Innocence Found

Chapter One

Loki had been back on Earth for a good few months following his banishment from Asguard at the hand of his ‘father’ His banishment was not unlike Thor’s however he was allowed regular contact with The Aesir and because Thor had returned to Earth after the alien Loki was kept under his watchful gaze. He had become somewhat of a consultant for SHIELD. His knowledge of the known, and unknown, universe was highly extensive and Nick Fury was using Loki’s abilities to the fullest of his advantage. Loki had his own section in SHIELD where he could conduct his research and retire to when he tired of mingling with the agents and other staff members of SHIELD. In the first few weeks Loki barely had a moment to himself, constantly being watched by highly training agents and other members of the ‘Avengers Initiative.’ He soon grew weary of the babysitting regime put in place and demanded that he be left alone or he would cease to offer his help. He might have surrounded himself with a dark cloud when delivering this message to the agent currently on watch. Well, his magiks hadn’t been taken from him, he had just been advised only to use them when needs must and if being allowed to go to the bathroom alone wasn’t a need then he didn’t know what was.

Coming into the fourth month of his ‘employment’ with SHIELD Loki was assigned to conduct research with Doctor Banner in his lab for the foreseeable future. He could not fathom why but if he had to guess he would assume his relocation had something to with the conversations held between the Super Solider and Stark that they thought were whispered but subtly was something neither of them had quite mastered yet. There was something new on Earth and they weren’t interested in ruling, such as Loki had been, he was more interested in destroying. Loki hadn’t been allowed out in the field with the team because he was deemed too volatile and it would be a risk to allow him to run riot on the city. It had become a custom for Thor to defend Loki, like he felt he owed him something, but in this case Thor thought back to a situation when Loki went to pick up a can that an elderly lady had dropped as she proceeded to throw the rest of her shopping at the God. Thor agreed that Loki should stay inside for a while.

Loki was not the only member of SHIELD that was not allowed out of Stark Tower when the Baddies Attack. Darcy Lewis was also instructed to stay in the building because when she tended to get involved she wasn’t the most forward thinking of people. The last time she went out with Thor up against Von Doom she panicked when he found her standing behind a door and had thrown her shoe at his head. She’d also called him a ‘metal head douche’ so Fury had told her she was to catch up on the paperwork she didn’t do during the day when everyone else was called away. She stayed away from Loki, generally, at all times because she found him to be downright rude. He was always berating her when she forgot to send an e-mail for Bruce or when she accidently tie-dyed Clint’s uniform purple and it was hard enough to work with all the added pressure from Fury without adding a snarky God to the pile!

Darcy was furiously typing away one afternoon when she heard a large explosion from down the corridor. She slammed her laptop lid down and pounded her feet down the narrow hallway.

“Goddammit Loki! If you have blown up something of Jane’s again I will personally bring down the power of meow-meow on you! Whether I can lift that damn hammer or no-“

She was cut short as she entered the lab Loki had last been in and was greeted with a large cloud of, what can only be described as, funky smelling dust. Darcy gritted her teeth in annoyance. Of course, she can’t go out with everyone else, she was now a target with that stupid, stupid armour wearing ass- Darcy stopped her tirade when she realised that she hadn’t been berated for her slow appearance at the lab yet. She squinted and tried to look through the dust to see if she could see him. It wasn’t like he was little, she should be able to see his annoying, surely greasy feeling, head. Darcy resigned herself to the fact she would have to walk into the messy room to find Loki. She didn’t fancy having to try to explain to Thor how she lost his brother in a puff of smoke. She found him slumped over a desk with some unexplainable goo over the back of his armour.

“Oh. Gross, dude!” She walked over to where he had, apparently, passed out and nudge him with her , cardigan covered, hand. When he responded with a groan she found herself relieved about the fact that he wasn’t dead but she decided she could just leave him there, especially not with this smelly goop all over him. Fury would be… Well, furious. She snickered a little bit as she found the air con buttons on the left hand side of the room. She thought by turning on the fans that some of the dust would disappear. Once the room had cleared a small amount she pulled Loki’s arm around her shoulders and slowly shuffled them out of the lab.

“Damn, you’re one heavy mofo!” She grunted under the weight of his body supported by her own. She didn’t see herself as a little woman but a God, by any standards, was going to be difficult to move on her own. She pushed him against a wall and watched as he slid down it, leaving a lovely orangey trail of goop on the wall behind him. She eyed up his attire and wondered if she could get him out of that heavy attire if it would make it any easier to move him into the bathroom outside the lab. She tried to remember how Thor had shown her… Was it breastplate first? She sighed and curled her fingers around the inside of his breastplate and pulled. She felt something click behind her fingers and the plate came off in her hands. She smiled, triumphantly, to herself and placed the piece of armour on the floor behind her. She saw him groan and try to move his head and Darcy froze. It was not going to look good if he regained consciousness when she was practically in the middle of stripping him. Loki stopped groaning and slumped his head forward once more and Darcy began to breathe again. Once she had removed his breastplate the other parts of his armour came off relatively simply. She saw no reason to remove his trousers but did give an appreciative glance at his crotch. Darcy shook the bad thoughts from her head. ‘You can’t STAND this guy, not getting laid in over seven months is NOT a reason to oogle ex-villains.’

She hooked her hands under his arms and hoisted him up onto her shoulders once more. She had seen so many films where women do this and they really don’t take into account height differences and Gods that maybe need to eat a little less chocolate! She managed to drag him out of the lab and practically throw him into the bath. She noticed that even her harsh treatment of him had not roused him out of his unconscious state and began to feel slightly nervous about if he would ever wake up… She turned on the shower head above him and watched as the warm water pummelled his body. She had left his underclothes on but the cloth he wore under his armour was soaked from the water and Darcy found herself appreciating his lean, muscular, body. She made a mental note to ask Thor how he could never notice that his ‘brother’ was his exact opposite! Where Thor was beefy, Loki was… Compact. She sat on the toilet seat and watched as the goop drained off him and down the plug hole. She was lost in her own thoughts and did not notice that Loki had opened his eyes and was staring straight at her.

“Woman! What happened? Why am I in wet clothes? My armour. Where is my armour?!” He hissed the last question at her and for all Darcy’s bravado she shrunk away from him and cringed as she registered the accusatory tone of his questioning. She mumbled a couple of words and was about to try to explain what had happened from her end of the building when Thor came bashing through the door. He gathered her in his arms and boomed in her ear.

“Lady Darcy! I saw what they have done to the Science room and could not find your nor Loki. Where is my brother?!”

Darcy pulled her face from his neck and looked pointedly at the bath in which Loki was, unceremoniously, trying to pull himself from. Thor held out the hand that was not wrapped around Darcy’s waist to Loki and, despite the scathing look Loki sent him, he accepted the hand offered and pulled his wet form from the bathtub and stalked out of the small room to the right. She assumed he was going to his temporary bedroom. Darcy tried to explain everything to Thor, she missed out the bits in which she checked out Loki’s unconscious form, and when she was done she came out of the bathroom to find Agent Coulson standing in front of her with a stack of papers.

“I’m going to need you to write up exactly what happened Miss Lewis.”