Status: Writing writing writing...

Home Could Be Anywhere When I Am Holding You.

Chapter 16;

It was New Years Eve and we were waiting for PJ and Chris to arrive. They were the first for me to meet. I’d seen a few of their videos back when Dan told me about some of his internet friends.
“Peej?” I heard Phil answer the door.
My anxiety was starting to come through, the sick to my stomach feeling, the shaking of my left knee and hand, it only affected my left side, the need to fix my hair so it was covering my face. It was all starting to appear once again. Dan pulled me closer and kissed my hair softly. My heartbeat slowed slightly, as did the shaking.
Phil came back into the room, with PJ and Chris following behind. I looked up at them through my fringe, their genuine kind smiles making me relax further.
“You must be Hannah.” Chris opened his arms for a hug and I timidly stepped into them, his arms tightening around me.
“You’re Chris,” I murmured into his chest before letting go. “And you must be PJ.” I offered a hand out but was almost thrown to the floor by a hug.
“Sorry, it’s just been forever since Dan had a girlfriend that he really cares about. It’s nice to meet you.”
“You too.” I laughed nervously.
“Dan tells me you play piano?”
“And ukulele, and drums.” I sighed. I knew what was coming.
“Will you play ukulele with me?!” PJ shouted excitedly.
I looked at Dan hesitantly, “Uh… okay?”
I went into mine and Dan’s room and grabbed my ukulele. I hadn’t played for Dan, when I played I felt the need to sing, and I hated singing in front of people. I sighed as I walked back to the living room before sitting on the floor next to PJ.
“What are we playing?” I asked as I tuned the small instrument.
“Well, what songs do you know?”
“Deaf Havana, You Me At Six… take your pick?”
“Whatever you want.”
“You’re as indecisive as I am,” I laughed. “Okay, how about… Hunstanton Pier? It’s a Deaf Havana one.”
“Sure. You play it first.”
“Okay.” I took a deep breath as I started playing the first chords.
“It was 2004 if I’m not mistaken, when the poison hit my lips, and I haven’t looked back since.” I sang, and flicked my eyes to Dan.
His eyes were slightly wider, but his face gave nothing away, the tiniest smile on his lips, barely visible. My gaze dropped back to the floor as I carried on.
I hit the last chord and took one last breath as I looked up.
“What do you think?” I asked PJ.
“I think… you have an amazing voice. Will you teach me that song?”
“Of course.” I smiled.

--

A few hours later, the party had started. When I say party, I mean a small gathering. People, drinks… that kind of thing. It wasn’t really my scene, but I stood there, next to Dan, his arm around my waist.
“So when did you meet Dan?” One of his non-internetty friends, Carla, asked.
“A few months back.” I smiled, suddenly feeling really awkward.
“Oh.” She rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to Dan.
Chris smiled and made his way over to me.
“You realize that’s his ex-girlfriend.” He whispered in my ear.
“No. I didn’t.” I whispered back.
“You can tell from the flirting that she’s still not over him.”
“I take it he broke up with her, yes?”
“Come take a walk, I’ll tell you.”
I nodded, “Dan, I’ll be back in a sec.”
“Okay.” He kissed me softly and smiled before I walked away with Chris.
We went and sat in the guest room, him on the bed, me on the floor.
“So what happened?”
“She cheated.”
“WHAT!?” I asked, outraged.
“When he started the whole YouTube thing, she started getting jealous of the female attention that he was starting to get, and she became threatened and blah, long story short, cheated. Broke his heart.”
“Wow,” I exhaled. “Come to think of it, she does look like a bit of a slut.”
He laughed, “Anyway, let’s get back.”
I walked back laughing with Chris, I could see myself becoming close friends with him. I looked around for Dan and found him uncomfortably close with Carla, her fingers trailing up his arm as he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. I walked up to them.
“Excuse me, would you mind taking your hands off my boyfriend?”
“Shut up.” She snapped.
“I think you should leave,” I suggested. “I don’t think Dan wants you here.”
“I said, shut up.” She drew her hand back to slap me, but I was quicker, I punched her in the stomach and she dropped to the floor.
“No-one. Touches. Me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's a little late, I got a new job so I've been a bit manic.
I seriously suggest listening to Deaf Havana, they're so lovely.
Enjoy and I think Tuesday will be the next (I hope).
<3