The Story of Rose Red

Enter Kara Sanders

It was just a normal day in Storybrooke, the curse was still not broken, Emma Swan was still Sheriff. The Evil Queen Regina was still the mayor. Henry Mills, the adopted son of the mayor’s and Emma Swan’s son sat at a picnic table staring at the small florist shop that a young brunette woman stood outside of messing with red roses that lined the doorway.

‘Who is she?’ he wondered trying to piece together the mystery of which fairy tale character this woman had to be. She was pretty with her soft light green eyes, rosy cheeks, and her hair that was so dark it was almost black.

Henry grabbed his book and started going through the pages until he landed on the beginning of a story with a dark haired girl holding hands with a blonde haired girl.

Snow White and Rose Red

‘But how!’ He thought confused.

His grandmother was Snow White. Maybe there was another Snow? But where was the other one? Snow White and Rose Red were irrespirable. Henry looked back at the woman who was greeting a couple of people.

It was her but where was the other that stood next to her in the picture?

Image



“On Guard you foul beast!” A black haired young woman called as she swung a stick in the air in front of her at the imaginary foes.

“Oh what in all the enchanted forest are you doing Rose?” A young blonde asked as she sat on a blanket sewing.

“Living in the moment Snow!” the brunette called twirling in her red dress. She stopped and looked out into the forest. “Snow?”

Snow looked up at her sister questioningly. “What Rose?”

“Don’t you ever wonder what it’s like.”

“What what’s like Rose?”

“Living in the Kingdom and not the forest being a fair lady of the court then a homebody.”

“Of course not Rose, I’m happy living here with mother.”

“Oh but Snow, where is your adventure!”
“I don’t need any, you have enough for the both of us.”

Rose came and knelt on the blanket with her sister.

“But don’t you ever wonder Snow. We could be married to princes if we lived in the kingdom.”

Snow gave her a look.

“And how would peasant girls be married to princes Rose?”

“It happens all the time.” Rose defends

“Don’t be so childish Rose, those are fairy tales nothing more.”

“But.”

“No I’m done hearing it Rose.” and Snow stood tucking away her sewing in the basket she held and walked off.

“I’ll see you at the cottage when you decide to act your age.” Snow called while Rose sat on the ground staring after her sister sadly.

Image


“Excuse me.” a voice broke Henry out of his reading. A picture of a young woman looking off into the distance stood out on the page.

Henry looked up seeing the woman from the flower shop standing there, the woman he thought was Rose Red.

“Your the mayor’s son Henry right?” she asked with a small smile.

“Uh yeah.”

“My names Kara, Kara Sanders. Your mother gets her flowers from me.” she said standing back up from her bending down to be eye level.