Walking Travesty

Seven

Since I'm already running late for my appointment we go through the drive-thru and eat on the way. I give him directions to my therapist's office, and we drive in silence for a few minutes.
"So why didn't you see the point?" he asks suddenly.
"Huh?" I look at him confusedly.
"You said you didn't see the point. In life, I'm guessing. But why?"
"Oh," I say as I take a bite of my burrito and chew slowly so I don't have to answer him immediately. "I was just always sad, I don't know."
"You always seemed so happy though." He'd noticed me?
I shrug and finish my food before replying, "I wasn't," I laugh a little and point to a tall windowed building ahead. "That's it right there."
He pulls in and parks in front of the door. "What time should I pick you up?" he asks, turning to look at me with those gorgeous brown eyes.
"I can get Em to pick me up, it's fine," I assure him, even though I kind of want him to.
"At the rate she and Jack are going she'll probably be naked and busy," he chuckles.
I grin and agree. "I should be done in an hour, maybe less."
"Have fun," he says as I get out of the car.
I roll my eyes. "Talking about how crazy I am is always a blast."
He laughs and waves goodbye as I walk into the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Towards the end of my therapy session my therapist, a plump old woman who goes by Mrs. Brown (which is ironic since she's caucasian and her hair is grey), asks me what she asks me every session. "Have you self harmed since our last meeting?"
"Nope."
"Wonderful!" she says excitedly, and I half expect her to cheer for me. We both stand up and she gives me a hug. "You have the potential to be a great young woman, Lina," she says as she pulls away. "You just need to get past this faze of your life."
I didn't realize crazy was a faze ... "Thanks. I really need to go, I think my ride's here." I quickly leave her office that smells like soap, and take the three flights of stairs down to the first floor. " You have the potential to be a great young woman ." her voice echoes in my mind. Potential
Alex is waiting in his car for me. I get inside and he smiles at me. "You look annoyed."
I roll my eyes, then rest my head on the window and close my eyes. "I am. Drive."
The car starts moving and his right hand slides into mine, and holds it tightly. "Anything I can do to cheer you up?" he asks.
I smile and open my eyes to look at him. "Kill my therapist?"
He laughs and glances over at me for a second, before looking back at the road. "Anything that won't get me thrown in jail?"
"Wanna come to my house and watch a movie or something?"
He smiles widely. "Sure."
We get to my house and I'm relieved to see that my parents aren't home. I lead him inside and make a pit stop in the kitchen to grab a container of ice cream and two spoons, before going up to my room. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask as I search through my large collection of DVDs.
"Your choice," he replies and I notice him surveying my small room.
I'm sort of embarrassed due to the large quantity of band and movie posters that seem sort of childish. "Breakfast at Tiffany's?" I ask as I stick the disc in the DVD player without waiting for his response.
"Never seen it."
I spin around and look at him wide eyed. "You've never seen it?" I ask with horror.
He laughs and sits down on my bed. "Nope."
I grab the remote and ice cream and sit beside him. "Well you are about to witness the most amazing movie of film history."
"Can't wait." He throws one arm around my shoulders and grabs one of the spoons.

We're about halfway through the movie when he says, "Oh my god, so he's like a male prostitute?"
I roll my eyes. "Wow, you catch on quick."
He ignores my sarcasm. "That's so cool. I think I should do that."
I laugh and elbow him in the side gently. "That's assuming anyone would want to have sex with you."
"Please," he scoffs. "I'm irresistable."
I raise an eyebrow at him and smirk. "You're very resistable, actually."
He returns the smirk. "You probably just have insanely strong will power, because you obviously want me right now."
"Nope, I couldn't want you any less than I do right now." Okay, that's a really, really big lie.
His eyes lock on my lips for the second time today and I silently pray that this time he'll kiss me. "You're a terrible liar."
"I'm actually a really good one."
"So you don't want to kiss me right now?" he asks a little softer.
"Not at all," my voice comes out in a sort of squeak.
"Then I'm really sorry for kissing you against your will."
"Wha-" he cuts me off by pressing his lips against mine. My eyes widen at first, then close tightly. His lips are soft and warm, and the kiss is very gentle and sweet. I return it, a little shyly. This isn't my first kiss, but I'm still afraid I'm going to screw things up somehow.
I feel his hand brush some of my hair back, then it rests on my cheek. Our lips part and he looks at me like he's expecting me to pull away or something. I'm about to kiss him again, when someone knocks on my door. "Sweetie, can I come in?" my mom's voice asks.
I jump a little, and move away from him so there's a good six inches between us on the bed. "Yeah."
The door opens and my mom pauses in the doorway as she looks from Alex to me. "Oh, I was just going to ask you whose car that was..."
Alex stands up and walks over to her, extending his hand. "Hi, I'm Alex," he introduces politely as he shakes her hand.
"Nice to meet you Alex," she says as she smiles widely. "I'm guessing you're Lina's... 'friend that's a boy' from last night."
I hold back a groan. "That would be me."
I can see her giving him the 'mom check out' thing. "Well it's very nice to meet you. Would you like to stay for dinner?"
Before he can answer I cut in, "We just ate a ton of ice cream."
My mom frowns a little at me, then sighs. "Alright, well you two go back to... whatever it is you were doing."
"Nice to meet you," Alex says in that same polite voice. She leaves and shuts the door, then he comes back onto the bed. "'Friend that's a boy'?" he asks with a grin.
I roll my eyes and look back at the movie. "If I told her anything else she would start planning a wedding."
He chuckles and puts his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder. "Wait, Holly's married to that old dude?" he asks, his attention going back to the movie.
"It was annulled ages ago," I say in a perfect Audrey accent.
He grins and starts running his fingers through the ends of my hair. We stay quiet for the rest of the movie, then we both stand up and walk downstairs. We thankfully avoid my mom as I walk him to his car. "I had fun tonight," he says as he leans against the car door."
I smile. "So did I. Thanks for cheering me up so I didn't murder my therapist."
He laughs and I realize that it's a very nice laugh. "You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me kiss you against your will."
I blush a little. "That wasn't really against my will, but you're welcome."
"So you wouldn't mind if I kissed you again?" he asks as he takes one of my hands and pulls me a little closer to him.
"Depends on how good the kiss is," I tease.
He rolls his eyes. "Please, all of my kisses are amazing."
"You're gonna have to prove that."
"Gladly." He leans down a little and kisses me again, and this time it's a little more passionate. He puts his hands on my hips and mine rest on his chest. Our lips seem to move together perfectly, like they were made to kiss the other's. God, that sounds cheesy. He pulls away too soon and his warm, ice cream scented breath hits my face. "Was that one amazing?" he asks with a grin.
I step away from him a little, and my knees feel so weak that I think I might actually fall over. Thank God I don't. "Hmm, it was alright," I say with a smirk.
He raises an eyebrow. "Tomorrow we're hanging out and kissing more, okay?"
I laugh and nearly die inside when I realize he likes kissing me. "Someone's a little eager. We've already hung out two days in a row."
He rolls his eyes and kisses me once more, just a little peck on the lips this time. "I'll text you tomorrow."
"You don't have my number."
"Emily gave it to Jack to give to me," he says with a sheepish grin.
"That's a little stalker-ish," I tease. "You could have just asked me for it."
He shrugs his shoulders. "I wasn't sure you liked me."
I stare at him. He wasn't sure if I liked him? "I don't like half of the people in my phone anyways," I say with a shrug. "See you tomorrow." I start walking towards the house and surprisingly hold in my giggles until I'm in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a lame chapter lol.
Lemme know what you think? :)xx