Crazy

That Sometimes

As the door opened Spencer could feel the light hitting his face. Then a blood chilling laugh that would haunt him for the rest of his life echoed through the room.

“Time to wake up my little pet.” It was a woman, but not the woman from the club. Spencer slowly let his eyes flutter open, terrified of what he might see. Then his heart stopped. He had found the three missing men, well he thought he had. There was blood adorning the walls like paint, dripping down into what almost looked like sick, twisted artwork. Torsos and headless corpses hung up on the walls, pieces of the victims everywhere he looked. But what was really terrifying him was that all three bodies were missing their heads. He couldn’t fight away the panic anymore as he saw the carnage that lay before him. Then there was that laugh again. “Do you like my decorating?”

He looked up to see a woman with short, blonde hair grinning at him. She had dark circles under her eyes that she’d attempted to hide with makeup, and her crow’s feet were just beginning to form on her fair skin. She was thin, but a healthy kind of thin so you could tell she ate. To most she would appear perfectly normal, a harmless thirty-something, but there was something about the look in her eyes mixed with that knowing smile that made Spencer realize he was in serious trouble. Hey gaze was icy and void of any emotion as she walked forward and knelt down inches in front of him. She kept that knowing little smirk on her face and it was making his stomach roll.

“I bet you weren’t expecting me, were you Mr. FBI?”

“Huh?” She simply answered by pulling out his badge, flipping it open for him.

Dr. Spencer Reid. You’re a bit young to be a doctor, aren’t you?”

“I’m thirty…” He answered, trying to get on her good side so he wouldn’t end up like the corpses on the walls.

“Thirty?” She tilted her head, just like the girl from the bar. “You don’t look thirty.” Her eyes narrowed at him as she checked his badge again, sure enough, he was telling the truth. She grumbled something about an idiot, but it was too low for Spencer to understand.

“Where, where’s the girl from the bar?” He asked, almost terrified for the answer. Her cold eyes snapped back to his, sending a chill ripping through his body. He hoped he hadn’t sped up his demise, but he couldn’t help it. Something about the memory of those giant eyes begging him to leave made him want to make sure she was alright.

“You’ll see her, if you’re a good boy.” The smile that took up her face made Spencer want to throw up. She suddenly shot up, looking down at him. “Now strip.”

“Wh-” He didn’t even have time to finish before she whipped a gun out from behind her back, shoving it into his face.

“You heard me.” She hissed.

“My hands are tied behind me.” He said. If he could get her to lower the gun he might be able to snag it and make his way out of here. But she scoffed at him.

“Get creative.” But then something flashed across her eyes and that knowing smile. “On second thought, don’t move.” He felt a shiver tear through his body, wondering what awaited him. Finally the footsteps returned and he saw the woman again, but there was someone behind her. Spencer shot up, trying to see if it could possibly be…

It was, the girl from the bar stood behind his capture, keeping her eyes on the floor. She was still in the same thing from yesterday but had tied her hair into a knot. Spencer guessed that from the way she wasn’t even fighting that whatever was about to happen was routine for her. But that didn’t stop tears from welling up her massive doe eyes as the other woman smiled at him.

“Although I’m sure a man of the FBI like yourself doesn’t have anything contagious, better safe than sorry.” She shoved the small girl towards Spencer and she fell on her face. He heard a cruel chuckle from the blonde woman, but couldn’t take his eyes from the girl in front of him. As she slowly rose to her knees Spencer saw that he hadn’t been imagining the scar from last night. It twisted and spun its way down her shoulder and disappeared just above her breast. She looked up and their eyes met once more. He wanted to hold her, wanted to tell her it was going to be okay, but he could tell by how broken she looked that it wasn’t going to be. “Alright, you kids have fun.” He looked back up at the blonde woman as she backed out the door and slammed it shut. He heard a lock being turned as his eyes adjusted to the darkness.

“I told you to leave.” She girl whimpered. “I tried to tell you, why didn’t you listen?” The question stopped Spencer, why hadn’t he listened? Surely it was easy to tell something had been seriously wrong but… He cleared his throat.

“I couldn’t leave you like that.”

“You don’t even know me.” She said. She sounded like she was trying to be angry, but her voice was so soft and quiet that it didn’t quite work.

“I know you were good enough to try and save me. What’s your name?” He asked. She looked at him for a long time.

“Annie.” She finally said. “My name is Annie.”

“Annie what?” A sharp knock on the door stopped her from answering as she looked into Spencer’s eyes.

“Follow my lead.” She whispered. She quickly reached over and unbuckled his belt earning a small gasp from him.

“What are you-” Her eyes locked on his as she begged him to keep his voice down. Her lips moved and even in the darkness Spencer could see her mouth ‘trust me.’ So he did. He quickly nodded as she pulled down his pant partway and shifted around, making rustling noises. He furrowed his eyebrows together, what on Earth was she doing? Finally she looked at the door, letting out small whimpers and starting to breathe heavily. She nodded at him and he quickly did the same, suddenly realizing her ingenious plan. They heard the cackle from outside the door as the woman’s footsteps walked away. When they could no longer hear her Annie stopped.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. He just shook his head in amazement.

“Annie, you’re a genius.” He said simply. Her eyes got huge at his praise.

“T-thank you.” She stuttered, looking back at the ground.

“My name is Spencer.” He said, looking into those hauntingly beautiful eyes. “Spencer Reid.” She nodded as she quickly pulled his pants back up for him.

“Nice to meet you Spencer.”

“So how long do we have?” He asked, not wanting to be left alone with the other woman.

“Before Maggie comes back?” He nodded and Annie let out a sad sigh. “Probably about five minutes.” He looked at her, locking their eyes together.

“Annie, listen to me. If you help me I can get us both out of here.” Her eyes got huge as she shook her head, slowly backing away from him. He felt the panic start to consume him again. What if she told the other one, Maggie, and he was killed? Why had he trusted this girl he hardly even knew?

“No one ever gets out.” She said, her eyes tearing up as she looked at the bodies on the wall. “They tried to escape too.” She said almost silently.

“I’m not like them.” She shook her head sadly.

“That’s what they all say.”

“Annie, please.”

“Look, if you’re nice to Maggie, if you do what she says, you won’t end up like them. She’ll keep you alive.”

“Like you?” He guessed. Her eyes got huge before tearing up and looking at the ground.

“You’re not as weak as I am, but yes.” She muttered. He knew his words had upset her; she’d probably had to do things that haunted her to stay alive. He slowly scooted himself towards her and pressed his forehead to hers. Her impossibly large eyes grew even bigger as he looked into them.

“Listen to me, we’re both going to get out of here, I promise.”

“Spencer-” But before she could say another word the door flung open to Maggie, grinning wickedly. But when she saw the tender contact between Annie and Spencer her grin morphed into a scowl. She grabbed Annie by her bun and ripped her to her feet.

“Get out.” She growled. Annie looked one last time at Spencer before she meekly obeyed. Maggie slammed the door shut, turning on the swinging light bulb overhead as she started walking towards Spencer. She grabbed something off a metal tray and continued towards him, the metal of the unknown tool glimmering red with blood. “I told you to be a good boy Spencer. Be a good boy and I wouldn't have to hurt you. But you didn’t listen.”

Spencer had never heard of an unsub like this. There was nothing to go off of, nothing he could use to reason with her. She was simply a psychopath. And if the team didn’t find him in time…

He was as good as dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two!
Yee haw!
So, I have to get the other four chapters up by the 20th...
which is also why they're kind of short.
But who has a guess on the chapter names?
c:
xoxoxo
TMG