Take A Bow

Your The Hottest Ticket

Niall/Sree

Beauty and a Beat

Sree tugged on her skirt, weaving through the crowd of people that had managed to squeeze themselves into the club for a Halloween party. Her costume, a fairly creative take on Hermione Granger’s school uniform, proved to be rather warm in such a busy area. It wasn’t one of those trashy, suggestive, schoolgirl outfits…in fact it was an almost replica of the uniform from the movie…minus the long robe.

“Hey,” Sree turned, hoping the boy she was looking for had found her but instead she was met with a well built, brunette young man that she’d never met before. He didn’t look dressed up, just dressed formally. It was when he smiled that she noticed the two fake incisors he’d added to make himself a vampire.

“Hi,” she nodded at him.

“You looked lost,” he mentioned, stepping a bit closer to her.

“I can’t find who I’m looking for,” she added.

“Well I’m not sure who’d be foolish enough to let a beautiful girl like you out of their sight but how about I keep you company,” he asked, grinning.

Sree took a step away from him but he reached out before she was far enough, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her toward him. If it was any other venue she would have broke out running but this was a fancy party in a club and she doubted that anyone would even notice. He leaned closer to her, trying to kiss her cheek.

“Oi, what do ye think yer doing?” a voice behind them caught the brunette’s attention. The voice Sree knew belonged to the boy she’d been looking for earlier.

“Niall,” Sree breathed, a smiling coming to her face. The guy next to her dropped his arm and Sree moved over toward Niall.

“Keep yer hands of me girl yeah?” Niall barked, looping his arm around Sree’s waist and pulling her into him. She wrapped her arms around his torso, leaning into him and playing along. She wasn't really his girl, just his best friend. He wasn't going to let some sleaze try to take advantage of her on his watch.

The guy held his hands up in surrender, a silent apology for trying to hit on Sree when Niall wasn’t around. He walked away then, disappearing into the crowd and leaving Sree and Niall to themselves.

“Thank you,” Sree mouthed and hugged her best friend tightly. The Irishman had been friends with Sree for a couple of years now.

“Anytime,” he smiled and kissed her cheek.

Sree felt like a typical friend who wanted to be more. She knew that Niall liked her back though, he just always told her that he wanted to focus on his career. He was too worried about hurting her so he never wanted to even try dating.

“I haven’t seen yer costume,” Niall announced suddenly, once the guy was completely gone. Niall pulled her away from him, placing his hands on her shoulders and holding her at arms length.

“I already told you I was coming as Hermione Granger,” she stated, laughing.

“The skirt could be a little shorter princess,” Niall added cheekily.

“Niall!” Sree laughed, pulling him closer to her again and kissing him on the lips. Niall grinned, kissing her back a little harder and wrapping his arms around her waist. When they broke apart again Sree realized that Niall was dressed in plain clothes, “you didn’t dress for Halloween.”

“Sure I did,” he grinned, placing a kiss on her forehead.

“As what? Yourself?” She laughed.

“As your boyfriend.”

“What?” It was the cheesiest line she’d ever heard but it still took her by surprise.

Niall pulled her closer to him and placed his hand on the side of her head, bringing her toward him and kissing her. Sree smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him back. She couldn’t believe that in the middle of a crowded party he was kissing her.

“Come on, I've got to get one good dance in with my girlfriend,” Niall grinned, pulling away. He took her hand and led her to the dance floor.