We aren't good for each other."

"I love you too," tears streamed down Elena's face.

I sighed deeply. I didn't want to do this. It felt wrong. Maybe the boys were right, I'm just crying wolf. "Maybe we can do this? We can try the long distance relationship thing. I love you, I don't want to lose you, ever."

"No. We need to do this. We both need a clean slate. I want you to go have fun. Go be a rock star that you were meant to be. I'll be here, and if decide that the Hollywood scene isn't for you then I'll be here, always, for you. Remember I'm still your biggest fan."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's over. D: It's okay though, the real story is here.

See you soon!